Elizabeth Louise's birth story!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By *SamF*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Neverland's Newest Arrivals LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 08:31 AM
*SamF*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to *SamF*
I had my last prenatal appointment on May 10. For the first time Elizabeth failed her bio-physical u/s. She didnít do everything she was supposed to do. The doctor decided that it was better to go ahead and induce at this point (he is overly cautious since Iím always considered high risk).I was dilated to a 2 and Elizabeth was at a +1 station (she was super low!!) We got scheduled to go in that evening at 6pm.
We got to the hospital and L&D was a bit crazy. They were short handed and pretty full. I got put in my room and sat there for about 30 minutes, till my nurse could get to us. They got me all checked in and gave me my first dose of cytotec. I was still 2cm dilated at this point. By 8:30 my contractions had pretty much picked up, I was contracting about every 4 minutes. I got my second dose at 9:30. By 10:30 I was contracting every 3-4 minutes but hadnít dilated much more. They decided to not give me anymore cytotec, because they wanted to give me a chance to dilate. The contractions stayed pretty regular overnight- not too bad. We watched a lot of bad TV and got a little rest. I started having quite a bit of bloody show and my awesome nurse unhooked me from everything so I could go shower before they started the pitocin.
They started pitocin at 6:30, I was around 3cm dilated. Contractions really picked up at this point. They were not holding back on the pitocin dosage! Doctor came in at around 7:30 and broke my water. Contractions stayed at 3 min but got more and more intense. By 9 am I was in serious pain. I became the annoying moaning woman to get through the contractions. They checked me and I was between 4 and 5 cm. I was convinced I had 5-6 more hours of this. I caved and asked to talk to the anestisiaologist to see if he would even try to do an epi on me since it didnít go well last time. He came in and agreed to try. He tried the epi at 9:30, and it did NOTHING! It hit scar tissue or something. I would have been happy with even a 25% dose but it didnít work at all. Went through the whole process and got stuck on the bed for nothing- I was pretty pissed at myself. (The only nice thing is the anesthesiologist came in later and said we would not be charged for the epi)
My contractions really started picking up in intensity. Pitocin contractions are much sharper and extended then regular contractions. My nurse rarely left my room. Her name was Shirley- she was an older nurse who normally doe s admin stuff now but was filling in on the floor. She was actually pretty calming to have in there.
Shortly after 11 I was getting worse with the contractions and pressure. This is when everything went a little nuts. At 11:19 (I was watching the clock too) Shirley checked me because I was complaining I needed to push. She said we were having a baby! She told the assistant that was in there to go get the doctor now. She was pretty calm about it. She broke down the bed in a matter of seconds and had my feet up. She told Jim to grab a leg. I could not hold the pushing at all. My body took over- and I was screaming! I never thought I would be a screamer in labor but I was screaming at the top of my lungs. Within 30 seconds of the assistant leaving and the bed being broke down, Miss Elizabeth made her entrance! Shirley delivered her. The doctor got there in time to deliver the placenta and tell I didnít need stitches, I had one minor little tear/scratch but it was close to the urethra so he wasnít going to do anything.
So at 11:20 am on May 11 Elizabeth Louise speed into the world at 7 pounds 1.9 ounces and 21 inches long! She is perfect!
We only stayed the required 24 hours then got home! I was also able to save my placenta to encapsulate too.

July 3rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
Congratulations on your newest addition!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search