Fiona's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ha, I didn't even notice that I never posted her birth story!! So I searched for the post I made on the unplanned pregnancy board after she was born, so i'm just going to paste it here:

Hi Ladies!!!
Just wanted to let you all know that my precious Little Miss Fiona FINALLY made her big entrance into the world!!! So here's how it all went down...

Well, as I posted on Friday, we got the call at 9am to come in to be induced. They told us to be there as soon as we could...can you believe I actually took the time to shower, shave, eat, blowdry my hair, and put on my makeup?? lol Yup, I actually did all that.
At 10:30am, we made it to the hospital where I was admitted and sent upstairs to some sort of Unit (can't remember the name of the room I was in). At 11:15am, they inserted the jelly to induce me. After all my visits to see my doctor and HATING every moment of the internal exams, I was sooooo surprised that this didn't hurt a bit! So then we played the waiting game. After one hour, the resident came to check on me and I was still only one centimeter dilated. Oh well, they said it could take quite a while to work. So we just chilled for a while, Mitch and I played cards, we went for TONS of walks around the hospital, my mom, sister and his brother came to visit. After waiting like 5 hours, we were told that we may get sent home if I was wasn't progressing, since the labor floor was picking up! URGH! But at 5:30, we got great news that they could continue with the induction and we probably wouldn't get sent home after all. Good thing, as it turns out, at 5:35 they checked me, and woohoo! 3 cm dilated! My pains were getting pretty strong and were about 3 mins apart. Off to the labor room I went!
We sat there for a few hours just chilling out, and OMG! I got hit with a MASSIVE contraction that had me rolling over in tears in my bed...Back labor! Yikes! I thought I was going to die! It was a pain that wasn't going away even though my contractions were coming and going...I BEGGED for some drugs! Don't let this scare you ladies! The nurse told me that she thought an epidural would be appropriate! I told her there wasn't time for one! I needed something now! lol But alas, I made it through long enough to have the anethetist (spelling?? duh...) come and stick an IV in me, and do the epidural. Weirdest thing I've ever felt (up until that point at least). Ten minutes later, I was frozen waist down and couldn't even move my legs..What a relief! Well, hours and hour go by...Nothing huge happened, I stayed at 3 cm forever! At about 3 in the morning, the epidural wore off only on one spot on my back so I was hit with some MASSIVE pains again and bawled my eyes out for almost an hour and a half, until we were finally able to get the epidural working in that spot, and not sooner than ten minutes later, I was able to sleep finally (though only in very short intervals since every contraction, while not painful, woke me up just from the pressure..imagine them without the epidural??? lol)
Anyhoo, morning came and I was still only 3 cm, so I asked about breaking my water...Nurse wasn't sure it was the best option, but checked me and decided to go for it...good thing! Four hours later, I'm fully dilated and it's time to push! lol I went from 3 to 10 in no time! And I didn't even notice since I kept pushing the button for more epidural anytime I felt something coming on...lol
So at exactly noon, I started pushing and as it turns out, I was really good at it! At least the nurses told me so...baby was sunny side up, and normally this is about 3 hours of pushing, but my little trooper turned herself around after four pushes and not 49 minutes later, I was holding my beautiful little daughter!

So that's the story! 19 hours of active labor, and over 24 hours of being at the hospital getting induced, I get to have my baby!
For all you girls who haven't had your babies yet, please take this one bit of advice! GET THE EPIDURAL! lol Jk, it's of course your choice, but man, it saved my life! tihi!
We just got home, and I'm happy! Fiona Reece is soooo beautiful I can't even get over it! I've never in my life thought I'd ever love someone so much, and yet this little 8 lbs, 3.5 oz., 20 inch baby has stolen my heart and I'll never ever get it back! She's so perfect!
Funny thing, for those of you having a girl...their na-na's come out kinda swollen...I got busted on camera right after having her saying "are you sure it's a girl?? oooohh....it's just swollen!!"

Oh, and I know some of you may cringe at this thought, but since I'm not breast feeding, I'm enjoying a nice cold beer right now! lol Just thought I'd rub it in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search