We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
On Monday Feb. 6th around 7:00 pm I felt like I was leaking a lil' bit. I went to the bathroom and wiped and there was nothing there. Around 8:00 I had the same feeling, went to the bathroom and it was more than the first time. It was running down my leg so I knew it wasn't normal. It was clear and too watery to be discharge. I told DH I think we should go to L&D and just have it checked out. We got our stuff together and got to L&D around 10:00 pm. They checked and said there wasn't much leaking at all so it might not be my water or baby could be acting like a plug. We waited around and finally at 12:30 pm they decided it actually was my water leaking and I was admitted. I was only 2-3 cm and 50% effaced so they started pitocin. Around 6:00 am the contractions got so bad I wanted an epidural sooo bad. The contractions were right on top of each other. At about 8:00 am I had 4 doctors come into the delivery room and tell me they were concerned about the baby. They had been monitoring her from out of the room and her heartbeat wasn't doing what they wanted. She was reacting how she should and something could be wrong. I was running a fever of 101.5 so they thought I probably go an infection from my water breaking so long ago and she was getting the infection in the process of labor. They told me they would monitor me for a lil' bit longer and depending on how dialated I was and how the baby was doing, they were possibly going to do a C-Section. After an hour they came back and I was almost 10 cm. dialated and they told me to try push and it put me at 10 cm. They said I could try pushing for a little bit and if the baby reacted ok, I could continue to push otherwise it was a C-section so they started the C-section IV just in case. The doctor told me after the birth that he was about 95% sure I would be having a c-section delivery but I was fighting it. I really didn't want to. Well I pushed for 2 1/2 hours and Hadley reacted ok to it. Not great but ok but they said I couldn't push anymore. They would only let me push for 3 hours and she was still too high that the next half hour wouldn't do much help so it was either C-section, vacuum or forceps. I decided to try vacuum or forceps. I hadn't done much research on it Hadley though. I couldn't stop crying. Well they decided my pelvis was too small for a forceps so they tried the vacuum. They tried 4 times and said on the 5th if she doesn't come we have to do a C-section and THANKFULLY on the 5th try she came! All 8 lbs. 6 oz and 20.5 inches of her! They took her away right away so I didn't get to see her until she was about an hour and a half old but DH got to be with her and give her her bath and everything. He kept reassuring me that she was just fine. After a few hours they needed to give her an IV of fluids so she got an IV in her hand and had to have her blood checked a lot. The IV in her hand eventually went bad and she had to have another one in her foot. I think it hurt me more than it did her to see her have that done! We had to stay in the hospital a few extra days but finally we are home and she is doing just fine! Now I just have to watch her jaundice and hope that goes away!
Wow, What a ride eh?? Pooor little thing having problems with the IV in her hand!! And poooor you with the fear of having to have a C-Section! I'm so glad you were able to go naturally with her!! Congratulations!! *HUG*
Our boy, James!! Born February 18, 2006!! xoxoxoxox