Charlotte Rose

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 23rd, 2009, 08:09 PM
mama2jacob&charlotte's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mama2jacob&charlotte
I had scheduled Jacob's birthday party for Saturday, April 18th. Charlotte was due on April 29th, and with Jacob having been born on his due date, I figured she wouldn't be more than a day or two early. I had been having contractions for a while, but nothing regular. My OB hadn't even checked me and frankly I didn't want to be checked, didn't want to get any false hopes or anything. It was Friday night, and I thought I was safe for the *only* day I didn't want her to be born, because I hadn't had many contractions at all that day. About 11 PM on Friday night, I went to sleep.

At about midnight, I woke up to go to the bathroom... and a HUGE gush of water came out when I went to the bathroom. I wasn't sure if it was my water breaking or if I had just not made it to the bathroom in time... however, it kept leaking out... so, I was pretty sure it was my water! With DH being gone, my plan was to have my neighbors across the street drive me to the hospital. I gathered a few things and went outside... thankfully, my neighbors were outside having a smoke so I said "uh, I think my water just broke!" they mobilized, my neighbor and her daughter came over and helped me toss some things into a bag to get ready to go. Called my doc and told her my water broke, she told me to head in to L&D. So, I called my parents to come over, and my neighbor's daughter stayed at the house (Jacob was sleeping) until my parents could arrive.

Got to the hospital at about 12:30, after furiously texting and calling my husband to tell him it was time, with no response. My plan for labor was to have a friend with me, but she was still in Chicago (she was planning on coming into town on Monday, and it was now Friday). So, I called my back-up labor coach, but she didn't answer her phone because it was so late at night! Finally, after calling her husband's phone about 5 times, she woke up and called me back and said she was on her way.

A resident checked me and said "yeah, you're ruptured! you're staying and having the baby!" I was at 4 cm then, the baby was fully engaged. They got me into a room, my husband finally called me back, and we were able to get him up on the webcam. My labor coach/partner arrived. I held out as long as I could on the epi, and got one around 2:30 AM. After that it was cake... around 5:00 I started to feel a lot of pressure, told the nurse, she called my doc (and the on-call doc happened to be my primary doctor!), she came and checked me and it was time to push! Charlotte came out in about 3-4 pushes, they put my beautiful baby on my chest and I held her for at least an hour before they took her and bathed her. She was beautiful and perfect, and DH was on the webcam for the whole thing. We both cried as I held her. My labor partner was amazing, and the nurses and doctors were so supportive.

It was an even better birth experience than Jacob, and his birth was pretty amazing, too.

Thanks to JaidynsMum for my awesome siggy!
August 24th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
amazing!! that is awesome DH got to be on webcam for it

she sure is beautiful Cori!

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

August 24th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Clay and Carson's mommy

How special that your dh got to be on the webcam!

Charlotte is so pretty
August 25th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I am sitting here holding back tears reading this. DH was on webcam the whole time???? AMAZING!!!! Just amazing.

What a perfect labour story, and such a beautiful little girl. you're such a wonderful mother.
August 28th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Amazing that your husband got to "be there" for his daughter's birth via webcam! How wonderful for the both of you! Good job, mama!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search