Addyson Elena's Birth Story - July 19th, 2008.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Friday, July 18th I started having contractions at 10am. All day they kept coming and started to get further apart late afternoon. Tello went to work thinking it was another bout of false labour - as did I. He arrived home at midnight and I went to bed, telling him I didn't feel well. He had a feeling something was happening and he couldn't sleep. At 3am I was woken up by the contractions, they were pretty painful. I went to the bathroom and wiped and there was blood. I knew then that it was time. I went downstairs and told Tello, 'I think I'm in labour'. He jumped up, called his Mom to come stay with Brayden and got ready to leave. He kept hugging me telling me it would be okay and I was really nervous. His Mom arrived and we left for the hospital.

My contractions were coming every 4 minutes. We arrived at the hospital at 4am and the nurse checked me. STILL 2cm dialated. I could not believe it. I told the nurse I wasn't going anywhere, that I was having a baby today. I knew I was in real labour. The contractions were different than any others I had experienced. The nurse told me the blood was from being checked the day before but I knew she was wrong. She said she would come back in 1.5 hours and check me. She came back and noticed a 'slight change' in my cervix so I was admitted! I was SO excited!! And I was right, I was in labour!

The contractions really increased in intensity and started becoming quite painful. They said they were becoming abit irregular so they gave me pitocin. After that the contractions were horrible. I was crying and getting loud and all I wanted was for Tello to rub my back. The nurse checked me and I was 4cm, 90% effaced. I was really excited to hear that. Progress!

When I reached 5cm I asked for my epidural. I couldn't handle the pitocin contractions anymore, they were coming hard and fast. After my epi, they turned the pitocin all the way up and broke my water. I progressed fast after that - 1cm every 30 minutes. All of a sudden the nurse started flipping me back and forth, on my back and then back and forth...Addysons heart rate had dropped down to 70. Scared Tello and I half to death and I almost lost it, but she gave me oxygen and her heart rate climbed again. I was so relieved and thinking about it now makes me cry.

At 1:15pm I was 10cm and ready to push. I was determined not to push for as long as I did with Brayden (2.5 hours) so I pushed with everything I had. After about 25 minutes the nurse told me to stop pushing. Addysons head was 'right there' and she ran to get the doctor. He came in and told me not to laugh or talk or anything. He said to push really, really slowly and out came her head. 3 more seconds of pushing and she was born! 9lbs 2oz and 19 3/4 inches long.

Tello and I were both crying as she was placed on my stomach. I kept touching her and telling her hi and that I loved her. They took her for a few minutes as she had swallowed a bunch of gunk but she was fine. She is beautiful, looks just like her brother when he was born.

I am so proud

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search