Serenity Jane

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2006, 10:44 AM
ManInTheMoon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry this is so late. It's hard finding time to pop on-line. Serenity is a sweet baby, but she's demanding! She's up all night and sleeps during the day. And I've had visitors during the day, so I haven't been able to nap. I'm running on empty! I apologize in advace for the spelling errors. I'm too tired to spell check. But here's my birth story...

We got to the hostpital at 9:00 and spent 2 hours getting prepped for surgery and filling out paper work. It was really boring. They had to put a foley catheter in and that was painful! (Not as painful as labor, so I can hardly complain.) But the nurse must have done something wrong because when I was getting on to the operating table, it feel out. And the bulb was still inflated, so you can imagine how much that hurt. (Again, trying not to whine, because it's not labor!)

The spinal went really well. My nurse had the best bedside manner. He had me put my forehead on his chest and he held my hand and stroked my hair while he told me what the anesthiologist was doing. It didn't hurt at all and it wasn't scary.

They put up the curtain and let DH in. I made him stroke my hair and talk to me while they started cutting me open. Even though I've been through it before, the idea of being cut open is still scary. And the ceiling was made of shiny reflective metal, so even though the curtain was up, I could look up and sort of see what as going on -- I saw lots of red!

I felt tugging and then I felt them lift her out. They didn't say, "it's a girl". They said, "Oh, she's big!" She was big! And she still hadn't turned. She was sideways, but more head up -- almost breech. So, I'm really glad I didn't try for a VBAC. I might have had to have her via c-section anyway -- after going through labor first! No fun!

Serenity didn't cry right away and it just felt so surreal. Then they quick popped her face over the curtain for me to see, but it was too quick. I was like, what was that? That's my baby? I just saw some fuzzy brown hair and pink skin. I remember saying, "She's not crying." And someone said, "Oh, she will!" A couple minutes later I heard her cry. Then the tears started rolling down my cheeks.

She was born at 11:20 and was a whopping 9 lbs 7 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. Her APGAR scores were 8 and 9. She's healthy and beautiful!

The whole thing didn't feel real to me until after Dh left to get my dd, Aurora, ready for bed. She had school the next morning. Then I was finally alone with my girl. It was wonderful! She's so different from my dd when she was a baby. Aurora was colicky. I never could comfort her just by holding her. It felt like she didn't even know who I was. If she wasn't sleeping or eating, she was crying -- loudly!!! Like a wild cat! It made bonding so difficult. Bonding with Serenity has been a breeze. The nurses had taken her to the nursery so I could get some sleep, but they brought her back right away because they couldn't get her to settle down. They said she must be hungry. But she wasn't hungry. She just wanted her mommy. She loves snuggling next me. She's so content just being held. I'm so, so in love with my baby girl!

The nursing is going pretty well. Aurora was an instant pro at latching on, but Serenity has to work at it. I'm glad I've done this before or I might have gotten frustrated and given up. She has a tendency to take just the nipple and that is so painful! But we're starting to get it down now.

I'm doing okay as far as pain goes. They gave me percocet, which really helped, but now I think I might be allergic to that. I'm getting a new rash on top of the PUPPS. Why, oh why, do I have to be allergic to everything!?! I'm down to taking tylenol and ibeprophen and it really doesn't cut it. But I'm feeling a little better every day.

Anyway, I'm so eager to hear about all the other new babies that have been born this week and to catch up on everyone's pregnancies. I hope I get another chance to pop on-line in a day or two. Take care everyone!

Hugs,

Rochelle

April 29th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Number_3's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations... So glad to hear how smoothly everything has gone for you all. It is a good thing you had the c-section! SHe would have probably been too big to try and turn for a VBAC. My DS was a 10 lb 2oz breech baby....I didn't find out he was breech until ON my due date ( I went 3 days over before my water broke and had an emergency c-sect.) So that could have been a scarey scenario.

Good to hear she's doing well with BF. It is much easier the 2nd time around, when mom has the knowledge and patience to deal with waiting for baby to learn.
April 29th, 2006, 12:00 PM
toni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!! She sounds beautiful.

April 29th, 2006, 01:02 PM
my_boys_are_my_joy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations! She sounds like a great baby!! You're one lucky momma!

a huge thank-you to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggy!
April 29th, 2006, 03:34 PM
Dawminatrix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dawminatrix Send a message via MSN to Dawminatrix Send a message via Yahoo to Dawminatrix
congrats

April 29th, 2006, 03:45 PM
PrettyInPink#2
Congratulations on your new baby!
April 30th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am so HAPPY for you. Your story sounds wonderful - and Serenity sounds like adorable. Can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy it all!

Thanks Rochelle for a FABULOUS siggy!!
May 1st, 2006, 12:38 AM
Dayna1
What a beautiful story She sounds like an angel. Congratulations Momma!
May 1st, 2006, 04:33 AM
Super Mommy
Congrats! Glad you have a happy, healthy baby.

Brooklyn Taylor May 16/06
Braeden Nov.16/03
May 1st, 2006, 08:32 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to mamalucky
Congrats!

<div align="center"></div>

<div align="center"></div>
May 1st, 2006, 01:45 PM
angeleyes0717's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angeleyes0717
Congrats They both have beautiful names to go with their beautiful faces.

May 2nd, 2006, 07:54 AM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Congrats!!!!

I had a catheter put in late in my pregnancy with Danny too ... they needed a clean urine sample and it felt like daggers going up there. I was screaming in pain ... it's because the baby puts a lot of pressure there and makes it hard to insert. I wonder why they didn't wait until AFTER you had the epidural to put it in??? That's what they did with me - I had it inserted after the epidural when I was in labor.

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

May 2nd, 2006, 04:05 PM
::april.showers::'s Avatar April- Mama of 4
So glad to hear that you are doing well.. babies can be pretty difficult at first, my DS didn't know night from day for about 2-3 weeks , but you are doing great, your girls are beautiful!

Thank you GraysMama for another amazing siggy!
May 6th, 2006, 12:42 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congratulations!! big girl. you seem pleased with how things turned out, so i'm glad for you! my best friend named her daughter serenity, too, it's such a pretty, peaceful name,
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

March 8th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Mandi_Lin
she is just beautiful.....and she had a good birth weight to her....look at how much she has grown since you had her

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search