Jacob Paul

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2006, 11:07 AM
mama2jacob&charlotte's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mama2jacob&charlotte
On Saturday I was experiencing really terrible menstrual cramps all morning, so we called the doc and headed in to L&D. I was convinced they were going to send us home, and after being on the monitor for a couple hours they did send us home. The nurse said I'd probably be back within a couple days, and she told me I wasn't having *real* contractions, and when I did, I'd know it.

Sunday, I had almost no pain at all and I was really disappointed, I was hoping he was on his way.

Monday morning, some bad pains again, and when DH left for work, he was planning on coming home in a couple of hours. But when he called to check on me 3 hours later, all the pain had stopped and I was disappointed AGAIN.

Well, around 8:30 monday night I started having different kinds of pain ... like this vice grip on my back spreading to the front. I still wasn't really *SURE* honestly like the nurse said I would be but I was thinking this may be it (although I wasn't getting my hopes up again!) So I called DH and told him to hurry home around 9:15 because it was just getting worse and worse. He made it home around 9:30 and I still didn't want to call the doctor, I didn't want them to think I was being a pain over nothing, but it kept getting worse so I said to hell with it, I gotta call them NOW. So the doc on call told me to go in.

We go in to L&D and they check me - still at a 2. I was soooooo pissed right then. I didn't understand how I could be in so much pain and it not be doing anything to dilate me! But, they hooked me up to the monitor, and I was screaming in pain pretty much. The nurse said she thought they'd keep us, because if they sent us home, we'd just come right back. She calls my doc and came back in a couple minutes later and said "Okay, we're keeping you, the doctor's gonna break your water and you're gonna have this baby now." That was totally surreal. 10 minutes later the doc broke my water - that was weird, it was like this huge warm puddle. TONS of fluid. Gross.

So they hooked me up to the fluids so I could get the epidurral. Oooh, the epidural was my best friend. They had to do it twice because the first time it didn't work. THAT was torture - having it not work, not having it done twice. The actual epidural didn't hurt at all, even though they had to do it twice. (And I swear I peed on the nurse when they were putting it in, but she said it was amniotic fluid, I think she just didn't want me to be embarassed!)

That was at about 2:15 AM, when they fixed it the 2nd time, and from 2:15 - 6:30, I pretty much slept. Not exactly SLEPT, but rested, and dh slept on the fold-out chair next to me. The nurse came in and checked at 6:30 and she said okay, you're complete, let's go, time to start pushing.

I started pushing at 6:30 AM. He was born at 9:04 AM. GAH! It was a lot lot lot of pushing. The nurse didn't tell me this at the time but they turned the epidural off then. I guess it's a good thing or it would have taken me more than three hours to push him out! The 2.5 it did take was hard enough. The nurse was so great the whole time, especially when I had to STOP pushing because my stupid doctor wasn't there yet. That really pissed me off. I did have to have an episiotomy which I didn't feel at all (at the time) but which is VERY VERY painful now! My advice is to stock up on Tuck's pads and witch hazel and freeze some washcloths to put in between your legs when you get home. The cool helps the swelling - which isn't that bad on my actual bum but um, other places it kills!

Anyway, so Jacob was born at 9:04 AM with meconium in the fluid so they had to aspirate him and stuff at first, it was kind of scary cuz I couldn't exactly see what was going on. His APGAR scores were 6/8/9 and now he has some jaundice so we've been back and forth to the hospital and pediatrician, but it seems much better and we're going to the doc at 3:45 and I expect a clean bill of health.

He is sooooooooo beautiful and I'm so in love. I hope you all have easy labors like I had!!!

Thanks to JaidynsMum for my awesome siggy!
May 8th, 2006, 11:48 AM
ManInTheMoon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can totally relate to your frustration of having all the painful contractions without making much progress. That's what it was like with my 1st. And the epi was my best friend too. You really had to push for a long time, but it still sounds like things went pretty smoothly. Glad to hear it! Congratulations again on your beautiful little boy! I'm so happy for you!

May 8th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Super Mommy
Congrats. Sounds like things went well for you.
Meredith Joyce Due: May 26, 2006

May 8th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
Congrats! Sounds like it went pretty well. Can't wait to see some pics!
May 8th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats!

Welcome Jacob.

Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy =)
May 8th, 2006, 05:27 PM
my_boys_are_my_joy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow! 2 1/2 hours of pushing!!! *falls over* you must be superwoman!

a huge thank-you to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggy!
May 8th, 2006, 07:38 PM
detk's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well easy labor maybe, but pushing for 2 1/2 hours must have been hard!! Congrats again!
March 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Mandi_Lin
Wow that would be so frustrating to have pain like that. I know how scary that meconium is...he truly is a handsome little guy.
March 19th, 2008, 02:49 PM
PerfectlyFlawed06's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awe beautiful Jacob!! The pushing for 2.5 hours was horrible, I definetly feel your pain with that. And now that gorgeous boy is almost 2

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search