Maguire Lynne

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2006, 04:09 PM
baby1577's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
and FINALLY i post his story.

well, as you all know, i was on bedrest for about 3 weeks due to pregnancy induced hypertension. (high blood pressure) on the 29th my blood pressure got pretty high at home, so we headed to L and D. once i got there and got an IV my blood pressure went down some, but they admited me to run some blood work etc. around 9am the next morning the o/c doctor came in to talk to us. she said my liver function came back as declining and my plattelett level was low. she said she was going to call my dr and let him make the final decision, but that if it was up to her she would do a c-section that morning. i wasn't too happy about that news......i really wanted to TRY and have him vaginally.

she came back in around 9:45 and said my dr wanted her to check me. well i'm really glad she did!! on thursday at the dr i was 2cm and 50%. when she checked me i was 3cm and 90%. she said since i made progress on my own, she would break my water and see what happened. she broke my water at 10am and they started the pitocin. *WORDS OF ADVICE* make SURE you do all your potty buisness before they break your water. i was SO concerned about the thought of having a section that i didn't think to go to the bathroom. highly regretted later my friends.....highly regretted!!

so my dr came around 11 and checked me again. i was a 4 and 100%. i still hadn't felt a single contraction, but they were about 4 minutes apart and strong from what the monitor showed. my nurse told me the epi man was pretty slow on sundays, and asked if i wanted to go ahead and call him. i said sure....and to our surprise he was there in 30 minutes. i got my epi, and it was a ton easier than i expected. no pain at all.

after the epi i went to sleep until about 3pm....and woke up with pain shooting up my arm. my IV had backed up when they gave me my antibiotics but the machine didn't alert anyone. yeah....i wasn't very happy. i almost pulled it out myself. the nurse switched it to my other arm for me, and i went back to sleep for another hour. they woke me up at 4pm to check me. i was still a 4!!! they said if i didn't make progress by 6, my dr was coming back to do a c-section.

the nurse checked me at 5:45 and i was a 6. at that point maguire kind of started going nuts. his heart rate was all over the place.....ranging from 80 to 200!!!! AMAZINGLY my blood pressure was getting TOO LOW, so they gave me some meds to bring it up, and he finally got back into a normal rythm.

my dr came at 7 and checked me. i was a 9 and he said he was going home to eat dinner and he would be back in an hour to deliver me. maguire had other plans. about 7:15 i started feeling pressure. they checked me and said i was ready to start pushing...so they called my dr and told him to turn around.

i started pushing at 7:30. they called my dr into the room at 7:45. he had his white coat on...and my mom said "hey doug (they're friends) you may wanna take that coat off". he laughed and said "i dont' need to take my coat off she has a while". then i had a contraction. he threw off his coat and ran around like crazy. the next contraction, maguire was born.

his scores were 8 and 9, and he was pink, but he was pulling pretty hard to breathe. they let me hold him for about 5 minutes while the dr did all his buisness down below ( midline episiotomy). then they took him to the nursery to hang out under oxygen. he was there for about an hour and a half....about an hour under oxygen and then he had his bath.

he was 7lbs 15oz and 20inches long. his head and his chest were both 13inches around. everyone was amazed at how big he was for being 35w6d.

so i consider myself to have had an awesome labor. if i hadn't gotten my epi quite as early i think it would have gone a lot faster.....but i really liked the NO PAIN bit!! the most pain i ever felt was my IV getting backed up, and that was maybe a 6 on a scale of 1-10.

horray for epis!!!!!!

May 10th, 2006, 05:01 PM
Lynsann's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Shea! That is awesome! Besides your IV, you couldn't have asked for anything better! I'm so glad you didn't have to have a c-section. And if I haven't said it before (hee hee) Maguire is absolutely gorgeous!
May 10th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Oh Shea! That is awesome! Besides your IV, you couldn't have asked for anything better! I'm so glad you didn't have to have a c-section. And if I haven't said it before (hee hee) Maguire is absolutely gorgeous![/b]
thank ya ma'am!

May 10th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Lovely story!

And a handsome little man!
May 11th, 2006, 12:13 AM
my_boys_are_my_joy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Look at how adorable he is! Glad you had such a good birth experience!

a huge thank-you to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggy!
May 11th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
He is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations!!!
May 11th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Krysta's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!! He's adorable!

May 11th, 2006, 07:35 PM
toni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great birth. Congrats!!

May 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM
charitymerrill21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you have a very cute baby!! congrats!
May 27th, 2006, 06:31 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Popping in from the August DDC!

Congrads! He is soooo adorable!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

May 27th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Popping in from the August DDC!

Congrads! He is soooo adorable![/b]

awwww! thanks so much!

May 30th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Hart_N_Sole
Congratulations!!!
June 1st, 2006, 06:08 PM
Veteran
Sheesh, I thought I had responded to this one. Anyway, congrats!

Kyrin
<iframe src = "http://w83.photobucket.com/widgets/dynamicflash.php?featuretype=bucketstamp&featurena me=Karli&pa=/j307/Kyrinslair/Karli/" height = 405 width = 390 border='0' frameborder='0' ></iframe>

August 22nd, 2006, 01:58 AM
nafu's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a great birth experience! And he really was big for being so early. All 3 of mine were pretty much term and they were all smaller than that

August 28th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
great birth story glad all went well
my experience was pretty crazy but ended up ok

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

September 28th, 2006, 11:13 PM
rachelwilber's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rachelwilber
Hey we have stuff in common. I had Connor because of high blood pressure. My got to high and they had to take him c-section or I would have had a seizure. It was pretty scary. Also he was born 35 wks 6 days too.

Rachel

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search