Brayden Abbott Ozaeta

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 12th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Dayna1
Sunday I slipped and fell down 6 stairs, landing on my back. I'm thinking that
is what might have put me into labour.

Monday morning at 2am I started having contractions...Tello and I didn't think anything of
them because I had been contracting on and off for weeks. They started to get painful, so
I said lets go for a walk. We got up and walked around the driveway for 10 minutes, and I
Had two contractions in that time, once I had to stop because it hurt so badly. We decided
to call the L & D and tell them that we were coming in.

We arrived there at 3:35am and already the rooms (monitor rooms) were all full with women
having contractions. So we were taken to a labour room. They hooked me up to the machine
and watched me. They checked me and I was still at 2cm. I couldn't believe it!! STILL at
2cm. They watched me for another while and the doctor came in. I thought she was going
to say that she was going to let me go. She said that since I was having regular contractions
(3 minutes apart) and since they were so painful she was going to admit me and gave me
a shot of Nubain. I couldn't believe it! My baby Brayden was finally going to be born!

They hooked me up with an IV and by that stage I was pretty nervous. At 8:10am the doctor
came in and broke my water. The contractions up until that point weren't too bad...I was
able to handle them. But after my water was broken they were extremely painful. I was laying
sideways, holding onto the bed and just crying. I wasn't breathing through them, I was
holding my breath. It was horrible. They checked me and I was 3cm, 100% effaced and the
baby was fully engaged.

I asked for some pain medicine and they gave me some more Nubain which did NOTHING. I waited
a little while longer and then asked for an epidural. At 9am they came in and gave me one,
it was horrible as I was having contractions while getting it done but had to stay really,
really sill which is obviously hard.

The epidural worked wonders on my stomach but not on my back. I had a very severe pain on
the right side which they said was the baby moving down and there wasn't anything they could
do about it.

The nurse came in again a while later and checked me, and I was 4cm dialated. Tello and I
(with family and friends present) just chatted. They were going to give me Pitocin but I didn't
need it because two hours later they checked me again and I was 9cm dialated! It was almost
time to push. At least another hour went by before they checked me again and I was still
at 9cm!! I remember saying that I was going to get stuck at 9 and have to have a c section.

An hour later, I was at 10cm and ready to push! I started crying because I was really nervous,
but as throughout the entire labour...Tello was there and was being extremely supportive. Rubbing
my hands, stroking my hair, giving me water, wiping my face down...anything I needed he was there for me.

I began pushing at 5:30pm and it was so much tougher than I ever imagined it would be. Because of
the epidural I couldn't feel anything and it didn't feel like I was making any progress but the
doctor kept saying, 'just like that!', 'keep going'....etc etc. It was really tough and I was
exhausted but I kept going and going.

2 1/2 hours later Brayden finally arrived into this world...it took so long to get him out. He was
so big that he just wouldn't fit through my birth canal. I kept telling the doctor that I just
couldn't push anymore...but she kept saying you can. I couldn't. Finally she realized that
I really couldn't so she got the vacuum and tried getting him out. It took her so long, she
had to pull and pull and pull on it yet he wouldn't come out. I was pushing and pushing and
pushing and I just couldn't do it. I started crying from exhaustion, it was rough.

Sometime during the pushing stage, I was pretty sick. I kept throwing up. Tello moved the bucket away too soon so I threw up all over myself.

I didn't realize but they had nurses rushing around outside because they thought that he was
a big baby and that he most probably wasn't breathing properly since he had been in the birth
canal for so long. I'm glad I didn't know that.

At 8:03pm Brayden made his appearance into this world, weighing a whopping 9lbs, 4.7oz and 20 1/2
inches long. HUGE. They put him on my stomach for about 20 seconds and then rushed forward,
snatched him up and rushed him off. He wasn't breathing on his own properly...I was crying, I had
no idea what was going on. They rushed him off to the nursery and I didn't get to see him
for 3 hours...I was terrified. I wanted to go with him, but I couldn't as I couldn't feel my
legs. But he was fine...thank god.

I had to be cut and I also ripped...3rd degree. Very painful but very much worth it. I knew that she was cutting me because I saw Tello look away really quickly. I tore the rest of the way as well, so I'm grateful I didn't feel anything. I have a ton of stitches, not sure of the exact number, but she used two long strands, and it took her quite a while to stitch me up.

May 12th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Dawminatrix's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dawminatrix Send a message via MSN to Dawminatrix Send a message via Yahoo to Dawminatrix
what a beautiful new family!!!!

I'm so proud of you Dayna!! you did it!!!! and look at that precious lil man you have now!!!!

May 12th, 2006, 01:28 PM
toni's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You guys look so happy. Congrats!

May 12th, 2006, 02:02 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
congrats dayna, i am so happy for you guys.
you've always been so caring and nice to me when I'd post, and I wanted to tell you that it means a lot to me, and I am just sooo so happy for you and tello. brayden is beautiful! GREAT job, he's a full pound bigger than my largest baby, so really, GO you!! i'm glad they admitted you and didn't send you home again!
hope you are all adjusting well, falling in love, and getting as much rest as can be expected. i look forward to seeing and hearing about baby brayden as he grows. hugs for you and babe!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

May 12th, 2006, 02:18 PM
baby1577's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
you did such a great job. you and tello both. i'm so glad you finally have your gorgeous baby boy. SO worth the wait! just look at him!! BEAUTIFUL!! still praying for a good recovery....and....that the meds we discussed work!! LOL!

May 12th, 2006, 04:14 PM
angeleyes0717's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to angeleyes0717
You guys look so great together Hopefully you heal quickly. I wish you the best. Look at that baby boy. I wanna eat his cheeks up too...precious...

May 12th, 2006, 07:56 PM
my_boys_are_my_joy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! You guys make a picture-perfect family!!! And he is adorable!

a huge thank-you to Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my gorgeous siggy!
May 13th, 2006, 04:27 PM
mama2jacob&charlotte's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mama2jacob&charlotte
Ooh, Dayna, congrats! I also pushed for 2.5 hours so I feel your pain, girl! He is soooo incredibly beautiful. Good job, Mama.

Thanks to JaidynsMum for my awesome siggy!
May 13th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Mommy4x4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy4x4
Oh my gosh - that hurts just reading about it! 2.5 hours of pushing?!?! I would have just said screw that! LOL I'm so happy for you! Congrats!

My family is going an entire YEAR in 2011 without fast food. Join us on our journey at our blog or on the Facebook fan page for The 365-Day Challenge!!!

May 13th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Hart_N_Sole
Congratulations Dayna!
May 14th, 2006, 03:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Welcome Big boy Brayden =)
May 14th, 2006, 12:39 PM
ManInTheMoon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I waited
a little while longer and then asked for an epidural. At 9am they came in and gave me one,
it was horrible as I was having contractions while getting it done but had to stay really,
really sill which is obviously hard.[/b]
I hear ya! I was puking with my 1st when they were trying to give me my epi. Two nurses had to hold me still. Glad it gave you a little relief anyway.

Congratulations on your big, beautiful boy! You know, you and Tello actually kinda look alike. I'll bet it'll be hard to tell who your son takes after -- he'll look like both of you!

Thanks for sharing your story! I'm so happy for you!

May 15th, 2006, 01:31 PM
charitymerrill21's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congrats Dayna!! he is so handsome!!!
September 22nd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I thought I would read your birth story. Wow it sounds like it was long. Atleast you did not have to get a c-section and now you have a nice healthy baby boy. Brayden is so cute Dayna.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

September 22nd, 2006, 04:07 PM
Dayna1
Quote:
I thought I would read your birth story. Wow it sounds like it was long. Atleast you did not have to get a c-section and now you have a nice healthy baby boy. Brayden is so cute Dayna.[/b]
Thank you

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search