Carter Alan

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 18th, 2006, 04:10 PM
Jenners
I was scheduled for induction on Thursday, May 11th at 4:30 a.m. I was a week past my due date and still not ready to have him. I didnít sleep at all that night even though I tried for hours. I have never been so nervous or scared in my whole life! We got to the hospital and they started the pitocin around 5:00. I was feeling contractions but they werenít too bad. The nurses kept saying to get the epidural asap but I wasnít even feeling bad yet so I waited. I was at 3cm when we got to the hospital.

They kept upping the pitocin until 8:00 a.m. when my Dr. got there to break my water. OMG if I had to list the single most painful thing Iíve ever experienced, it would be getting my water broken. It WOULD NOT BREAK. I was squirming around on the table and she just kept poking me so hard and saying ďim sorry it wonít break.Ē Well finally it broke and I felt like 50 gallons of warm stuff come out of me. I was in tears after she broke my water. My husband said she pulled out this huge stick that had blood all over it and he was practically in tears for me.

At 8:30 I decided to have the epidural. I was having the most horrendous contractions ever and I felt like I was going to poop everywhere. The epidural guy came in a few minutes and at this point I felt like I just wanted to die. It didnít matter that I have the biggest fear of needles and that I canít even have my finger pricked without crying. The Dr. was so nice and made me feel as comfortable as possible. The epidural was definitely not as bad as I had expected. I just leaned on Tyler and prayed it would be over soon. My mom walked in right as I was getting the epidural and she just had this look of shock on her face. I immediately felt better and layed back down for a few hours while my family members came in and out. I was feeling pretty good except I felt like I had to poop so bad.

They checked me around 10:00 am and I was about a 5-6. Around 11:00 a.m. they checked me again and I was at a 9 already! The nurse said I was going to have a baby very soon. I was so shocked because I just knew I was going to have the worldís longest labor. My dr. came in about 11:45 a.m and told me to start pushing. Well I guess I wasnít doing it right because I couldnít feel ANYTHING and they were saying I had to push a lot harder if I was going to have a baby. They ended up having the epidural guy come in and turn it down because I couldnít even move my legs to put them in the stirrups. I had like 3 nurses trying to get me into the birthing position. After they turned it down I started feeling tons of pressure but I guess I needed to so I could know when to push. The contractions were so close together I felt like I just pushed for a solid hour. I couldnít breathe so they gave me oxygen. I thought I was going to pass out because I could never get any breaths between pushes.

Tyler said he wasnít going to watch and had his back turned to begin with, but he ended up watching and being so very helpful. They could see his head and he was almost out. I got really determined and tried to just forget about the pain and get him out. He was getting really close and it was getting SO painful. I started bawling and wasnít even pushing right anymore. I wanted to give up! But after only an hour of pushing, out came Carter! I was so shocked! Tyler cut the cord and the nurses were telling me how amazing I did, especially for a first labor. I really thought it was only beginning and I looked down and he was laying on my stomach. I canít even describe the moment. Tyler and I both cried and it was just wonderful.

They took him and cleaned him up and when I heard his weight I just started laughing. 8 lbs 15 oz. and 20 ĺ inches long. A big guy just like I had thought. They stitched me up and it hurt pretty bad.. they said I had only a small tear but it sure feels a lot worse. These last few days of recovery have almost been worse than the birth. Iím lucky I only tore a little bit with the size he was.

I just canít believe it is all over and he is here. I look at him and it doesnít seem real that I brought him into this world. I never thought I was strong enough. I love him so much. Tyler is doing a wonderful job as a dad. He is so careful with him and even more overprotective than me. Carter has made our relationship so much stronger. Iím so happy that he is healthy and everything turned out okay. It makes all the pain and suffering so worth it.
May 19th, 2006, 12:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Sounds like a great labor... not much pushing for such a big boy.

Welcome Carter =) Can't wait to see the pics!
May 19th, 2006, 03:55 PM
PrettyInPink#2
Congratulations! Sounds like a great birth!
May 20th, 2006, 01:31 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I wouldn't sleep for the whole week before, if I ever knew exactly when my baby was coming.
I'm glad Tyler was able to stay while you got the epidural (and that you overcame the fear of needles!!! nothing matters at ALL, when you're in that kind of pain!), a lot of hospitals won't let you-- actually this is about the first time I've heard of this. lucky you! also VERY lucky for only a tiny tear! i'm jealous, I had huge episiotomies and multiple tears with mine, and they were both smaller! Sounds like a very good birth!
congratulations!!!!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

May 20th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Dayna1
Congratulations Mama! I just love the photos of him too, he's just adorable with his big eyes. I think he looks like his Daddy. I bet you were so nervous and scared the night before!!!
September 25th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I bet you were really nervous. It sounds like you had a good birth. Carter is one cute big baby. Congrats and sorry it is late.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search