Vladimir Vincent May 15, 2006

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2006, 03:38 PM
JennSTX's Avatar Super Mommy
Well here is Vlad's birth story (finally).

6am checked into Birth Center for induction at 39 weeks. I had borderline GD and so because of macrosomia (big baby) worries I got induced. Started me on Pitocin and stripped my membranes. (That hurt like heck BTW). My birthplan was for a natural delivery (albeit with pitocin at first and then she'd take me off to see if I could progress naturally), walking, showers, etc.

6:30am. Blood Pressure up and they found protein in my urine. Birth Plan trashed. Immediately taken to L&D and put on Magnesium Sulfate, upped the Pitocin drip, put in a Foley catheter (no walking, showers, etc.).

6:30 - 2:00 p.m. Pitocin contractions were hellish but I did it fine. At 12:00 they broke my water which didn't hurt, actually made the contractions feel better with the warm water flowing every time I had one. When the water finally was gone though, it was horrendous. Dr. decided to see how hard contractions were and put in internal monitor. So now I had a catheter and another thing.

4:00 p.m. Dr. came in and I was only at 3-4 cnt. I could have died as I was on the maximum dose of Pitocin and the contractions were registering full transition strength with less than a minute break. To "help" dr. would when I contracted put her hand inside and manually try and stretch the cervix back with her thumb. I thought I would die. Dr. then added ANOTHER internal monitor for the baby so now I had 3 things inside me.

9:00 p.m. After 5 hrs of being in basically transition I begged for epidural. Two young anesthesiologists came in. It didn't take. I felt partial relief in the right side but was still able to feel my legs and contractions and dr pushing cervix back.

9:40 p.m. Anes. tried to redo epidural by repositioning line in spine but no dice. I kept on plugging away.

10:45 p.m. Dr. checked again, while pushing back cervix, and said that I was only at 6 or 7. I then asked for the anes. to try the epidural again. This time hubby held me on side of bed and once contraction stopped anes. would try again. They were very young ang hubby was getting mad.

11:15 p.m. Anes. couldn't get it to work and contractions had turned into pushes. Dr's & RN's kept yeiing for me to stop pushing but I tried to tell them it wasn't mebut my body. Dr told anes. to pull everything out so she could check. They flipped me on my back and head was in canal(I'd been sitting on his head) and everything went haywire - room filled up with people, I pushed three times, then I yelled as dr. cut episiotomy (Vlad's heartrate had dropped on she had to do it). Then Boom.....

11:35 p.m Vlad was finally here. When DH saw his head he started laughing. I yelled "Why the %^% are you laughing?!" DH said "Because you'll finally be out of this pain." (OH, I said)

11:36 p.m. DH cut cord and I fell in love and yes, it was all totally worth it.

WE MADE IT TWO YEARS AND & 3 MONTHS BF'ing....he's weaning now!!!

June 14th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
What an unexpected journey for you! Seems like there were turns all the way around! Glad everything turned out and you have your healthy baby boy!
June 15th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Dayna1
Ok OUCH! Sorry you had so much trouble with the epi.

Congratulations! He is one good looking little boy
September 25th, 2006, 07:46 AM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Reading these stories really brings back memories. All that pain but SO worth it in the end. Us women must be crazy!! Vlad is adorable!

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search