Amara 05/15/2006 8:53 pm

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I had my baby girl Amara Jade Willis on May 15 at 8:53 pm. She was 7lbs 13.6oz and 21 inches long. I had a weird labor experience. My water broke at 8:30 pm the night before but just a little. I had no contractions until 6:00 am and they were not regular. I went to my doctor at 8:45 am and my doctor told me that my water did break and told me to go to the hospital. I got to the hospital at 11:00 am, my contractions were becoming more regular and more intense but not bad. They took me to my room and when I was all settled in they brought a girl in who was having her baby and kicked me out of my room. I was sent to the waiting room. About ten minutes later I was taken to my new room, but told I might have to be moved again. I did not have to move any more luckily. Since it had been so long since my water had broke they started pitocin at 2:00 pm. I wanted to try to go with no medicine. I had been preparing myself for a few months. I was going to use the tub and also try many different positions and try to not lie down until time to push, but since they induced me they would not let me out of my bed I could not even sit up. This made me very mad. So I went to the bathroom alot, they could not stop me from doing that. I would just go in there and squat, it felt so much better. My contractions ended up being less then a minute apart I could not even breath between them so because of this, my back labor and not being able to move around I had to get 2 shots of stadal, but alls this did put me to sleep for 30 seconds inbetween contractions at least I could catch my breath I guess. At 2:00 I dilated a 1 at 5:00 I was a 2 they checked me around 7:30 and I was still a 2 then I went from a 2 to an 8 in less then an hour and I pushed her out in 29 minutes. It was a very cool experience. I loved it. I just wish I could have done things my way.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

August 10th, 2006, 04:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mommyand3
I hate Pitocin for the exact reason you posted! It bed limits you!!! Sounds like it was a long ordeal!! She is a beauty though! Congrats!
August 13th, 2006, 06:59 PM
Dayna1
Congratulations on your beautiful little girl!!! I've heard the pitocin is horrid, I'm glad I didn't have to have it. Great to read your birth story.
September 25th, 2006, 07:36 AM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry things didn't go the way you had wanted them. But in the end you got your beautiful baby girl and that's what really matters!!

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
September 25th, 2006, 04:55 PM
thanks

May 22nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
I just re-read over my story. Wow, I remember that day so well. I miss it. I miss my little baby.

But, I have a beautiful little toddler now.

May 25th, 2007, 10:51 AM
Brittainy412's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Maybe next time shoot for an at home birth? Even still it brought your baby girl, w hich makes it perfect.
Member of the May 2006 Playroom</span></div></div><div align="center">Wanting to Concieve, but Waiting to Try</div><div align="center">Don't like the Police? Next time you are in trouble...Call a crack head!</div><div align="center">A Very Warm THANK YOU to Fingerscrossed for this beautiful signature graphic.</div><div align="center"><div align='center'></div></div>
May 25th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Maybe next time shoot for an at home birth? Even still it brought your baby girl, w hich makes it perfect.[/b]

that is deffinately the plan I would have loved to have done it this time, but I was scared since she was my first

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search