Jonah Scott

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 15th, 2006, 05:06 PM
TheBoyMaker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Birth of Jonah Scott

Saturday night, September 9th 2006. I knew for some reason on this night things were happening. call it intuition or call it a good guess , something just made me feel things really were going to happen.
Ken, Jaden and I spent most the day and evening at my mom's house. We were enjoying the bonfire she had going in her back yard and the company from her neighbor and my grandparents. I was achey then and pretty much just put the blame on sitting too long. We decided to head for home about 9pm. I was just too achey. We get home and I noticed the cramps and achiness I was feeling wasn't from sitting in the hard metal chairs after all. They were really cramps....early labor cramps. And I just knew it! Especially after I started having bloody show that wasn't going away.
The cramps were bareable and felt just like a dull menstrual cramp. So I decided to lay around and try and get some sleep as I knew I would have to labor and work to get this baby out.
I woke at 2:30am with the same amount of cramping but the bleeding seemed to be brighter red. Since I never experienced bleeding in late pregnancy I freaked and wanted to be checked to make sure the baby was doing fine.
We get to labor and delivery only to be examined by my doctor and told I went from 1 to 2cm dialted and still only 75% effaced. My contractions had the same pattern they have been having so he said all looks good and I could either walk around there, then be rechecked or go rest at home. I opted to go home. I just felt really achey and bad laying in the hospital bed.
We get home and the cramps have now turned into extremely sharp and painful contractions. I have never felt anything like it before in my life. The pain was unreal! It was as if my insides were being cut open. I was trying to sleep and I kept telling Ken, dh, that this is weird...if these are normal false labor contractions I am deadly scared of the real ones! I kept saying I dont understand how these arent real!
I kept dozing in and out of sleep waking only when a contraction would start. Finally I cried out in so much pain for Ken to help me. What he was supposed to do I don't know. I asked him to rub my back. That really didnt help. The pressure from the contractions were so strong and unbelievably painful!
Ken told me to call the doctor back but I didnt want to. I was just there and he said it was false. So I felt stupid calling back. The idiot I am!
Finally after crying and pacing the house in pain Ken lifted the phone and called my doctor again. This was now about 5 or 6 am. The doctor asked to speak with me. I explained what was happening in which he replied that if I am in that much pain to just come back and we will see if I have changed any. If I havent we will just do the csection. At the mention of another csection fear raised through my veins...followed by an extremely intense contraction. Pain out won fear so I said ok...I will be there.
I called my mother to meet us at the hospital so Jaden would have someone to sit with.
The drive to the hospital was horrible!! We live 30 minutes from the hospital. It was soooo painful sitting in the car. Not being able to stand which was the only thing that lessened some of the pain.
We arrive at the hospital and I am yelling in the parking lot for Ken to hurry up. The poor guy was trying to get our sleeping prince out of his car seat while I was gripping the side of the car and moaning. I then felt I didnt give 2 cents if I did have to have a csection. Just get the baby out! I couldnt handle the pain anymore.
Ken asked if I wanted a wheel chair and I said no. I would walk. Walking felt better plus for some reason I figured I would get there faster by walking.
We get up to L & D, my doctor checks me and says I am now 3cm and still 75% effaced...the baby is still a -3 station. The exam hurt soooooo bad!!
He then said I was definately a lady in labor and we had to get an IV in and then he could get me some pain relief....he recommended an epidural and said that way if I dont change anymore we can just go with the csection. I agreed and away he went getting things done.
I never had a doctor numb my hand before he inserted an IV before him.
My mom then walks in and sits down next to the window. Jaden was still sound asleep in the reclining chair. I am shocked that he was asleep since I was moaning and blowing so hard during the contractions.
Finally the epidural was put in after a couple attempts...seems my spine has narrow spaces, making it hard to insert the epi.
I was so set on a natural birth...however, I have to say...there is no way on God's green earth I could handle that much pain! Especially being only 3 cm dialated!
Instant relief...I could talk, sleep, do whatever I wanted to as long as I stayed in bed.
After an hour my doc checked me again. This was the test...lets see if there were any changes...if so we continue on as we are. If not, he would most likely do a csection.
I was now 4cm dilated, 75% effaced, -3 station. Least I was making some changes.
After two hours I went to a 6cm dilation. Then another couple hours and I w as 9cm dilated. It took 12 hours of labor to reach the pushing stage.
My doc said in another hour I would be reay to push. He stretched my cervix over the head of the baby. Talk about PAIN!
A few minutes later and I felt the need to push but didnt want to say so just then. I wanted to see if my body would do it on its own.
Finally I cant take the feeling anymore and felt like I needed to go number 2 really really bad!!!
My body naturally began to push and then I told the nurse. She contacted the doctor and he came in, checked me again and said it was time. His hand barely went in when he bumped up against the head of the baby.
20 minutes of pushing and out popped Jonah! He had the cord wrapped around his neck but it was ok. His apgars were 9/9.
It was such an easy labor and delivery thanks to the epidural! I have been on cloud 9 with experiencing this VBAC! I am so thrilled and excited about it! I did it!! I labored and gave birth to my beautiful baby boy.
He weighed in at 6lbs 15.9 oz which they just say 7lbs. His length really is 19 1/2 inches long, however, they recorded his birth height to be 18 inches long. I just dont agree with that.
Anyways, we have had a rough bumpy start and are truing to make up for lost time.

ETA: Pictures

J-Bird 🐦December 16, 2001
Monkey🐒 September 10, 2006
Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
Turtle 🐢December 26, 2013

September 15th, 2006, 06:08 PM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you got your VBAC! Congrats on your little man! He is adorable!
September 15th, 2006, 08:09 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the succesful VBAC! That is awesome that you were able to acheive it.

And congrats on your little boy!!

The blinky is clickable!!
September 15th, 2006, 09:19 PM
LadyTkachenko's Avatar *~GreenTeamFeb2015~*
Congratulations on your VBAC!!! Your little boy looks wonderful!

September 16th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Joanna1127's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Joanna1127
Congrats! He's such a cutie!
September 16th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
hey, I was just reading the story and looking for pictures hehe (dwellin on that fact my DD is almost one!) I just wanted to say CONGRATS!!! AND I LOVE your siggy lol. It made me laugh out loud. too cute!!!
September 16th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations! What a cutie!

September 19th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to puboochu99
Congrats on your VBAC!!! He's adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search