Todd Eli

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2006, 10:05 AM
**Cynthia**'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to **Cynthia**
I had my 37 week checkup on Friday the 8th. At this time I was told that I was 4 1/2 cm dilated and that my bag of water was bulging. The doctor (not my regular ob) said she'd be surprised if I made it another week but decided to schedule me for an induction with my regular ob on Friday the 15th, given my history of fast labors. I was so upset about having to be induced, wanting to let my body progress on its own. I was hoping so badly that I would go in labor before the weekend ended.

On Sunday at exactly 4:00 pm, after I had pretty much given up hope, I was loading dishes in the dishwasher and felt a gush of fluid. I thought, "no way". So I stood there for a second and didn't feel any more. As soon as I leaned over to put a plate in the washer, I felt another gush. Standing there in my t-shirt and undies, I just pulled down to take a peek and I was soaked. Jarrod was sleeping because he had worked the night shift before. I had to knock on the door because he had it locked and tell him to get up 3 times. As soon as he opened the door, he said "its time". He said he could tell by how white I was... . So immediately we called everyone and told them go get here. I wasn't even having contractions which was so wierd because as soon as my water broke with Taylor my contractions were 3 minutes apart. I packed my bag and got my self fixed up a bit. Jarrods parents arrived about an hour later and we left for the hospital.

Once we arrived at the hospital I was asked 4 times if I was sure my water broke. Of course I knew it had because I had soaked 3 pads in the past hour. They decided to trust me and admitted me as an inpatient. I was taken to my room, checked to see if my membranes had ruptured, they had, and was checked for dilation. I was at a 4 1/2 still. At 6:30, after an hour of laying around with no contractions the doctor ordered pitocin. (He was at home and I was his only patient, he wanted to speed this up). The nurse asked if I wanted an epidural and after a little persuading on their part, I agreed. She decided to hang the pitocin on the lowest dosage possible and to had my epidural in place before the contractions started. WAY AGAINST DR ORDERS!!!! I had only a few small contractions and by 7:15 my epidural was in place. As soon as the epidural was in place, she turned my pitocin up a moderate amount. By 8:30 I was at a 6 and wasn't even feeling the contractions....at all!!! The doctor came in at 9:30 and checked me, I was at an 8 and still hadn't felt any contractions, just small amounts of pressure. He decided to crank the pitocin up. I still wasn't feeling anything, just could fell my stomach tighten up a big. At 10:45, the doctor came in again and said it was time to push. I had just began to feel pressure in my bum so I knew he was right. The nurse told me he was watching my monitor from the nurses station and my contractions were right on top of each other. Still wasn't feeling anything. They made everyone leave the room except my husband, grandma and my best friend who I chose to be present for the birth. He checked me and sure enough I was fully dilated. He had me put my legs up and told me to push on my next contraction to see how strong my pushes were going to be. I couldn't feel it so he had to tell me when I had one. I started to push and he said stop...stop...stop. Scared me to death! He turned to the nurse and said get the stirrups, this is going to be a one pusher!! They put me up in the stirrups, I asked them to tell me when I had a contraction and as soon as the doctor said I was, I pushed and he was out in one push. I never felt any pain! I did not tear and required no stitches at all. The doctor told my husband it was one of the easiest births he had ever had.

Todd's apgar scores were 8/9 and he is perfect in everyway!!! He weighed 6 lbs 3.4 ounces and was 20 1/4 inches long. Here is his hospital photo... http://www.sbrmc.com/html_storkcompa...p3?babyid=6528 I have quite a few pictures on the photobucket website at http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f235/cynthiamelina/ .

Devoted wife to Jarrod Todd
Loving mom to Wesley Ryan, Taylor Mai and Todd Eli
I'm a RN now 12-14-07!!!

September 16th, 2006, 03:50 PM
TheBoyMaker's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats! Todd is sooooo adorable!
Mom of...

J-Bird 🐦December 16, 2001
Monkey🐒 September 10, 2006
Roo 🐾October 7, 2008
Turtle 🐢December 26, 2013

September 16th, 2006, 05:03 PM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!! Sounds like a pretty good experience! He is so handsome!
RIP Grammie (06/24/35 - 07/25/06) and Grampie (08/18/26 - 07/26/06). I love you both and I miss you so much...
September 16th, 2006, 06:39 PM
Joanna1127's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Joanna1127
Congrats on your little guy! What a fabulous labor/delivery you had! I could only hope mine goes that way.
September 16th, 2006, 10:45 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You had an amamzing deliivery! Congrats again!

The blinky is clickable!!
September 18th, 2006, 08:01 AM
mama2noah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
popping in from oct ddc, your little guy is so adorable! and you birth story was amazing! i can only hope to be that lucky! your epi worked, you felt nothing, and he was out in 1 push! wow!

September 19th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to puboochu99
Congrats on a great birth!!!
<div align="center"></div>
<div align="center"></div>
September 19th, 2006, 03:22 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
A one-pusher!!!

Congrats on a great birth and heartiest welcome to little Todd!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search