Jared Matthew born 9/16

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 16th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
Jared Matthew was born 9/16 at 2:44am, 6lbs 3ozs and 19 inches long!
He is just adorable! I will update this post with pictures when I get home, hopefully on Monday!

I was hoping for a boring birth story but of course that couldn't be! Long and detailed since this is what I wrote for his journal.... (I guess I should add that this c-section was not a like my first one, which other than it being an emergency went perfectly without problems. I don't want anyone freaking out when they read this post.)

On 9/15 around 10pm, I called the nurse because I started bleeding again. It was a medium bleed, more than two of my bleeds but much lighter than the one that got me admitted into the hospital. The nurse called the Dr to let him know of the bleeding. He wanted me transferred to L&D. I called hubby to get to the hospital quick since it seemed Jared was wanting to do this early.
Once in L&D I was set up with an IV to quickly hydrate me and a heplock just incase I was bleeding to much during the c-section and needed a transfusion. About 30 mins after hubby got to the room they wheeled me off to the OR to set me up with the spinal. The anesthesiologist doing the spinal wasn't having any luck and called in another one to give it a try. I tried the position of leaning forward with my feet dangling off the bed and trying to curl my back. Since that position didn't work for either of them, I tried laying on my left side on the operating table and curling my back. That was very uncomfortable since my bladder filled so quickly that each time I tucked my knees up I was having a hard time holding it and trying not to move. After warning them twice that I was just going to pee on the table, they stopped and hooked up the catheter. Finally I felt relieved but was told to try another position. Get on my knees and have my elbows on the table tucked to my knees and arch my back like a hissing cat. My response was that I didn't have a tail but did my catheter count? After being back in the OR for over an hour and a half they finally got the epidural in and was numbing me up. It took awhile... When the did the cold test all over my stomach I didn't feel anything until they poured some sterile solution between my legs and I could feel it was cold. They tried clamping my skin and I could still feel everything a little from my belly button down. The Dr said after a few minutes that they were going to knock me out instead. I just started bawling at that point and they tried to put the oxygen mask on me but I was feeling suffocated and kept trying to remove it. Finally they stopped trying to put it on me and let me take deep breaths on my own. After that, the next thing I know the Dr is asking them to send for hubby right away. He tried clamping again and I wasn't feeling it anymore and started operating. When hubby got there I was freaking out because I wasn't feeling any pain but a shooting sensation down in my cervix/vagina area. It was happening more and more as they pushed and applied pressure trying to get Jared out. Finally I remember hearing the Dr talking to hubby, telling him they were going to give me a drug that would cause me to not remember much since they were already so far along they didn't want me to remember any kind of pain. Within seconds I was fading out and can only recall towards the end when hubby was holding Jared next to me and Jared was crying so much but it was wonderful. After hubby left, I kept repeating questions because I couldn't remember them answering me since I was so out of it until I was in recovery. I wanted to know what time he was born, if he was breathing on his own, did my husband take him to the room or was he going to the NICU. After the c-section was done I was wheeled back to my room to recover. Hubby showed up about 20mins later. Jared was doing great, his apgar at birth was 7 and 5 minutes later is was 9. He was taken to the nursery to have his blood sugar tested (it was great... 70)and would be fed there since I had to many drugs to try to breast feeding immediately. The nurse informed me that my bleeding during the surgery was normal and that was great news since that was a risk. They kept Jared in the nursery since it was around 3:30am before I got to my room and they knew I needed to rest. We finally got him around 11am, after we both rested up some.
The great news is that nursing is going great! I didn't have any luck with my daughter since it was painful for me but Jared has been latching great and feeding for 30 minutes each time.
Pediatrician checked him out this morning and said he is doing great and most likely will be discharged with me when I get out.

September 16th, 2006, 09:37 PM
*Leslie*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Leslie* Send a message via Yahoo to *Leslie*
I'm sorry that things didn't go quite as planned.... but I'm happy your baby boy is healthy~ Congrats~~!!

<3 August 1st, 2013
<3 November 21st, 2013
<3 September 30th, 2014

September 16th, 2006, 10:57 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
congrats!!! it must be so nice tofinally get to hold the lil guy!! i can't wait to see pics!!

September 16th, 2006, 11:09 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

September 16th, 2006, 11:51 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
I am soooo happy for you....congratulations on the little guy!!!!!!

September 17th, 2006, 12:14 AM
Super Mommy
congratulations on your healthy baby boy!!!

September 17th, 2006, 06:33 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Starzy Send a message via MSN to Starzy
OOOHHH!! CONGRATS! It must feel amazing to finally hold your little guy!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 17th, 2006, 09:02 AM
KarenD's Avatar Super Mommy
Congrats!!! Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy!

Thing 2 - May 2008
September 17th, 2006, 09:04 AM
~JustAngie~'s Avatar ~Let your colors burst~
Awe!! Sorry you didn't get the birth story you wanted but at least you get to hold your little guy!! Glad he is healthy!!!!!! Can't wait to see pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 17th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations!!!

September 17th, 2006, 09:43 AM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awwwww, congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the name Jared! Rest up and I can't wait to see pics!
September 17th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Veteran
A huge Congrats to you......You must be so happy!

-Yolie

September 17th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hurray for jared matthew!!! yahoo! i'm so excited for you. i always figured that an exciting delivery is better then a typical lame one...so i like your story. i'm glad everything turned out great and jared will likely come home with you. SO glad that hes latching good...from what i hear, that can be HORRIBLE if they dont. good luck with him, and be sure to update us soon eh!?
September 17th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Can't wait to see pics! Congrats on baby Jared!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
September 17th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh congrats sweetie! I know that things went differently than you had hoped, but it must be awesome to finally have little Jared in your arms!

<div align="center">Our Family is Complete!!</span>
Jade Mackenzie 5
Hunter Riley 3
<span style="color:#FF99FF">Piper Allyson 14 weeks!
</div>
September 17th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CONGRATA!!!!!!

September 17th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Baby Jared!!!

September 17th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome Jared!!!!!!!! Can hardly wait to see pics!!!!!!!!!!

Vikki, Earthy Mama to 4 great kids.

September 17th, 2006, 05:31 PM
mama2noah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
well i guess he couldn't wait until your when you supposed to go in. he just wanted to get things started early! i am glad you are both healthy! can't wait to see pics of jared!

September 17th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
congratulations on the arrival of your little man!!!! can't wait to see pics!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search