Hailey Paige

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2006, 07:28 PM
~Coley125~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to ~Coley125~
Ok, I figured it was about time I get around to posting the birth story before I forget the details!

We were having a planned induction, so we went into the hospital at 730am thursday morning Sept 14th. We had to wait a while so they could get all our info into the system and were taken back to our labor/delivery room at about 745. I then got to go potty and change into the lovely hospital gown...which of course did not close in back so everyone got to see a lovely site anytime I walked anywhere They then started to get things ready for my IV. I had two nurses attending to me...one had been on the postpartum wing for 8 years, but was new to labor and delivery, and the other had been doing l&d for about a year and a half. They were both super super nice. It did take them about five tries to get the iv in though, they had to call in the charge nurse to do it so that was fun.

Once they got the IV in place they started me on fluids and on petocin (this was about 845am at this point) My dr got there at 9am to break my water which was very unpleasent since everytime I had a contraction I got a gush of fluid and felt like I had wet myself!!! At this point we were then just hanging out waiting for the contractions to pick up, which they did very quickly. At 10 am I told the nurses that I wanted to get my epidural at 11 (I'm a bit of a planner) so at 1030 they started pumping a ton of fluid into me via IV...they said it was to prevent bp from dropping once the epidural was in place. They fluids were going in so fast that I was literally freezing!!! I was so cold, they probably put like 3-4 extra blankets on me and I was still cold. The anesthisiologist showed up at 11 on the dot to do my epi...it took alot longer to get in place then I remember from last time, but well worth it. It took effect within about 5-10 minutes and worked great. I was actually cracking up because everytime the nurses came into reposition me I was trying to help them, cause I didn't realize I was as numb as I was, but of course I couldn't move, so I think I was doing more harm then good!

After the epidural I guess my bp dropped drastically, so they had to give me meds through the IV a couple times and a shot in the leg at one point. I guess it dropped clear down to like 79/20 or 30 something, I'm not quite sure they wouldn't tell me exactly I think they didn't want me getting worried. But apperently the meds kicked in and it went back up. They baby's heart beat would also drop considerably anytime I was on my back, so they had to keep me on a tilt at all times.

By about 1 o'clock I was starting to feel a lot of pressure, and my nurses said they were going on lunch, so I told them I thought I could hold out long enough for them to eat Of course this ended up not being true and I beeped them about 15 minutes later. They checked me and I was at a 9.5 so she waited about 2 more contractions and we were there. We did 2 practice pushes while waiting for the dr and once the dr got there it was about 2-3 more pushes and at 158 pm she made her big entrance. 9.5 pounds and 22 inches long!!!!! I was amazed at how fast she actually came out. They said I pushed for 13 minutes..but we skipped a couple contractions in that time frame while they were finishing getting ready.

Unfortunelty since she came out so fast she didn't get all the fluid out of her lungs so after about an hour they took her to the special care nursery to monitor her O2 stats. She was breathing on her own, but kinda weezy and having trouble with the transition. They kept her in the nursery till just before 7 pm when they finally brought her back to me, and she has been great ever since.

Thanks for reading!
September 20th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Joanna1127's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Joanna1127
sounds like an overall great experience! Congrats on your baby girl!
September 20th, 2006, 09:56 PM
lovemyfamily0799's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little girl. That is weird about the low bllod pressure, but I'm glad everything worked out.

The blinky is clickable!!
September 21st, 2006, 04:02 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your little girl! Sounds like you had good experience!
September 26th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to puboochu99
Congrats on your new baby girl!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search