**~Gavin Christopher 9/19/06~**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 27th, 2006, 11:52 AM
gavinsmommy9-19-06's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here it goes sorry it took so long finally getting some sleep!

Monday 9/18- U/S, NST (non stress test) &appt with Dr Farrell. was fully expecting him to schedule a c section for tuesday of friday because the week before Gavin turned breech and amniotic fluid was getting lower. Had the u/s and he was back to being head down but fluid was even lower (4.6 cm). Dr Farrell came in check me was 1-2 cm dialated and 70% effaced and basically said upstairs you go to L&D to be induced! Called Chris and I really think he thought I was joking but OH NO! Around 4:30 the started me on pitocin they kept checking me and no progression. From about midnight til 4:30 am the contractions were right on top of eachother. I asked for pain meds and they gave me phentenol (sp?) in my IV. OH YEAH the whole IV situation I was hooked up to 2 different poles of IV's one for fluids & pitocin and the other for insulin on top of being hooked up to the contractions monitor and baby heartbeat monitor. So every hour when I had to pee I had to call in a nurse to unhook the monitors and wheel one of the IVs the potty for me! HATED THAT! The pain med lasted all of about 10 freakin minutes. They then decided to turn off pitocin so that I could rest for a while since I had been up since 5:30 monday morning.

Tuesday 9/19- DIDNT SLEEP AT ALL! Chris slept onthe pull out and was a tad cranky when he got up so I sent him home to take a shower and relax before tey started the pitocin up again. That was at about 10:30-11:00. Oh at about 2:30 they started to get uncomfortable but not too bad! by 4:30 HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! I who said I would never lewt them put a needle in back was BEGGING for the epidural. I had dialated to 4cm and was 100% effaced. Gavins heart rate was doing some funky things so they wanted to watch that for a little while before giving me the epidural. I was put on an oxygen mask and they turned the pitocin down. That stablized his heart. So my new best friend the world the epidural lady came in around 6:30! I cant even begin to tell yo how much better I felt after having it it was the best pain relief! So they upped the pitocin again because the contrations slowed again ( hahaha but I couldnt feel them). When they upped it his heart rate went funky again. They checked me once more and I went to 6cm but he was starting to get a cone head from trying to puch out on its own but the cervix not cooperating! So Dr Nicholson came in and said it was for the best we do a c/s. Which hey I was prepared for anyway it just ment we didnt have to wait around forever for my body to start to cooperate we knew wed have him a matter of an hour! So at 8:00 pm they wheeled me away for my FIRST surgery ever! I was shaking like a leaf from the epidural and OH BOY did I itch from it! ANd at 8:28 our little "BOSS" (as daddy calls him) was born & Daddy watch the whole thing. He said he didnt want to be in the room if they had to cut me he wouldnt be able to see it but he couldnt help but watch! He said it was like "a gopher poking his head up out of it's hole". He was a whailing from the second they poked his head out. He wailed the entire time they cleaned him up. It wasnt until she wrapped him and held him that he stopped. Chris went to the nursery with him and played the protective Daddy role. I fell asleep while they were closing me up I was sooo exhausted. I sat in recovery for 45 minutes. Then I got wheeled to my room and Chris, my mom and my mother in law and I all waited for Gavin to arrive in the room. It was about 11:15pm when they brought him to us. They had to watch his blood sugars for a while and his temp because he was so small. Of course Mommy was the first to hold him and it was very surreal that he was actulall there and he was ours! (As a matter of fact it still hasnt sunk in all the way yet and hes a week old!)

We were stuck in the hospital until Friday when Daddy sprung us! Gavin lost 4 oz the first night but then after we got some food in him gained 5 oz. So he left the hospital weight 1 oz more than at birth! I tryed breast feeding but he wasnt having it so then I went to pumping and they werent having it (would only get about an ounce) so he is a formula fed baby and at least hes not starving now!

So there it is I dont think I left anything out. It was qiute the whirl wind week for the Isaak Family!

NOW I JUST NEED TO CHANGE MY TICKER!
September 27th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Super Mommy
Congratulations!!!

September 27th, 2006, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Starzy Send a message via MSN to Starzy
Congratulations on your new arrival! We can't wait to see pictures!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 27th, 2006, 05:06 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im sorry to hear little guy didnt tolerate the pitocin too well...

But, so glad to hear you are happy & healthy & have your happy healthy baby

Also - its pretty common for them to leave the hospital less than their birth weight so dont get too worried about that. It takes a few days. And if you were getting an ounce from pumping in the hospital that soon, thats actually pretty good - you usually dont get much from pumping esp at first - baby almost always is getting more than that b/c the stimulus is different.

So if you do decide to give it a whirl you still probably have time. Otherwise, it sounds like youre ok with the formula

Take care, cant wait for pics!

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
September 27th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to MirandasMommy Send a message via Yahoo to MirandasMommy
Congrats on your new addition!! I can't wait to see your little guys pictures!!
Amanda
September 28th, 2006, 06:05 PM
cpjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cpjames
CONGRATULATIONS! Now hurry up and post some pics!

Want a Exclusive Premade or Customized Blogger Template?

</div>
September 28th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Momma2My Lil Js's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Momma2My Lil Js
Congratulations! We want pictures!

September 29th, 2006, 05:59 AM
koakoba's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow girl, what a story! You are such a strong woman. I can't wait to see him!

</div>
September 29th, 2006, 02:21 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad your little one is doing ok. Congrats!

September 30th, 2006, 07:51 PM
ashley *'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow..what a long couple of days!
But CONGRATS, and Gavin is adorable!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search