A

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 10th, 2006, 06:42 AM
~.Sally.~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Long and rambling I know Ladies, I didn't enjoy being pregnant towards the end and labour was awful, I think we would have to seriously think about whether she will be an only child or not!

Well finally got time to write my birth story, I have not had a lot of time before and have actually been a little disturbed by the whole labour experience so it has taken me a bit of time to want to recall it - I still have flashbacks of things that happened and nightmares that wake me up, but have been told it would be good to put it all into words and come to terms with it.

Although I have the most precious little girl that we both love to bits.

I had come to terms with being induced on the Sunday, so had sort of put the thought of labour to the back of my mind a bit after the consultant appointment. I knew the day would have to come, but had been terrified since I found out I was pregnant over actually having her. When at 10pm on Wednesday evening I started with a little bit of back pain, I ignored it for a bit until DH realised I was not comfortable. By 11pm the pain had turned into contractions in my lower back every three minutes, non of this breaking me in gently with every 20 minutes and then getting closer together, having time for a bath and all that - oh no. At midnight we rang the labour ward as I was not coping very well with only the tens machine, they were happy for us to go in.

When we got there and was checked I had not even started dilating, I was having 'stretching pains' apparently. So was taken to a ward and told I could have a bath and we could settle in the relaxation room. The pain in my back was so bad, I was being sick, I wanted pain relief, they gave me pethidine (because I had already been sick I had nothing to lose) which should have worked for a good few hours, however I got about an hours relief and then the pain was back with avengance. They explained it was because he back was along my back which was why I was getting so much back pain. At 4am I was 2-3cm and still could not go to the labour ward, I had been screaming the ward down for over two hours and still could have no further pain relief. At 6.45am, the midwife came in and agreed to examine me again, although he comment was 'this is against my better judgement', however DH was insistant - he was in tears as he could do nothing to help me but hold my hand.

Anyway, I was 7-8cm at this point so could finally go through to get additional pain relief, my back felt like I had been hit by a bus and could hardly stand with the pain. By the time I had got to the labour suite and had been settled on a bed, I was fully dilated at 7.50am and could not have an epidural as it was to late, I was going to have to do this with just gas and air - what joy!!

Two hours of pushing later, she was not coming out and because I had been so ill before she was born I was exhausted and could hardly breathe. The doctor came in at 10am and mumbled something about a section if she was not low enough. However, she was and he could do a forcepts delivery, he was very quick and she was out at 10.12am.

She was perfect and the most amazing thing, all the pain was worth it, but nothing like it had been explained to me or even what I had expected. I suffered with back pain before (from a bad car accident many years ago), but have never had pain like that and my back is still painful, with sitting and moving difficult from time to time. I have been told it will settle with time once my stitches have healed and I am more back to normal. The memories will fade and as I get used to having her, still find it hard to believe she is here and is ours, she makes it all worth while.
October 12th, 2006, 06:29 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to puboochu99
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience But she's beautiful...Congrats on your little girl!!
October 12th, 2006, 07:27 AM
*Cassie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry it was so rough on you, but your little girl is gorgeous! Congrats!
January 4th, 2007, 11:49 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
sounds a bit like my birth. I had terrible back labour and still have problems now. Sebi was also suctioned out with a vacuum before I knew it or could agree. Your girl is gorgeous though

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search