Darrin Robert

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2006, 08:39 AM
kistal1027's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully this makes some kind of senseÖIím running off of pure adrenaline these days it seems.

Ok...I woke up Saturday (10/7) morning with my first real contraction. Iíd been having Braxton hicks for weeks, but never a real painful true contraction. The first one came at about 7:40 am and then I had another one about 7 minutes later. So, I decided to get up to go to the bathroom. As soon as I shifted to get up I felt a huge gush of fluid and figured my water broke. DH got up and called the doctorís office for me while I jumped in the shower. I had to shave my legs of course lol. The doctor called back and said that since my contractions were still 5-7 minutes apart and the fluid was clear that I needed to get to the hospital, but didnít need to rush.

We left the house around 8:30 and I was in bed hooked up to the monitors my 9:15. My doctor showed up and did a quick exam. I was 4 cm dilated and 100% effaced. He said to try to get some rest and heíd be back in a bit later to check again. My mom and sisterís finally showed up and thatís about when my memory gets a bit fuzzy. The contractions had been painful, but not unbearable up until this point. Well, all of a sudden I stopped feeling anything in my abdomen and everything in my back. They were coming about a minute apart and I couldnít get any relief in between. It was awful! The doctor wanted me to hold off on the epidural until I was a bit more dilated because he was afraid it would slow things down so he gave me something for pain in my IV. (I forgot what it was...like I said it was a blur at this point!!) That really didnít help much, but did relax me some.

Once it wore off I BEGGED for the epi! I admit it, Iím weak!! I really think if it wasnít back labor that I couldíve handled it a bit better. I got the epi at about 12:30 and was wonderful after that. The doctor thought the way the baby was positioned was causing the back pain, so he had me roll onto my side to get him to turn.

I finally hit 10 cm around 3:45, but he had me hold off on pushing because my contractions slowed way down. They put me on pitocin and they picked back up. I started pushing at 4:30 and my little guy was born at 5:53pm.

The hospital policy was only two coaches in the room, but luckily our nurse used to be a paramedic with DH and bent the rules to let both my sisters stay as well as my mom and DH. It was great!

I wish I could say the hospital stay was as nice as the delivery, but it was a bit rough. I think I slept all of two hours from Saturday until Monday when they released me. I just couldnít relax. Weíre home now, and battling a bit of Jaundice. But all in all things are going great! Iím just so glad to finally have my little guy in my arms!

Forever missing our Angels: 7/05 & 5/08
October 14th, 2006, 10:55 AM
amy1980's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww....congrats.
Great Birth Story.

October 14th, 2006, 01:26 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great story!! Congrats to you and welcome Darrin!

October 14th, 2006, 05:17 PM
BLUDOLPHIN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BLUDOLPHIN
CONGRATS!!!!

October 14th, 2006, 08:08 PM
406kurby's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations and welcome Darrin!

My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Tracker

Kristi

October 14th, 2006, 10:10 PM
ashley *'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story!
Congrats
October 15th, 2006, 11:38 AM
cpjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cpjames
Congratulations!!

Want a Exclusive Premade or Customized Blogger Template?

</div>
October 16th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congratulations, sweetie! Great story!

Charlotte and Josie - Our beautiful girls!
Scott & Julie, married September 2001

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search