Isaac James

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 15th, 2006, 02:01 AM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So I was told to come in on Thursday the 6th to "possibly" be induced if it wasn't busy...the doctor didn't like how I was looking or feeling...but they sent me home because babies started popping out of everyone but me that day. I was 3 centimeters. Told to come back Tuesday the 10th to try again. So we got there at 7:30 a.m on the dot very excited and anxious to go...I was STILL having lots of contractions and was just exhausted from days of days of them. I asked the nurse if it looked good and she said no...that it was busy again but the doctor would still like to check me. I was visibly upset...just dissapointed and so I got the "Babies come on their own time and some babies come before other babies" lecture. I told her I understood that but I could still be disappointed if I wanted to...she pissed me off. So we wait around for 3 hours...hooked up..watching the contractions. The nurse kept calling them tightenings...I'm like, "uhhh...they're contractions beeyatch". Anyway, the doctor finally comes in at 10:30 and tells me if I haven't changed at all I'm going to be sent home. Which of course by now I knew. She looks at my contractions with surprise and asks me if I'm feeling them. I laugh and say yes but they don't hurt very much. So she checks me and oh my god...I'm five centimeters!! She says, "Look's like you're staying!!" and I grin like a cheshire cat...hee hee. So she breaks my water, and within minutes the contractions feel quite different and I'm sent walking the halls. I passed the lecturing nurse and stuck my tongue out at her. Things get a little blurry from here. The pain was very bearable which was surprising to me so I figured we'd be going all day...it would take hours. Next time I was checked I was 6-7 centimeters and was feeling some pressure. I decided this would be a good time for some pain management. The nurse told me to go pee and then meet her in the delivery room where I would be set up with some laughing gas. So I went to the washroom with my sister and while peeing felt a LOT of pressure. I joked that I was going to give birth on the toilet...which my sister didn't find very funny so she ushered me quickly to the delivery room. I was still in a great mood and laughing. The nurse said that the baby was posterior and why don't I get on my hands and knees to see if he would turn. I did that and right away the pain just kicked in. Oh my god it hurt. I tried the laughing gas and absolutely hated it...felt like I was smothering so I said let's move on to the epidural okay? I had planned on that right from the beginning...nurse hesitated and said why don't we try demerol first so I agreed. She needed to check me first.....and I was 10!! She was shocked...she hadn't even called the doctor yet. So I'm like, "so do I still get my medicine????". Uhhh....no you don't Megan. I went from 7 to 10 in fifteen minutes and suddenly I was pushing and grunting involuntarily. The nurse had me go on my side and pant...kept telling me "Don't push! Don't push!" I couldn't help it. I told her that I felt the baby RIGHT THERE...she looks and calmly says, "Yes, he is just crowning.....PANT!" I stared into my dh's eyes and he talked me through it...he was AWESOME....kept calm and just made me feel calm too. I had to wait 20 minutes for that dang doctor to get there..she came in running. I flipped over and basically, she caught the baby. Half a push and his head popped out...his cord was wrapped very tightly around his neck and she couldn't just pull it off...she had to cut if off....half of the other push and he was out. He was purple and white all at the same time and I caught a glimpse of his eyes. They were glazed over and I knew automatically something was very wrong. The whisked him over to the nurses who kept trying to get him to breathe but he wouldn't. They finally got a breath out of him after a bit but he still wouldn't cry....I was just lying there freaking out. They literally ran down the halls....with my dh chasing them...to the NICU. He was there for a couple of hours before I even got to see him...I'm not going to get into this part too much because I don't like it and everything turned out fine anyway. The cord plus the fast delivery had him in shock basically. So Isaac arrived at 1:22 p.m. ...almost 3 hours after they told me I was going home. In fact I delivered before anybody else... Sorry this was so long.....I got a little out of hand. Hey, it's 4 in the morning and I've barely slept...lol
October 15th, 2006, 09:56 AM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, Megan. Glad everything worked out in the end. He's such a little cutie! Make sure you are filling up that baby book!!

October 15th, 2006, 12:37 PM
cpjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cpjames
Congratulations!!

Want a Exclusive Premade or Customized Blogger Template?

</div>
October 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
ashley *'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Megan Isaac is a cutie!
And wow...what a story!! Very happy all is well now!
October 16th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Megan I am glad everything worked out for you and baby. My sweet pea had the cord around her neck 3 times! I know how scary that can be.

October 16th, 2006, 10:28 AM
nmacjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
megan, congrats!!!!!!!!! i am sorry you had such a scare. i couldn't even imagine. however, i won't dwell on it, like you said it all turned out fine. he is gorgous! you did good mom!
October 16th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow, Megan! You fooled them. Go home? HA! Take that!

Anyway, I'm so glad that you're both OK... I'm sorry you had such an awful scare but it turned out great in the end, right?!? Congratulations on your beautiful little bundle!

Charlotte and Josie - Our beautiful girls!
Scott & Julie, married September 2001
October 27th, 2006, 05:05 AM
Pharry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats,
October 27th, 2006, 08:36 AM
chevygirl302's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Megan! I was laughing when I read about you sticking ur tongue out at that nurse!!! Isaac is a real cutie!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search