Emily Elizabeth 10/12/2006...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 19th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Amanda C's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I saw my OB on Monday and he told me I was 2 cm... I had been 2 cm the week before also. He said I definitely would be having a baby in the next 7 days. I was very discouraged because I had been very tired more so than usual. I just wanted to be through with being pregnant or through working. I came home on Wednesday the 11th with a bad low back ache. Nothing unusual I thought.. I had backaches a lot. But this one wasn't letting up no matter what I did. I went to bed and hoped it would go away.

I woke up at midnight with the same terrible backache only now I had intense pains in my back that would come and go every nine minutes and bloody show. I waited around the house thinking that if were real contractions surely they would wrap around to my stomach right?? I waited until 2:15 am. They were still coming every nine minutes and still not wrapping around my stomach.. I still wasn't sure if this was really it so I paged the on call nurse. Well after 25 more minutes of pain she still hadn't called back and the pain was bringing tears to my eyes so I woke dh up. We got everything ready and left for the hospital.

I arrived at the hospital at 4:30 am and the nurse said I was 3 cm, 100 effaced and my water bag was bulging.. she assured me this was the REAL DEAL no turning back and no sending me home. They admitted me and got me some Stadol. Around 7 they called the anesthiosoligst in to do my epidural... I didn't like that idea.. My OB is a certified anesthetist and did a great job with my epidural when I had my son and I wanted him to do again...but I gave in and let the candy man do it... Major mistake. I couldn't feel the pain of my contractions but I could feel pain in my pelvic area and I could the baby moving and descending.. I kept asking for more meds... I told them that epi sucked couldn't they fix it??

My OB came in at 8 and said I was 6 cm and broke my water. He said we would be having a baby before lunchtime. Since I could feel a lot of pain still... I kept asking the nurse to come back and check me. Finally at 10 they said I was 9 centimeters and they needed to set up and call the OB. Well instead at 10:45 I called them back in the room they hadn't gotten everything ready yet and hadn't called my OB either but it didn't matter because I was 10 cm. I could feel everything at this point except the pain of the contractions.. weird huh?? I starting pushing and at 11 they called my OB. Now at this point I was really scared and upset.. I signed up for the epi from my OB this one was nothing like the kind he did and I was in major pain. I kept pushing trying to get it over with.. He finally arrived around 11:20 and told me to stop pushing no matter how bad it hurt cause he could see her head and he wasn't ready yet.

He did a second degree episiotomy and I tore up towards my urethra but not into it.. It burned and hurt so badly. Finally at 11:38 out came Emily Elizabeth. She was 8lbs and 8 and 1/4 oz and she was 37 and 1/2 weeks gestation!!! She was 20 1/4 inches long and her head measured 14.

The epi was so bad that my OB started trying to sew me up and had to stop and give me a local anesthetic to numb me first.

Even though this birth was more painful than my first it was so much easier also. I was induced with my first and had Pitocin, then oxygen cause my son was in distress then a fourth degree episiotomy with a forcep delivery b/c his head was stuck and the pitocin was causing severe distress. This time I really had no intervention other then my OB breaking my water.

Noone could believe how big she was for her age.. The pedi even checked her blood sugar he thought maybe I was diabetic even though I passed my GD test... but she's fine no problems except for jaundice.

We are all totally in love especially her daddy.

I will add pictures as soon as I can.. photobucket's not working for me today.

October 19th, 2006, 05:22 PM
cpjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cpjames
CONGRATULATIONS!! Can't wait to see the pics!

Want a Exclusive Premade or Customized Blogger Template?

</div>
October 19th, 2006, 06:59 PM
ashley *'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats
Can't wait for pics!
October 23rd, 2006, 01:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow... They gave you the run-around? You're nicer than me... Did you try screaming your head off for your doctor?

Congratulations, tho! A big baby!!! Woo hoo!!!

Charlotte and Josie - Our beautiful girls!
Scott & Julie, married September 2001
October 27th, 2006, 02:22 AM
Pharry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search