Miss Maya Grace

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 21st, 2006, 07:53 AM
Super Mommy
Well, my birth story, IMO is absolutely amazing. Please keep in mind I have had two nightmare deliveries and was expecting nothing less for this one.

Went in on my due date to be induced at 6:30 am due to baby's size concerns. The week before, I was not dialated, with a thick cervix. This made me anxious because I was not interested in "ripening" my cervix chemically. Anyway, arrived at 6:30 and low and behold, I was dialated 2cm, but still thick.

So, about 7 am, the pit drip was started. My doc came and checked me about 8:30, still a 2, no effacement. Fast forward to about 12:30 pm. The nurse checked me 2 1/2 and 60% effaced. Well, at least it's something. She says she'll come in and check me again in about an hour. Well, at 1:20 she comes in and asks if I'm having pressure. Well, a little I tell her. She checks me----6-7 cm, in an hour!!!

She starts to panic a little. I have to call the doc she says and out she goes. Well, wouldn't you know, now I am feeling some major pressure and am trying to breathe through them. She comes back in and lifts my leg (yes, I had an epidural). She looks at me with this look on her face and says, I have to get the midwife in here and the doc on call, your baby is at 0 station and you are complete (1:40).

At 1:45, my doc comes in, still in his street clothes. The nurse lifts my leg and he says I'll be right back, DON"T PUSH!! 1:50, he's in scrubs. Okay, he says to the nurse, we'll have a baby by 2pm. She thought he was nuts LOL!! Tina, go ahead and push. Push #1, head has crowned, midwife says, get those blankets off her so she can watch this beautiful baby come into the world (loved her by the way). I had never watched my births before. Doc says, your babies sure do have big heads...Are you kidding me, I'm pushing and your cracking jokes...

Anyway, push #2, head is out. Midwife says look down your baby's head is out already. Doc says, don't bother pushing anymore, your baby is going to come out by itself with the next contraction. Sure enough, next contraction and out comes the most beautiful, perfect little girl ever made. They put her on my stomach (again a 1st for me) and I cried like a baby. I looked at my DH and he had tears in his eyes.

THey take her to the warmer and I look over and say, how small she is. Everybody in the room looks at me like I have 3 eyes in my head. My doc says, Tina she is not that little.

So, Miss Maya Grace entered the world at 2:01 pm, weighing in at 8 lbs, 6 ozs ( which is my smallest baby) and 21 inches long.

I hope you enjoy my birth story. Also, my anxiety level was so high that the only alarms going off in my room was my pulse ox......

Introducing Miss Maya Grace. She made her grand entrance on 10/17/2006.
October 21st, 2006, 10:17 PM
ashley *'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lovely story
Congrats
October 22nd, 2006, 06:58 AM
~JustAngie~'s Avatar ~Let your colors burst~
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

October 22nd, 2006, 08:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
What a GREAT story! Congratulations and welcome to the world, sweet little baby girl.

Charlotte and Josie - Our beautiful girls!
Scott & Julie, married September 2001
October 27th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Pharry's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search