Brayden Andrew

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 25th, 2006, 10:40 AM
AJMommy2002's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to AJMommy2002 Send a message via MSN to AJMommy2002 Send a message via Yahoo to AJMommy2002
I had my regular doctor appointment on May 4, 2006 at 9:30am. I got there and when Dana came in she checked me and said I was 4cm 85%-90% and he was really low, 0 to a +1 station. She then told me that they wanted to put me on the monitors to check contractions to see if I need to go to the hospital or not. They hooked me up and came back 15 minutes later and told me that I could go home get a bag and make a few phone calls then head straight to the hospital. She said she wasn’t sure if they would keep me but more than likely they would because of how much progression I was at this time and this being my 3rd baby it will definitely go fast. So I went home called Ricky and told him what had happened. I got my stuff in the car and we headed to the hospital. The whole way there I was so nervous and had mixed feelings about whether or not I really wanted to do this. HA Like I had a choice. We arrived at the hospital at 11:30am. Their computer systems were down so they couldn’t admit me quite yet initially. They had us in just an examination room and a resident came in to check me. She said that I definitely was 4cm and he was very low and when she was done said there’s your ‘bloody show’. So she said she would call Dana and let her know and see what she wanted to do. She came back a few minutes later and said Dana wants us to admit you and your going to have a baby today. So we packed up and followed them into the birthing room. They hooked me up to the monitors and by this time it was 12:15pm. They got my IV started at 12:35pm and completely admitted by 1215pm. The resident came back at 2:15pm and broke my water and checked me. I was already 6cm and still thinning out. They put and internal monitor on babies head and we started talking about pain medication. I wanted an epidural for sure so they put the order in. The anesthesiologist came in real quick at 2:30pm. They got completely done with it and I was checked again and was at 7cm. Right after they checked me my mom came to see how we were doing. Ricky went down stairs to smoke a cigarette and the nurse came in to check me again at 3:50pm. She started flipping out don’t move baby is coming and ran out the door. I called Ricky and told him he needed to get up here fast because he is coming. The nurse was in and out getting everything prepared for Dana and just kept telling me NOT to move. She kept asking if I was ok and I kept telling her YES I cant feel ANYTHING! Lol Dana arrived at 4:07pm and scrubbed up. Along with a resident and 2 nurses they kept feeling my belly and looking at the monitor and said ok lets push. Well because of the epidural I couldn’t feel anything so I just started pushing like I thought I should be. (just like with my other two births) I pushed twice and they kept saying good good good then we waited for the next contraction. I head Dana say ok push and on that push Brayden was completely born at 4:18pm. They roughed him up a bit and handed Ricky the scissors to cut the cord wrapped him up and gave him to me. I tore just a lil bit and had 4 stitches I believe. Brayden’s apgar’s were 9-9. After they were done doing what they had to do with me they took Brayden over to the bed cart and did his eye ointment and all that good stuff. Then gave him back to me. My mom and Ricky and I all sat just adoring our new bundle of joy. About 20 minutes into the bonding Brayden went straight to the breast and nursed like a champ. The nurse came back about 45 minutes later and said they needed to send him to the nursery to get his hearing test, get weighed and measured and make sure everything else was A-OK. They got me moved into my recovery room and my epidural finally wore off around 6pm. Brayden roomed in with me the 2 days spent in the hospital. Brayden’s billi rubin was checked for jaundice and it was a 7. He had a little heart murmur but was gone the day we left the hospital. He was 7lbs even 18 ¾ inches long has light blonde hair and blue eyes. When we left the hospital he was 6lbs 8 ozs. He is very alert for a newborn and just doing wonderful.

Email ME ---> ajmommy2002@hotmail.com

Add ME ---> *Myspace* <---Add ME
October 25th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
sounds like your birth went well, congrats to you

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

October 26th, 2006, 08:38 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
wow..that sounded so easy!!! LOL

great birth story
October 27th, 2006, 07:29 AM
AJMommy2002's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to AJMommy2002 Send a message via MSN to AJMommy2002 Send a message via Yahoo to AJMommy2002
Thank you both. It WAS pretty easy! lol So far all three of my births were pretty easy, maybe that's why I keep having more! lol

Email ME ---> ajmommy2002@hotmail.com

Add ME ---> *Myspace* <---Add ME

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search