Mikaela Trevino

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2006, 03:51 PM
rmtd11's Avatar Super Mommy
My doctor had scheduled me for an induction on good friday, which would be a whole week past my due date, i had no problem with it because i figuered that i was probably gonna go into labor by myself before then...well on my last doc's appt. my doc informed me that the day she had scheduled me for wasnt going to be good because since it was good friday her office was going to be rushing her since they wanted to get off early that day, i thought that was dumb since they are a doctors office...so she rescheduled me for the 10th...since my doc's appt. was on tuesday i really thought i was gonna go into labor before that monday since i was feeling crampy and i had been getting irregular contractions for a week, so the week came and went and no baby, i was a little upset because i really wanted my body to go into labor on its own, but i told myself that the induction was ok since i was past my due date...my due date was the 7th....So on monday we arrived at the hospital at 7 am and i was hookup by 8 am, so i started getting pitocin....the morning went pretty fast i was getting contractions but i was ok...they kept telling me that my doc was gonna be in around 4 pm since she was busy with some c-sections....My contractions were getting way stronger and my doc was nowhere to be found...and i really wanted to do it natural, no medications whatsoever, but around 5 o clock i gave in and they gave some painkiller, i cant recall what it was, but it did take the edge off for awhile. Around 8 pm another doc came in and i was in so much pain that she suggested and epidural i said no, and she was like "why not?", and i that moment i just thought to myself why are you asking me questions? About and hr later another doc came in... and he decided to brake my water...after that i just remember alot of pain, it was really bad and the breaking point for me came when the doc check me and he told me that i was only at 5!!! All i could think was...there is no way i can do this for another 12 hrs since when they checked me it was like 10 pm..so i gave in and asked for the epidural...i was crying and i kept telling my hubby-to-be that i tried but that it was just too much...So they gave me the epidural at 11 and withing two hours i was ready to push...i pushed for an hour and Mikaela was born at 1:56 am...Unfortunately after that things became blurry...i know i held her because i have pics to prove it but i dont remember it...i passed out twice once landing hard on a toilet and i also threw up all over my hubby-to-be...it was a crazy experience but everyday im greatful for my baby...and i dont feel too bad about the epidural since the nurse told me that with inductions the contractions are worse and by the way i didnt see my doc till it was time to deliver Mikaela, but at least she delivered her...sorry so long</span></span>

Carolina mommy to Mikaela and Mateo

October 30th, 2006, 08:07 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i'm glad you posted this. it seems kind of strange to look back on it all, months or years later. glad everything went pretty well, and everyone came out healthy.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

November 3rd, 2006, 11:24 AM
Kaypea's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for sharing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search