Josephine Seelye

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 30th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I had contractions all Thursday evening, but they were like 1/2 hour apart and I thought I must be dilating but not anything serious to write home about and I also knew that I'd need the rest, so I laid down and tried to sleep at about 11 p.m.

At 2:00 a.m., I had a contraction that sat me upright in bed. I was like, "OK...This is IT!". So, I got up and went to the contraction timer link I found online that I liked the format. It took me one or two contractions to get the hang of getting them from beginning to end, so I didn't actually start timing them until 2:26... They were a minute long, about 7 minutes apart (average...some were 10, some were 3), so I woke Scott up and said, "I'm going to take a shower and when I get out, we're going to the hospital.". He got in the shower after I got out and by the time I was dressed, he was done!

We got to the hospital and I was a "stretchy 5 cms" and they said I was ready to be admitted. I immediately asked for an epidural. They were happy to oblige and said that I had to have a full bag of fluids and some lab work done and then the anesthesiologist could administer. I was ok with that.

So, at 6:45 a.m., he shows up. He does an excellent job of it. I can still feel my contractions but it's pressure only...not pain. His name was "Dr. Gilmore". I asked him how many times somebody had called him "Happy" because the drugs he gives make them happy...he said he heard it every day!

At 8:40, the doctor shows up (he had asked that they call him when I was ready to push). I was READY to go! He said, "Do you want to do this in one push or two?". I said, "ONE!". Unfortunately, my pushes weren't as strong as he thought, because I pushed for 17 minutes instead of just once. I was OK with that... The epidural was workin fine and I was giving it all I could...

Anyway, Josephine came out strong and healthy... Apgars were 8 and 9 immediately. She's an eater and a sleeper and I couldn't be happier about it. Charlotte is so great with her and DH has been amazing with helping me!

Josephine Seelye Shineman
born October 27th at 8:57 a.m.
weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz. and was 19 inches long

What a beatiful day and delivery it was!

Charlotte and Josie - Our beautiful girls!
Scott & Julie, married September 2001
October 30th, 2006, 12:26 PM
mandalyn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay!! Congrats!

October 30th, 2006, 06:04 PM
cpjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cpjames
Congratulations!!

Want a Exclusive Premade or Customized Blogger Template?

</div>
October 30th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great story Julie!
October 31st, 2006, 05:28 AM
Boxerlove1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on a wonderful birth!

<div align="center"></div>
Agatha Christie</span>
October 31st, 2006, 07:51 AM
amy1980's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on your healthy baby girl