noah steven - october 5

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2006, 04:02 PM
mama2noah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my c-section was scheduled for 12:30 pm and i had to be there at 10:30. i don't remember what time i woke up that morning. i went to bed around 1:30 am after eating a PB&J sandwich since i didn't know when i would be able to eat again! i slept surprisingly well considering i would be having my baby the next day! we had to leave around 10:00 am. i showered and a few people called to wish us luck and check on us and i even cleaned our bathroom before we left (which i LOATHE doing!). i was a little overwhelmed by it all while i was in the shower (nervous, anxious, excited etc) and let myself cry to try to get it out before we got to the hospital!

we got there right at 10:30 and waited for the nurse to come get us. i was really anxious at this point. i was so excited that we were going to get to meet noah but i was ready for the surgery to be over with. i changed into a hospital gown and they put an external fetal monitor on, hooked up my IV, asked a ton of questions and gave me a shot to help with my blood pressure during surgery. the anesthesiologist came in and explained what he was going to do etc. i thought that it would seem like forever but all of a sudden it was time to go! when the nurse said that i started to cry a little bit. just all the emotions hitting me at once i guess! steve just rubbed my arm and i pulled it together before the nurse came back. steve put on his "jumpsuit" as we called it and they started wheeling me to the OR. i saw my dr. in the hall and he was all smiles. i am sure i looked like i was ready to throw up. they had steve wait outside the OR while they did the spinal. i guess they don't want dads potentially passing out in a sterile environment. the epidural was kinda weird. it didn't hurt per se, but it felt like a little pop and it was just weird. i started to get numb and they laid me back on the table. steve came in at that point and was right by my side the whole time! he had no interest in seeing any of the surgery so he sat next to me and looked at me. we talked a little bit while it was all going on. he said it was weird sitting out there by himself waiting to come in. i asked him later why it was weird and he said just because i was in there getting ready for surgery and he wasn't with me and the fact that we would have a baby in a few minutes! they got my belly all sterilized and then the dr. said "can you feel what i am doing?", i assume he was ready to cut. i said "no" and they got started. i could feel where he was doing most of the work, not because it hurt, i could just feel the sensation of where the dr. was. i remember i asked steve how close they were and he said " i don't know, i am not going to look". then it felt like one of the nurses was pushing down on the top of my belly so i guessed they were getting close. the dr. said "it's baby time" and i started to feel the tugging and pulling. one last tug and the dr. said "come on baby" and he was out! he started crying right away and so did i! steve was also crying. he held my hand the whole time and we just looked at each other waiting for noah to get here. the nurse brought noah around very briefly so i could see how big he was. as soon as he was out, all the nurses and the dr. were saying "wow, look how big!". steve kept peeking around the curtain to where they took noah to clean him up and the nurse said that he could come over there. steve looked at me as if to say "is that alright?", which i thought was really sweet! of course i said to go. then he came back to tell me all about him. i remember asking him if he had all 10 fingers and 10 toes! they wrapped him up and gave him to steve and he brought him over so i could see him and kiss him.

after i was i all stitched up, they wheeled me to recovery and noah came too. i breastfed for a little bit just to get started and they let him stay with us for a few more minutes. we went ahead and had my parents and steve's mom come in since i was done feeding and we had some time together just the 3 of us. then they took him to the nursery to be bathed and weighed and all that good stuff. steve and our moms went with noah and my dad stayed with me to keep me company. steve's dad came a few minutes later and went to the nursery also. the nurse came back down to tell me that noah was 9 lbs and 14.5 oz! "shut up!" is what i said to her! his APGARs were 8/9. basically it all went very smoothly. i got to breastfeed right away and we got to have time together as a family before our parents came in, which is what i really wanted. i had to wait in recovery and let the epi wear off until i could lift my hips off the bed. then they took me to my postpartum room and shortly after that noah got to come in with us. we had A LOT of visitors that night. i was kinda glad when everyone left! noah stayed in the nursery at night and came in to eat. during the day he was with us pretty much the whole time.

by the time we left he had lost a little more weight than they would have liked (14 oz) so we had some peditrician office visits early on. i started pumping so we could tell how much he was getting and we also started adding a 1/2 oz of formula to get his weight up and also to help with his bilirubin. the bilirubin spiked at 14 but started dropping after that b/c of the formula. i fed directly from the breast at the hospital but am still pumping now. it is better for both of us! he is already pretty much sleeping through the night. he basically goes about 5-6 hours at night, eats, and the will sleep anywhere from another 3-5 hours. some mornings, i go back to bed after that early morning feeding (anywhere from 6 am-8am) and sleep as long as he does!

i was feeling great after my c-section in a little less than 2 weeks and have had no complications at all. you actually can barely see my incision. now if these stretch marks would just hurry up and fade!

i am so in love with noah! it's true that you don't know you can have that kind of love at first sight until you experience it with a child. at least for me anyway! steve is also very much in love with him. i knew he would be, but it is just so sweet to witness!

i will post some more pics soon. i am going to go eat dinner now while i can! sorry it took so long to get this up here and sorry it is so long! i guess i had a lot to share!

November 1st, 2006, 04:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
He is soo cute. Congrats on your baby I am glad everything went well. I ended up having a c-section as well and I was VERY scared I did not want one at all, but she was not tolerating the contractions and the cord was around her neck 3 times so I guess it was meant to be. I am glad you are feeling better, it took me a couple of weeks, but I am doing really well too. The thing I hate the most is that I can't lift anything other than baby for 6 weeks. That is really hard.

We are glad to hear from you I know everyone was asking about you!!!! Can't wait to see more pictures you have a very hansome little man!!!!

Congrats!!!

November 1st, 2006, 11:06 PM
cpjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cpjames
Congratulations!!

Want a Exclusive Premade or Customized Blogger Template?

</div>
November 1st, 2006, 11:42 PM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
GREAT story Tiffany! And what a cutie pie Noah is!!! Congratulations!
November 4th, 2006, 11:02 PM
ashley *'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search