Kathryn Jean

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 6th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Berries's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry for the delay....

I had been feeling pretty yucky for a couple of days, but on the 1st, something seemed different. I was having pretty bad back pain that would intensify every 5-8 minutes. I dealt with this until about 11am, when I finally called DH at work and told him that I would feel better if he were home. Once he was home, we opted to head out to the hospital as the back pain was getting worse.

We got to L&D shortly before noon and they hooked me up to the monitors, but they were having problems getting my contractions to register. The did an internal and said that I was only at 2, and would probably get sent home. I was so disappointed because I was so ready to get this done and over with. Around 1:00 my Dr showed up and thought that due to my age, and that I was nearly a week overdue, that it would be best to augment labor, I agreed and said "Let the pitocin begin!!!"

It didn't take long for the contractions to get more intense with the pitocin. I could not be in bed, so I stood up and leaned over the bed when they would hit. My bp started going up so they told me to get into bed and lay on my left side. When I did, the baby's heartrate would drop, and my pain would be so intense that I would beg to be let out of the bed. They wouldn't let me, and told me to flip to the other side. Baby's heartrate got better, but not great, and my pain stayed the same, so they had me stay there and put the O2 on me.

They checked me at 3pm and I was at 3cm. The Dr said that he would order the epi now as it would help my bp and make me more comfy. I was all for that! By 3:30pm the epi was in, and I was a happy camper...so was the baby. Dh and I visited with my parents, and around 7:30pm they checked me again. I had made it to 5cm. The Dr said that rule of thumb is 1cm per hour (give or take), and that I could have a baby by 11:30pm. Ahhhh....an end in sight.

By 8:15pm, I was having a lot of pressure, and Dh called for the nurse, who checked me and said that I was at 10cm, and to do a couple of pushes with the next contraction. I did, and the nurse called for back up and said that the Dr had better get there quick.....I asked why, and she said "You are going to have a baby in the next few minutes." Holy crap! I pushed for about 15 mins and at 8:36pm, my beautiful Baby Katie was born.

All I can say is WOW!

I did have to have an emergency surgery at 2:30am to remove a tennis ball sized hematoma that had formed at the sight of my 2nd degree tear. I am still very sore, and am on some wicked pain killers, but I am doing great. Baby Katie is a shear joy, and I still can't believe that she is here.

Here is her pic. You can see her long fingers. I hope to get one of her Flintstone feet posted soon.

Edited, because I'm a bonehead! She weighed 7lbs, 2oz and was 20" long

November 6th, 2006, 12:41 PM
~JustAngie~'s Avatar ~Let your colors burst~
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! She is soooo pretty! Mine has long fingers and big feet too

November 6th, 2006, 02:54 PM
BLUDOLPHIN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BLUDOLPHIN
CONGRATS!!!! she is beautiful.
our baby girls share the same birthday and our stories are very similar.

YEAH for quick labors and deliveries!

November 7th, 2006, 08:15 PM
ashley *'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats
Glad your recovering well after that surgery!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search