Welcome Sara Monika

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 9th, 2006, 11:31 AM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
My due date was October 26th and no baby had made an appearance so I was scheduled to be induced. I thought that I was going to be induced on November 7th some time during the day and that I was supposed to go to the hospital the night before for something that was going to help make the induction more successful. Well it turned out the appointment at the hospital was the induction.
I went to the hospital at 8:30pm on November 6th and was put on the monitiors and they were showing little contractions that were far apart. The doctor did an internal check and found that I was 2 to 3 cms dialated and 50% effaced. The doctor inserted the cervidelle (no clue on spelling) and I started having cramps but the contractions on the monitor stayed the same. I was sent home around 10 and told to come back at 8 the next morning if nothing had changed. We live very close to the hospital so we walked there and back. The walking seemed to make my cramps worse and by the time I got home I was in quite a bit of pain, but I didn't think that it was really contractions and I couldn't tell when one ended and the next began. I went to bed almost as soon as I got home. I tried to sleep and then started to notice that the cramping had peaks and I could tell when the next one was coming. I got out of bed to go to the bathroom and I felt like I was going to throw up. I woke david up and told him that I couldn't take it any more that we had to go to the hospital. He phoned and I was told to go in.
It was about 12:00am on Tuesday morning that we got there. The nurse hooked me back up to the monitor and she could see that I was getting no breaks in between the contractions and that I was getting quite worn out by them. She did and internal check and found that I was almost fully effaced and 3 to 4 centimeters dialated. They admitted me to the hospital and I was given a needle in my hip to help with the pain (I cannot for the life of me remember what it was). I then went and sat in the tub with the jets for a little while and that helped a lot. I sat in there for about an hour and then decided to try and sleep. I had just started to doze and then I felt like i had to go for a pee really bad. I got to the toliet and was immediately hit with a sever need to push. I knew that wasn't something that I should do and I screamed for david to get the nurse. I got up off the toilet and there was a lot of blood. The nurse helped me get back to bed and told me that I was not to push. She checked me and found that I was 8 cms dialated! I was still told not to push because there was still a lip. It was so hard not to do anything. They gave me a mask with laughing gas and told me to focus on that and not the pushing feeling. This went on for about 30 minutes at 2:30am
Finally at 3:00am I told them that I couldn't help pushing, that I had no control and I was told then that I could start pushing. It was about this time that my mom and David's step mom arrived. David was absolutly amasing the whole time. He was counting for me and without him to focus on I don't know how I would have survived. I pushed for 1 and ˝ hours and ended up having to get cut slightly to help her head get through. At 4:31am on November 7th 2006 Sara Monika Joyes entered this world! She was 7lbs 10oz, 21 inches long and absolutly perfect. Everyone (but me and my mother) was in shock because she was a girl . David was the most surprised of all.
She is such a good baby!! She is so calm and the only time she really fusses is when she is trying to latch on and can't. I stayed at the hospital an extra day because she couldn't get latched on easily on the left and could not get on at all with the right. I was taught a few more ways and now she is a pro. My milk has just started coming in and the only issue now is that she wants to nurse of 1 ˝ hours every 3 hours. I have blisters on both of my nipples now because of all the time. We are getting it down to 20 minutes on each side of active nursing.
Everything has been amasing so far. I am so proud of David. He has been so great, he even was right in there helping Sara get latched on when we were having problems.He was up with her as much as I was and is completely in love. I get a little love tear in my eye just watching him with her. He even got a compliment from the nurse that was helping me with breastfeeding about his involvement!
So my labour lasted only about 3 hours and I did it with no epi!!!! I really do feel for you ladies with longer labours I really don't know how you ladies did it!!!!!

November 9th, 2006, 12:11 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
congrats sweetie!!! good work!!!
she is soooo cute

November 9th, 2006, 04:35 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

November 9th, 2006, 05:04 PM
cpjames's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to cpjames
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Want a Exclusive Premade or Customized Blogger Template?

</div>
May 27th, 2014, 12:07 PM
(Mayhem)'s Avatar ~!Theresa!~
Send a message via MSN to (Mayhem)
WOW!!!!!!! This is still here, I am just so amazed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search