Camdyn Averie

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 20th, 2006, 08:34 AM
Firsttimemommy413's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am finally posting this.....a little overdue i know...but i just love telling this story to anyone who will listen!!

I went into the hospital with my contractions about 3 minutes apart on Monday April 3, at 1:30 AM. The contractions really didn't hurt, they were just a little uncomfortable!

At that point i was kind of Freaking out because i wasn't really due for another 3 weeks so my Mom went on a business trip with my dad to Washington DC. Well i had to call her at 1:30 and tell her i was going, of course she was Freaking out, getting all of her stuff ready shower, make-up, and even curling her hair, because She was on her way right then!!

By the time i was checked and admitted it was already like 2:30 i was so exhausted but the contractions were so bothersome that i could not sleep! They gave me some neubane(sp?) to take the edge off, but i still couldn't sleep...just excited i guess!

Well my mom finally gets there around 9:30-10:00 in the Morning...and there is nothing new. I felt bad because she rushed home to have no news when she got there.

Around 12-1 O'clock they finally started me on potocin because i wasn't progressing as much as they wanted me to. The contractions still weren't bad and i was still pretty comfortable!

so around 2:00 my wonderful nurse had an emergency and had to go home, so they gave me another nurse. Well she failed to check me at all from 2-5 so by 5:30 i was 10cm and ready to go but my water had still not broken. Well i had to get up and use the restroom and as i did that i felt something just trickling down my leg. As i got back in bed my water broke everywhere and my nurse tried telling me it was "just the Gel" from my moniters. But it was all over the bed and my legs. Well she was wrong of course.

Well because she hadn't been checking me, my Dr. was never notified of my progress and was not at the hospital when i was complete. So some women comes in, dressed in the gown and everything and said "I'm here to catch your baby" Of course i was clueless because now i was in SO much pain. I pushed for a little bit and they were saying nothing was happening so i said i needed an epideral then. Thank god i did that because my night was FAR from over.

I pushed for approx. 4 hours total (not all at one time obviously) and she would come down as i pushed but go right back up when i stopped. In between she would give me like 30 minutes here and there to rest. Nothing was helping, my body was too small to do this. So at about 3 AM my Dr. told me that she couldn't let me go any longer and that i had to have a C-section.

This is when i started to freak out. I had so many emotions, i was scared, ancious, tired, irritated with the moniters on my stomach and most of all very restless...i had been in that bed for more that 24 hours already!

Well they pumped me full of so many pain meds that i was so sleepy and slept through half of my c-section but i do remember seeing her for the first time. My first question was "does she have hair?" and she didn't! LOL It was and still is the best day of my life even though it seemed never ending then i wouldn't change anything!

Thanks for listening...i know this was long!
November 21st, 2006, 10:17 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
oh my, i didn't know you went through all that. will you go to that hospital again next time? the hospital i had timmy at will never see us again!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

November 21st, 2006, 10:27 AM
Yes i will for sure go back! I loved everyone of my other nurses and my doctor is the best....so i won't let just One idiot nurse ruin it for me! It was an experience for us!
November 21st, 2006, 10:37 AM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
that's good. our local hospital is always screwing up. they also recently changed their name, and joined with some other hospital or something... and i thought i heard that it had to do with avoiding lawsuits.
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

November 21st, 2006, 12:15 PM
Oh no...that can't be good....i don't think i'd go back to that place either!
January 11th, 2007, 06:52 PM
kallie74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love reading these stories... Great to hear yours & Camdyn's!

christmas 2011 - so excited for Santa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search