Antoni William

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Send a message via MSN to karlee
Antoni William born 10th October 2006 at 1:53pm

I had a clinic appointment on the Tuesday prior and after having blood pressure problems this pregnancy from 32 weeks I once again got a high reading, so a decision was made it would be best to induce me for mine and the babies sake. So the date was set!!

I didnít sleep a lot the night before, in the end I was wide awake at 3am so got up and started the day. We got to the hospital just before 7, I was feeling good, a little nerves but mostly excited this was it and it would all soon be over.

I got admitted and taken to the birth suite where we were told it could be awhile as the doctor was busy on the ward with a patient, the midwife started to do the usual checks beforehand and got to my blood pressure check and looked at it and walked straight out of the room, next minute she walked back in with the doctor saying to get on the bed we were starting. I later found out that it was 150/100 so they decided not to wait and get things started straight away.

It was found that his head was still very high up and didnít think it was going to be possible to break my water, but she just managed to get to it and so by 8 my water had been broken and the drip set up. I settled down and watched some tv with david waiting for things to start. Contractions started at 9am and were fine, was still talking through them so canít have been too strong. Drip got turned up and the CTG was connected thatís when things started to happen.

At this stage contractions were about 3 minutes apart and getting stronger.I was coping and we all just sat around chatting through the contractions. I was the only one in the birth suite so was very quiet and had the midwife there basically the whole way through.

At 11 I couldnít handle it anymore and started getting extreme pressure and the urge to push, midwife did an internal to find me to only be 3cm dilated. I burst into tears, I honestly though as did they that I would be close to ready to start pushing but still had ages to go.

This is where I started to get worried, with every contraction I was having his heart rate was falling, they were convincing me that things were alright as it went up straight away again once the contraction had ended. I didnít believe them and within half an hour had got it in my head that he wasnít going to make it. It was at this stage that I asked for a c/section but they pretended not to hear me .

The contractions were on top of one another and getting stronger and stronger. Once on the bed I started using the gas, didnít do anything but give me something to concentrate on rather than the contraction. It had been just under 2 hours since the last internal so had another one to show I was 5cms!!!! Felt like crying again, at this stage I felt like it was never going to end.

After saying I didnít want anything else and would just use the gas, the midwife had some pethadine set up and after going on and on about having it I relented and had it. My midwife left to go to lunch and was replaced with someone else and a student. Within 20 minutes of having the pethadine the contractions had slowed right down and no irregularity. The midwife wasnít happy that it had been given to me when I was basically close to pushing. So much to my disgust the drip was turned up again to get them started again. It was at this stage that the pethadine really affected me and I felt like I had lost control of myself. I lost the ability to be able to focus on anything and was basically passing out between contractions. At one stage I woke up and had no idea where I was or what I was doing.

The original midwife came back in from lunch at this stage and was surprised to see me still going, next minute all I knew was other people rushing into the room and being told the doctor was being paged. I finally got it out of them that his heart rate was dropping drastically and he had to get out and now. Within a minute the doctor came running in and was going to do an internal and see where I was at but I had already decided I didnít care and had started to push. All I needed to hear was he had to come out and that was it, when they went to do the internal his head was there, with another push it was out and with that came his shoulders. In the end it was 3 minutes from being told he had to come out until he was born.

I was still out of it from the pethadine and had no idea what was going on, I didnít believe he was out and it was over. They placed him on my chest and it was then that I felt he stopped breathing and they were over straight away rubbing him down. It wasnít until afterwards that I found out it was the case.

So at 1:53pm, 4 hours and 53 minutes after my first contraction he came into the world.
DS October 06

December 7th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Megan30's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were giving birth at exactly the same time! And had some of the same scares! Great story!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search