Nicole Raegan Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 7th, 2006, 09:28 PM
mommaluvs2730's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I guess I got to start with when I was pregnant I had high blood pressure and I had seemed to gain quite a bit of weight. Nicole was around eight pounds as the doctor estimated. I went in for my check up at 39 weeks and she had asked me how badly I wanted to have her lol. I said pretty bad. She asked me if I wanted to be induced that coming weekend? She didnt like how my blood pressure kept going up and I had really bad swelling especially from the heat! So I said I would have to tell my boyfriend. She told me to call her with an answer.

We decided that we would do it because it was that or wait another week because she didnt want me to go past my due date. So I tell my work and I work up until the day before I was scheduled to go in. lol. We have about twenty mintues until we have to leave (mind you its late like 11 at night)and the nurse calls and says that I cant come in yet and they would call me sometime the next day to get me in!! We were pretty upset. So we go to sleep and they call at six in the morning and want us to be there by 7:15. We get there and it was sort of surreal. They start putting the miso in but it didnt really seem to be working. The doctor wanted my cervix to start softening because she said it wasnt favorable. We stayed there whole day and night and I had all the miso they could give me and still nothing was happening. I did have a few contractions but nothing that hurt. So they were probably braxton hicks. The doctor comes in the next morning and says that I could come back in on Tuesday or we could schedule a c section because she didnt think I would have a good chance of having her vaginally. We went ahead and schedule a c section rather than wait all that time and have to do one anyways. That whole day though my stomach was really really tight and it hurt to even move. She said that it would go away in time or that I might come in with my water broke.

I go home and Im hurting this whole time and just hanging out. We go to bed at eleven and all of a sudden I feel this little gurgle in my stomach and a gush of water!!! I was like omg my water just broke. We go to the hospital and Im still only dilated to 1 1/2 but the contractions were definately coming on. I knew I definately wanted an epidural but she said I could have some sort of iv medication and it works instantly. So I did and it did work great. I felt like I was on cloud 9 until an hour later. I waited it out a little longer and tried the whirlpool but it didnt seem to work. I tried the iv again but it didnt work and I waited it out again. Finally I said I wanted the epidural and they ordered one. That wasnt as bad as I thought it was going to be.
I start pushing later on and I guess I was pushing really hard but I couldnt really feel it. Josh was holding my deadweight legs up lol. They could see a little bit of her hair but after two hours of pushing she wouldnt budge. We decided c section and they gave me more anesthetic and wheeled me off to the operating room. Josh looked soo cute in his doctor shrubs The whole thing didnt take very long and I was quiet the whole time. Slowly tears were streaming down my eyes but I couldnt feel a thing. Finally I heard her cry and I really started to cry. She was sooo beautiful and we couldnt take our eyes off of her. They bundled her up and handed her to Josh and took pictures for us The sad thing is I didnt get to hold her right away because I was strapped down. Right when we got into the room I did though and fed her right away. That was the coolest thing. My family came in and were just looking her over and checking out her cute little bottom.

Sorry it was sooo long and I cut out a lot

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search