Caleb Glen

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2007, 01:01 PM
LuvCaleb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to LuvCaleb
I was always scared i would never know when i was in labor...wrong! i did know and it started on Friday March 31st. it was the worst pain ever and it lasted all weekend.

On saturday i was at target by myself and felt something running down my leg, i thought my water had broke so i went to the restroom and thought what i believed to be my mucous plug. i went home and then went to the dr. My water had not broke so i went home. Monday i called into work because my pain was so bad but i didnt want to go back to the hospital again. Monday night at 10pm my MIL made me go so we got everything loaded and headed to the hospital, they hooked me up to the monitors to watch me for awhile. They made me get on oxygen because i wasnt breathing very deep and he was not getting enough air. At that point it was scary but after a while it was getting better i could never have imagined what i was about to do. They admitted me in gave us our room and hooked me up to my pain IV.

I got some rest and then my water broke for real this time so they get me ready and wheeled me back into delivery, the guy came in and gave me my epidural...no big deal...and i had my bf helping coach me when to breath and when a big contraction was about to come. i was dialated to about a 9 and the dr. came in and said C's heartbeat was dropping from 160 to 60 during every contraction and that we couldnt chance it and we needed to get him out via c-section that he wasnt going to come out naturally.

They took me into another room and they had to put me completely out because i had already had the epi. and that didnt bother me but they couldnt let my bf be in the room with me so he had to wait outside the doors scared to death.

They ended up cutting me vertical on the outside and horizontaly across my stomach tissue, My little boy had the cord wrapped around his neck and wrapped underneath both arms. They immediately took him out to get cleaned up and let daddy see him!

They delivered my beautiful baby boy at 6:32 am Tuesday morning, unfortunatly i didnt wake up until 10 that morning but i was never so in love until i held my caleb for the very first time.

it was not the birth i had planned or pictured at all but it was something that had to be done, my first acting role of being a mother was to make that decision and have him be here happy and healthy.

i still have stretch marks, i still have a very large scar but i still have My beautiful Caleb.

April 4th 2006
Caleb Glen M.
6 lbs 9 oz.
20.5" long
Born via emergency c-section
January 7th, 2007, 07:10 PM
Firsttimemommy413's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow...i bet that was scary!!! i couldn't imagine not having my DH in the room with me! I was freaking out!

BTW Camdyn was born at 4:16 on April 4th via C-section....after alot of labor and pushing!!!
January 11th, 2007, 06:49 PM
kallie74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ya know, it's kinda cool that you waited to post his birth story... It's fun reading them now. Now that they're not newborns anymore!

christmas 2011 - so excited for Santa
March 25th, 2007, 10:36 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
yes, it is nice to be able to read a new birth story from someone we know.

caleb's almost 1!

why did they do the vertical cut on you??
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search