Caitlin Elizabeth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2007, 03:11 AM
BrandiiNikkii.*'s Avatar Mommy to Girls ♥
Caitlin Elizabeth

Born on Wednesday August 2nd, 2006
Emergency C-Section at 5am
Born at 5:11am
4 Pounds 7 Ounces
17 1/2 Inches

Caitlin was born 6 weeks early at 34 weeks. I had fell after I got outta the tub and was walking up the stairs. (my kitten attacked my leg & scared me...she was wanting to play with the strings of my shirts I was carring)
I wasnt hurting to much & didnt want to go in I called my IBirthplace & said for a far I would be monitord for 4 hours.(I didnt think noting was wrong so I didnt want to go 4 no reason) But my DH made me go. Which turn out to be a livesaver to me & Caitlin!

After being on the monitors for around 2hours Cailtins heart dropped into the low 60s. It did this 4 times. So they wanted to keep me overnight. When I got into my room & they were hooking me up again Her heartbeat was in the 60s and would go up it was like that for 9mins that we know of. I was put on oxygen,her heartbeat started to go back to normal.They called in a Midwife & a Doctor I was told that if she dropped again they would take her. I sent my husbad out to call my mom. shortly after that the doctors came in and told me that they were gonna take her by emergcy C-Section. My husband came in holding the scrubs and I was whelled out into the operating room. (I was in tears freaking out..I didnt want to give birth this way.)

As I got into the room they gave me my spainal(which hurt more than I expected) Nurse had to shake me cause I stopped breahing. At 5am they started the cutting she was born at 5:11am. (Which is also my birthday LOL) She came out crying so I knew she had to be doing pretty good. She weighted 4pounds 7ounces 17 1/2inces long. They whipped her off and let my DH hold her near me. As they put me back together she went back to the NICU.

In the NICU she was put on oxygen,hooked up to sugar water tube for her feedings & several monitors to watch her oxygen intake heart & breathing. She came off the oxygen around 4hours after birth. The sugar water IV around day 3. but stayed on the monitors till the day she left. She got up to11.9 on janduice so went on a BillyLight. But came off that after 4days. She also went down to 4pounds 0.5ounces in weight.
She was in the NICU for 1weeks & 3days. I stayed there with her the whole time (other than leaving for a hour or so to go home) Our NICU allows parents to stay in the room the babys have diffrent rooms & all rooms have bed for the parents to sleep in.

She came home after a 2week NICU stay.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search