Blake Michael

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2007, 08:15 PM
peanutpie's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to peanutpie
After being over due I am sent to the hospital to be induced on September 9th. They get me all hooked up to the monitors and then insert Cervidil. I was having some contractions - but nothing terrible. DH Got settled in on the pull out bed and I slept. Next morning I wake up around 7:00 AM - the nurse takes out the cervadil and says I'm about a 2. I took a shower and then they came back and started the Pitocin. Things start out really slow. My mom and dad came up - my dad took my DH out for lunch - me and my mom chatted. I was about a 3 at noon. Then they turned up the pitocin - and my contractions got harder. I was in some pain - but not too bad. I think we were watching some sort of football game. Can't quite remember. But then my contractions were getting bad - long and hard with not much of a break in between. DH did a WONDERFUL job in coaching me. I got a shot of Stadol - as soon as the nurse put it in my IV Line I start feeling dizzy. I told her that and she reassures me it's normal. Withiin 5 minutes I am asleep! My DH said I was sleeping so hard I was snoring loudly!! After about 2 hours I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. DH had to help me unhook the monitor and everything and help with my IV Pole. I get up out of bed - he is busy unplugging the IV from the wall and I said hurry up I have to go now - I am already going! Then Sploosh!! My water broke all over the hospital room floor! I stood there not knowing what the heck to do - so DH went and got the nurse. This is about 8:00 PM. There was meconium in the water so they new to have the neonatal nurse staff ready in case of infection. After all of that they checked me again - I was about a 4.5 - my contractions were awful - Enter - the most wonderful guy on planet earth - the giver of my epidural! It was not bad at all - all I felt was a prick with the numbing stuff. It went very smoothly. Finally resting comfortably. Things slowed down then a little. Both DH and I got some sleep. At about 2:30 they checked me and I was a 5. 25 minutes later I am feeling pressure - I call the nurse - she checks me - I am a 10!! My DH is awake and comes to my side. They call my Dr. She gets there and it's time to push - thank goodness cuz I felt SO much pressure. I started pushing at 3:40 AM - and kept pushing and pushing and pushing.. The baby's head was not coming down straight - it was turned a little bit. Finally at 7:00 AM after 3 1/2 hours of pushing I say enough is enough - do something. They gave me the option of trying the vacuum or c-section. They said they thought it would only take 1 good push with the vacuum and he'd be out. I said perfect - I have about 1 good push left. So - the vacuum it was. And with 1 push and 1 scream out came his head. He had the cord wrapped around his neck so they had to cut it right then. Then one more push and he was out. He didn't cry right away which made me nervous - but after about 35 seconds he was crying. I was crying - DH was crying. He was perfect - Apgars were 9 and 10. He hadn't swallowed any meconium either so that was great. I tore pretty badly and had a lot of stitches - but he was worth it!!!

many thanks to lynaiah2002 for my siggie
January 28th, 2007, 02:36 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
wow you had a long labour! There was also meconium inside me and as soon as that happened Sebi was sucked out, they didnt even ask me! I also didnt have the worry of going to the loo...the midwife took care of that. Congrats on Blake!

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

February 17th, 2007, 10:57 PM
Miranda and Maria's mommy's Avatar Not Mike's girl
Wow...that is a long labour.....thanks for sharing.

If I'm not here, find me on that other website

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search