Landon Keith

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Regular
Send a message via AIM to crys82g
Landon was our bigest suprise every. I call him the most unplanned baby there ever was. I was working Madalyn was in 1st grade, Collin would be starting kindergarten the next fall and Aden gone to pre-school. In January of 2006 I went to my normal yearly check up with Dr. Ringhoffer, She said Every thing was great. I was a perfect weight at 132, and she said I had the best firm 3 baby tummy she'd ever see. About 2 weeks later I had been having head achs and feeling a little sick so I decided to take a pregnancy test. I was soo sure it would be neg. I did not wait in the bathroom to see. I sat it down and helped Madalyn with her homework. ( I was taking my birthcontrol every day to where I never had a period.) I rememberd it a little wile latter and decided to go throw it a way before one of the kids got it. I was schocked when it was positive. I started crying and called Jason into the bed room and handed him the test. He put the kids in the bad and we went to bed we agreed with all of the problems I would call and go see the doctor the next morning. She was suprised to see me. Told me not to worrie about the drinks I had or the diet I had been on because Being that my test was neg. 2 weeks before when I was at her office I couldn't be more that 4 weeks along. I went for an Ultrasound just to be sure and I was almost 10weeks. I don't know who was more confused about tht me or the doctor. We saw the heart beating, Head, hands, and the feet were forming. They gave me a due date of September 17th 2006. I got the shots again lke I did with Aden until I was 13 weeks so I got 4 of them. I was seen every week until 13 weeks then at 16weeks we found out we were having another boy. I went at 20 weeks and restarted the shots to see if that would help me make it until 35 weeks. at 24 weeks I passed the 1hr. sugar test something I had never done before, and started stroid shots to help with the baby's lungs just in case he was born. I was being seen every week getting two shots and getting my cervix checked too. I did nothing but doctors appointments on wed.
At 25 weeks I was put on bed rest because I was soft, 1cm and 25%. I stayed the same until I was 30weeks and she then said I could get up some but should spend most of the time sitting or laying down. At my 31 week check up I had a contraction that morning so we checked and I was 2cm. 50% but he was high. I got an ultrasound and he was breach and foot first, I was given a weight of 4pound 1ounce. I was then hooked up to a monitor and I had 4 contractions in 20 mins. I only felt one of them and it did not hurt much. I was taken next door to the hospital by my doctor I was given meds to slow the contractions 2 shots. I got an IV and some meds through it too. They took alot of blood and asked alot of questions. About an hr after I got ther I was having contractions again so we were going to try the Last med. It has alot of side effects for me so my doctor decided to check me first I was 5-6 cm 100% and she could feel his feet. So I was then preped for an emergency c-section The reson well if my water was to brake I was dialated enough for his feet to fall through but not for his head to coume out. There for he would have hung himself. That was a risk I was not going to take. I knew having a 31weeker preemie was a risk to. But it was the safer of the two. I was trying to call Jason but I was not diling 9 to get an out side line so I never got to talk to him or to my mom. I got the nurse to get me my cell phone So I could call April, I decided to use my cell, and I got through to her but she was an hr. away, She called Jason for me and of course got him on the first try. Then called mom, got her and then on her way called a friend - Abby who got there first. I was already in the OR when she got there. She told them she was my sister, so they would let her back with me. She was already in scrubs, and ready to come in when the Nurse came running down the hall yelling,, WAIT, WAIT, HER HUSBAND IS HERE, HER HUSBAND IS HERE!!!!!!!!! I busted out in tears. I had already been given a spinal, for pain and she waited on Jason to suit up he walked in putting on his hat and mask, sat by my head and she made the first cut. I believe I cried the entire time. I remeber wanting to throw up and gaging alot. I am not sure if I ever did throw up. I heard them using the suction and then he cried. His cry was strong. Dr. Ringhoffer said It's a boy!! The nurses asked his name and Dr. Ringhoffer said Landon Right?? I remember hearing the nurse say welcome baby Landon. They took some pictures for me, got him some what stable, held him up for me to see and took him to the nursey. Wile he was still in the OR with me I could see him kicking on the warming table, I wanted nothing more than just to get over there to hold him. Make him warm and keep him safe. Dr. Peevey came back and said, he migt be able to stay at that hospital. He said he was breathing good and we would just have to wait and see. As soon as they were done and was moving me ack to my recovery rom, I started feeling pain. Dr. said I should not have been able to feel my feet yet. I lifted my leg and she went a head and ordered my pain med pump, and I took some thing by mouth. Right after that Dr. Peevey run in and said The transport team was coming to get the baby, His oxagen needs were increasing fast and he was in danger of lung damage if we did not move fast. He gave Jason a bunch of papers to sign, He tried to explain to e what they were but I couldn't tell you what they were. I was cring and told him to please just take care of Landon. and please don't let him die. The trasport team brought him to my room before they took him to childrens hospital. I could not really see his face but every one including my other kids were there and got to see the baby and took some great pictures.

Everyone Left when they took me to my room. My mom and dad when to get the kids something to eat. and Jason went home to take a shower get my bag that I had packed 2 days before and then to the NICU to see Landon and take some pictures for me. NO one came back that night. Except for Jason, he staied the night with me. No one even called that 1st night. I cried myself to sleep that night.

I left the hospital on the 22nd and went right to the hospital Landon was at and got to hold him. I was 1st to hold him. I was i tons of pain and still had staples from the c-section. I felt better everyday, and felt good around 6 weeks, but still sore.

Landon came home 58days later. He is a fighter.

I am a proud NICU Mom!!!!!!!

February 11th, 2007, 05:22 AM
mrsdutch's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to mrsdutch
wow how scary! Im glad you got through it though and Landon is a precious baby!

Angels Bright from Starry height, change my mind and being with light!

February 12th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Loving_My_Boys's Avatar Mommy to Jacob & Hayden
I love these stories!! I am in tears! What a strong little boy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search