Better Late then Never....Madison Joyce May 04, 2006

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Mandi_Lin
Madison was my first baby.....a little girl...when I heard the news I was having a girl I just dreamed of buying clothes...playing dolls and one day planning a wedding with my little princess. She was due on April 29, 2006. I had several close encounters of preterm labor...at one point at 28 weeks they gave her a shot of hormones to help develope her lungs. We thought for sure she was gonna be there that night, but she decided she wasn't ready to arrive just yet. Well as my due date neared and I got more and more uncomfortable on bedrest...I was thinking ok anyday now she is gonna arrive I was dialating she just wasn't ready yet...My due date came and went I was 4 CM and 80% effaced and she still wasn't ready. Well on May 01, 2006 I lost my Mucos Plug...when I called the doctor she said well it could be from 2 hours to 2 weeks...so it was a waiting game. I can remember just wondering if I would know for sure when my water broke....well at 3:00 AM Thursday May 04, 2006 I started having these weird pains in my stomach...so I started the timer...I knew it was the real thing by 3:15 AM, but I was hoping I could wait until 7:00 AM to leave to go to the hospital becuase David was still at work and I couldn't get ahold of him. I decided at 4:00 AM I just couldn't wait they were 3-4 min apart and starting to feel the pain. I got in the car and drove 45 miles to the hospital all by myself...I got there at 4:50 AM and went to the ER. The ER said "Oh great there is another one..." They called up to L&D and I had to wait 10 min before I got a room because they had 10 girls up there thinking they too may be in labor. I decided to call my MIL after they hooked me up to the monitor and said it was the real thing. My MIL showed up at about 6:15 AM and I was in pain.. I am glad I decided not to wait for my husband to get home because at 6:59 AM my water broke...and yes you do know when it happens...it was like 2 gallons of water coming out of you at the same time with no way to control it. My water just happened to be green...that ment that Madison had a BM inside of me. At 7:00 my MIL called my husband and told him I was in labor and to grab my bag and everything I would need....I lived 45 min away I expected him no later then 9:00 AM..he didn't show up until 10:45 AM. I started getting really bad contractions and I asked for my EPI...well they gave me a med called Nubain...which caused me to have an instant seizure. My doctor came in and checked me I was 6 CM and 100% and still no EPI. My husband tried really hard to be my labor coach, but everytime he touched me I yelled at him...I was in pain ladies!!! So he sat back and played his new PSP videogame system and his mom ended up being my couch. The pain was getting worse and worse still no EPI....I had another seziure at around 1:00 PM...the doctor started talking about giving me a C-section, but instead I finally got my EPI...at 2:00 PM guess what I was then at 9 CM...might as well had nothing at all. It didn't work! I started pushing at 2:30 PM....I had yet another seziure at 3:05 PM, but kept going cause I knew I could do this. I felt her head finally come out and the burning feeling started then all at once I felt this gush....I said what was that and my MIL said that was your baby...she is here...but I didn't hear her crying....

Madison Joyce was born at 3:34 PM she weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 20 inches long.

What had happened was Madison had the cord wrapped around her neck 2 times...when her head came out hte doctor went to unwrap the cord when it busted into two...more like exploded causing blood to go everywhere including the doctors face..clear to the other side of the room. The doctor grabbed Madison and pulled her out of me causing me to tear top to bottom 4th dagree. They had to give Madison some oxogen because she wasn't breathing on her own..her Apgar score was 6 for the 1st reading and 8 for her 2nd..
Her father was the first to hold her...I didn't get to hold her until I got all of my stiches and to make sure I wasn't going to have any more seizures. 2 hours later I held my little Princess for the first time...she was beautiful and looked just like her father..
I never had the whole wait after the baby and push the placenta out...when Madison was born the placenta came with her...I had a corrisive sick placenta and the cord was ruptured inside of me...the doctors say it was lucky Madison and I lived...they advised me not to have anymore children, but you all know how they went.
I am now 28 weeks pregnant here goes number 2 with my little Prince.
February 19th, 2007, 08:12 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing your story!! How scary having seizures then having the cord around her neck!! Hopefully things will go smoother with your little boy. Is it just me or were you going to name Robert something else before?

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
February 19th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Mandi_Lin
I hope it goes better too.. and yes we were at first going to name him David Robert then James Robert and finally came to the conclusion Robert Samuel would be the most fitting.
February 21st, 2007, 05:07 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
thanks for sharing your story.

that must have been scary having seizers. I hope things go better this time.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

February 23rd, 2007, 07:25 AM
Morwen's Avatar Regular
Thanks for sharing your story indeed... I can't believe you drove yourself to the hospital!!! I had dreams about that all the time...

And congratulations, a son!!!

good luck with everything and I hope this delivery goes much smoother for you..

~
February 23rd, 2007, 08:26 PM
Brittainy412's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow.... How scary, Ia m glad you both pulled through.
Member of the May 2006 Playroom</span></div></div><div align="center">Wanting to Concieve, but Waiting to Try</div><div align="center">Don't like the Police? Next time you are in trouble...Call a crack head!</div><div align="center">A Very Warm THANK YOU to Fingerscrossed for this beautiful signature graphic.</div><div align="center"><div align='center'></div></div>
April 16th, 2007, 06:40 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
wow.... i know how the 4th degree tear feels girl..not good! hope you have a better birth the 2nd time around
March 8th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Mandi_Lin
Quote:
Madison was my first baby.....a little girl...when I heard the news I was having a girl I just dreamed of buying clothes...playing dolls and one day planning a wedding with my little princess. She was due on April 29, 2006. I had several close encounters of preterm labor...at one point at 28 weeks they gave her a shot of hormones to help develope her lungs. We thought for sure she was gonna be there that night, but she decided she wasn't ready to arrive just yet. Well as my due date neared and I got more and more uncomfortable on bedrest...I was thinking ok anyday now she is gonna arrive I was dialating she just wasn't ready yet...My due date came and went I was 4 CM and 80% effaced and she still wasn't ready. Well on May 01, 2006 I lost my Mucos Plug...when I called the doctor she said well it could be from 2 hours to 2 weeks...so it was a waiting game. I can remember just wondering if I would know for sure when my water broke....well at 3:00 AM Thursday May 04, 2006 I started having these weird pains in my stomach...so I started the timer...I knew it was the real thing by 3:15 AM, but I was hoping I could wait until 7:00 AM to leave to go to the hospital becuase David was still at work and I couldn't get ahold of him. I decided at 4:00 AM I just couldn't wait they were 3-4 min apart and starting to feel the pain. I got in the car and drove 45 miles to the hospital all by myself...I got there at 4:50 AM and went to the ER. The ER said "Oh great there is another one..." They called up to L&D and I had to wait 10 min before I got a room because they had 10 girls up there thinking they too may be in labor. I decided to call my MIL after they hooked me up to the monitor and said it was the real thing. My MIL showed up at about 6:15 AM and I was in pain.. I am glad I decided not to wait for my husband to get home because at 6:59 AM my water broke...and yes you do know when it happens...it was like 2 gallons of water coming out of you at the same time with no way to control it. My water just happened to be green...that ment that Madison had a BM inside of me. At 7:00 my MIL called my husband and told him I was in labor and to grab my bag and everything I would need....I lived 45 min away I expected him no later then 9:00 AM..he didn't show up until 10:45 AM. I started getting really bad contractions and I asked for my EPI...well they gave me a med called Nubain...which caused me to have an instant seizure. My doctor came in and checked me I was 6 CM and 100% and still no EPI. My husband tried really hard to be my labor coach, but everytime he touched me I yelled at him...I was in pain ladies!!! So he sat back and played his new PSP videogame system and his mom ended up being my couch. The pain was getting worse and worse still no EPI....I had another seziure at around 1:00 PM...the doctor started talking about giving me a C-section, but instead I finally got my EPI...at 2:00 PM guess what I was then at 9 CM...might as well had nothing at all. It didn't work! I started pushing at 2:30 PM....I had yet another seziure at 3:05 PM, but kept going cause I knew I could do this. I felt her head finally come out and the burning feeling started then all at once I felt this gush....I said what was that and my MIL said that was your baby...she is here...but I didn't hear her crying....

Madison Joyce was born at 3:34 PM she weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 20 inches long.

What had happened was Madison had the cord wrapped around her neck 2 times...when her head came out hte doctor went to unwrap the cord when it busted into two...more like exploded causing blood to go everywhere including the doctors face..clear to the other side of the room. The doctor grabbed Madison and pulled her out of me causing me to tear top to bottom 4th dagree. They had to give Madison some oxogen because she wasn't breathing on her own..her Apgar score was 6 for the 1st reading and 8 for her 2nd..
Her father was the first to hold her...I didn't get to hold her until I got all of my stiches and to make sure I wasn't going to have any more seizures. 2 hours later I held my little Princess for the first time...she was beautiful and looked just like her father..
I never had the whole wait after the baby and push the placenta out...when Madison was born the placenta came with her...I had a corrisive sick placenta and the cord was ruptured inside of me...the doctors say it was lucky Madison and I lived...they advised me not to have anymore children, but you all know how they went.
I am now 28 weeks pregnant here goes number 2 with my little Prince.[/b]

A little late I know but I wanted to add a birth picture of Madison:

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search