"My little luv bug!"

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Hi everyone i am new to this site and decided to post!

Well ill start off at 35 weeks, at 35 weeks i decided to ditch my doc(i know crazy) and get a new one. Its a long story. When i went in for an appt with the new doc. she kept measuring me with disbelief, she said that i was measuring 42 in! i was at that time 37 weeks she then set up an appt to have an US to measure the baby. The ultrasound said 7 1/2 lbs. At my 38 week appt. i was still measuring big so she decided to induce me early.. the earlies the hospital allowed it was 39 weeks and 1 day. So i went in sunday night august 20th to start the induction process. They gave me cervidil and a sleeping aid. Sunday morning at 8 am they began the pitocin and about a half an hour later my contractions started. At first not that bad painful but not like the screaming in pain. When they broke my water was the funny part! The doctor slid back in her chair as she broke it and i heard a huge gush off water. LoL IT LITERALLY SOUNDED LIKE A BUCKET OF WATER HIT THE FLOOR LOL. Before the doc even left the room it pooled all together and it was like sitting in a kitty pool, then it leaked all over the floor. The nurse reasurred me it was ok it happens. But then it happend again 5 mins later, and again and again. I could tell now that the nurse was beginning to get annoyed. They had broken my water at 1230 and by around 230 i was begging for the epidural. My contractions after breaking the water were ontop of each other. I had about 10 to 30 seconds between contractions which were lasting a minute to a minute and a half. IT was terrible. But the epidural was the worst .... i was leaned over and my fiance had to be out of the room... i was having at that point none stop contractions and because i was sitting up i felt them worse. This also affected my leaking faucet lol... i didnt know until i laid back down... but i had leaked all over the bed and my water had leaked all over nurses shoes and the floor and she had to do a quick mop of the floor AGAIN LoL. NOw i can laugh about it but it was really embarasing! By this time my stomach was half it size and the doc came back in to check me. She said that i had something i forget what its called but pretty much its excess fluid. Anyways, she checked me and i dilated a lil more but Braylins head was still way up high. After another hour or so she came in and i was the same. My doc then decided that the baby was probably to big and thats why shes not pushing her head down on the cervix. I agreed and thats when the HORROR really began!

So now after getting put on the table and my fiance was brought in i am nervous but excited. When all of a sudden i felt burning almost like someone was putting rubbing alchohal on a cut! (i later realized it was the iodine on my stretch marks) i told them i felt something.. then i feel a huge pinch! I jumped and yelped becuase i thought they were cutting me! then my doc said " you felt that, i said YESSS.. then she was liek what did it feel like?" and i told her! I felt more of the epi go down my back and i thought it was all right... IT WASNT! at first i didnt feel and then i did it was the most traumatizing and painful experience i have ever had! The pain took the breath out of me and i felt like i couldnt tell the doc. but the anestesialogist (SP) saw this and shot me up with like 3 diff. pain meds. I slipped into la la land... but i could still feel everything but it was like i kept forgetting it. Like when your drunk and you just keep forgetting what your inthe middle of talking about. Anyways they pull her out, which i dont remember. I get really sad cause I dont remember her first cry or anything or them showing me her. Anyways, Joe(my fiance') went with the baby... next thing I know I am in the recovery room. THis was awful as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I remember was pain I felt like I was still on the operating table! this was becuase the drugs ran out and the epi never worked so its like feeling your surgery 20 mins after it was done. I cried like I have never cried in my life.. and I did this for 3 1/2 hours. I remember crying so hard I couldnt breathe and the nurse was saying brittany you need to breath your O2 keeps dropping. I also remember someone saying all the drugs they gave me in the OR and the nurse was like shes still awake! At this point my fiance wouldnt leave my side... thank god, he told me later that he was scared for my life he thought I was dying because how pale I was and how I was acting. The nurses and docs that were hovering around me wouldnt give me pain meds because my Blood Pressure was 60/30. SO i cried and cried for 3 and a half hours until finally a lady ran in shot me with a needle in the leg and 15 mins later. I felt no pain... but I was drained!!!!

Braylin had been born at 7:10 pm
I was rolled out of recovery at 11:30 pm
I saw her for the first time, that i can remember, at 1230 at night.
It was so weird to see her, it was if i wasnt sure if she was mine, plus i was crazy groggy!

Later they found why the drugs were kind of working .. it was because the iv that was in my arm had moved out of my vein.

SO, thankfully the most painful and traumatizing thing in my life was followed by the best thing thats ever happened to me!
Braylin was 10lbs 6.8oz 20 1/4 inces long!

Has anyone had a c section and the meds not work or no someone else.. I feel all alone!!!

i had to edit this thing because i accidentally had deleted a whole pgh

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
April 12th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Oh my gosh, you poor thing! That is the scary side of inductions.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
April 13th, 2007, 08:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Pretty much this exact same thing happened to my sister with her c-section almost 5 years ago. My niece was only 7lbs 9oz though. I had 2 epidurals put in that wore off within an hour each, followed by a c-section I had to be completely knocked out for. Our families birth stories are not fun. Luckily you had a beautiful (big!) healthy baby in the end!!!

April 14th, 2007, 02:36 PM
RachelC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to RachelC
OMG! I can't believe you felt everything! That is so scary!

You're definitely a trooper, girl!

Thank you RaspberryBeret for my gorgeous siggy!

April 14th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
whew really, that makes since they put her out.. i am have thought about that, like why didnt they just friggin STOP and put me to sleep. Oh well at least i am not alone!!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
April 20th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy

I had to go back and read some of this twice! I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience! I hope next time is better for you (if that is in your future).
June 13th, 2007, 09:43 PM
ツMeagan's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's horrible! I'm so sorry you had to go through that! I didn't have time for an epi or any pain meds, and I thought that was bad!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search