Sage Silvino

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2007, 04:20 PM
SagesMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to SagesMommy
Here's my story...Share my pain lol

On May 22nd at around 9:30 am I woke up from a dead sleep with some cramps. They weren't very bad so I figured gas or something and went back to sleep. At 10:30 I woke up again from them. They were still light but I went to the bathroom and discovered a little bit of show...I didn't know what it was so I hopped on the computer to find out what was going on. This being my first child I had no idea what to expect. Someone on the forum I was using at the time told me that she thought it was PTL. I knew that that can last ages so I didn't think much of it. Mind you my bag wasn't packed or anything yet...I went about my day as usual until around 4pm when my First really bad contraction hit. I had never felt anything like that but still didnt really know what was going on in there. Another one came an hour later and I figured that this was it but I knew not to go into the hospital until they were closer. At 6pm they started coming closer, 1o minutes apart until about 2am. Then they went to 5 minutes apart. I live only a 5 minute drive from the hospital so I called them so see if I should come in. They told me wait until they were 3 minutes apart as there wasn't space at the time. Triage was full already and there wasn't a room either. Well the contractions stayed 5 mins apart until 6am. Then they were 4 minutes apart and I called my mom to help talk through them, mind you the pain was so bad by then I couldn't talk much. I stayed on the phone for an hour. At shortly after 7 Michael got out of bed and showered. He called his dad who was on call to drive us but couldn't get him. So we called a friend of ours who drives and knew to be ready at the drop of a hat. We told him to be here as soon as possible. By the time he got here 15 minutes later my contractions were 1 minute apart and lasted 1 minute each. I didn't even know they could progress so quickly! We got to the hospital less than 5 minutes later and waddled up to Triage on the 7th floor.

**SideNote: My friend driving was so funny, he is a young guy, just turned 18 and had never been in this situation. He was yelling at traffic to move, lights to change color, it was so funny, meanwhile I am screaming bloody murder in the back. My boyfriend couldn't help but laugh at our friend.**

They checked all my stats and checked to see how far dialated I was, I was 6cm. They asked if I wanted the epi, Of course I said I did. By the time they got a wheelchair, from down the hall got it to me, and got me to the delivery room to check me again, I was 9cm. The guy came in to do the epi and they told him it was too late. TOO LATE???? WHAT DO YOU MEAN TOO LATE!? IM NOT DOING THIS WITHOUT IT!!
I'm sorry ma'am but you don't have a choice.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

The doctor came in to check me again, My OB wasn't even there yet! It was a few minutes after 9 and my OB isnt in until 9:30am.

Dr told me that I was 9cm and that he could see the baby's head. I was in so much pain I didn't even care, I just wanted the baby out NOW!

Time to push. Push Push Push, head's out, It felt like I was burning when his hair came out. I kicked the doctor accidentally, and she told me that she gets that a lot. They made a cut (which I don't know the details of), out came his shoulders a couple of pushes later.

And the rest just slid out. When he was out I said and I quote "oh, that felt good". The nurse laughed.

Michael didn't want to cut the cord. They put Sage in my arms and he was perfect.

When they took him to weigh him for some reason I could only see 4 fingers on one hand, I said I only see 4 fingers, there's only 4. The nurse told me don't worry they are all there. Sigh of relief.

One more push and the placenta was out. It felt like a giant mushy jellybean.

They stitched me up (only needed a couple) and I got to relax for a minute while they cleaned Sage off. It is just before 9:30am. They finished admitting me now- yup there wasn't time before hand.

All cleaned off and ready to eat. Sage started nursing within 15 minutes of birth.

Hubby made our calls to his side and I called my side of the family "we have a baby!"

April 15th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Brittainy412's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So labor was about 24 hours for you... Congratualations on Sage!!
Member of the May 2006 Playroom</span></div></div><div align="center">Wanting to Concieve, but Waiting to Try</div><div align="center">Don't like the Police? Next time you are in trouble...Call a crack head!</div><div align="center">A Very Warm THANK YOU to Fingerscrossed for this beautiful signature graphic.</div><div align="center"><div align='center'></div></div>
April 16th, 2007, 06:33 AM
melissa29624's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to melissa29624
wow, that's an exciting birth story!
April 18th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Sounds long and painful, that sucks that you were too late for the Epi.

Doesn't sound to bad though, congrats on your son. He is adorable. Are you still nursing?

Also, congrats on the new pregnancy

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

April 18th, 2007, 06:31 PM
cheesecake's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
When he was out I said and I quote "oh, that felt good". The nurse laughed.[/b]

Thanks for sharing your birth story with us!

Sherilyn ~ Mama to Jade & Colt
May 1st, 2007, 11:19 AM
Dayna1
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Quote:
When he was out I said and I quote "oh, that felt good". The nurse laughed.[/b]

Thanks for sharing your birth story with us!
[/b][/quote]

I was going to post the same thing!

No epi? Oh god, I would have died!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search