Baylee's Birth-day

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2007, 06:02 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to tsouthern1134
HI! I'm new here and decided this was a good place to start!

I have a very uneventful pregnancy....some wickid...long lasting morning sickness for about six and a half months but other than that no complications or anything.

at 36 weeks I went to the dr and he was at the hospital delivering a baby sooo I just saw the nurse she just checked my vitals and listened to the heartbeat. my Blood pressure was a little high but nothing to worry about. soooo the next wed. I went to the dr again and they took my BP again and it was WAY high....I'm thinking GREAT no wonder I've been soooo swollen and miserable. soooo I laid on my left side for about an hour and they took my BP again....still high....soooo I laid on my left side some more......STILL HIGH.....sooo a little while later here comes the dr "If I can get you in at the hospital I want to induce you tomorrow morning"........my jaw hits the floor.....TOMORROW ARE YOU SURE? lol I was SHOCKED and scared and happy....and scared.....and excited...and scared....ok not just SCARED....TERRIFIED!

SO I went to the hospital to be monitored for awhile and sent my husband home to work on getting things ready because we were sooooo not ready to be having a baby TOMORROW. we were still putting last minute touches on the nursery and hadn't even picked up her crib or installed her carseat or things like that. soooo I laid there being monitored PRAYING they were gunna let me go home for the night and come home in the morning...which they did THANK GOODNESS cus I had a ton of things to do......

SOOO after a long long long sleepless night I wake hubby at at 4am (had to be there at 5) and we head to the hospital to be induced....I love my husband dearly but I wanted to beat him that morning....I was not allowed to eat after 10pm the night before and he stops to get him some breakfast on the way to the hospital. it's ok I still love him. so we get to the hospital and they start the pitocin and wait. When I went in I was dialated to a 2.......the dr came in later that morning and checked me....still not progress.....said he'd be back at lunch time to check on me......wait some more....watch tv...chat with the only nice nurse....still no progress. lunch time....the dr comes in checks me again.....progressed ONE FREAKIN CENTIMETER....he says "if you havent progressed enough by the time I come back I'm gunna do a csection" and I have a nervous breakdown......bawling and freaking out....terrified AGAIN. the nurse had thought that I would be far enough to break my water....the dr didn't want to......looking back his reasoning was very selfish....he didn't want to break my water because he didn't want to have to leave the office and come back in a couple hours......and he was going to do a csection so he wouldn't have to come back in the middle of the night.....That is the LAST time I will use that dr.

soooooo when I finally finish breaking down....the nurse gave me some demerol to help me relax for a little while and maybe get some sleep and they kicked everyone cept hubby outta the room. and he's sitting by my bed looking at me and I'm feeling extremely loopy from the demerol. I would just look at him and start LAUGHING sooo hard....then I would calm down but everytime I looked at him....I couldn't help but laugh...not sure WHAT was sooo funny. soooo the nice nurse told me to try to sleep or she was gunna kick justin out til I fell asleep. lol eventually....I fell asleep. a few hours later....wake up....progressed...one more freakin centimeter.....11 freakin hours of labor and only progressed TWO FREAKIN CENTIMETERS lol

sooooo I heard the nurse say the dr is on his way in to check me again...I looked at her and told her "Tell him to go home....I am NOT having a Csection and we don't need him to deliver this baby" lol I was a little crazy. soooooo dr came in....broke my water after I told him I WAS NOT having a csection. and OMG then the pain started sssoooo they started the blood work to get my epi and the stupid lady lost one of thhe tubes. soooo she came back to get another tube......and stabbed me HARD with the needle. I looked at her and said "you F-IN stabbed me" like i said I was a lil crazy. soooo they gave me some more demerol to calm me a lil while i waited for the epi and that just upset me...all i could say was... "those werent the right happy drugs" and i had my MIL 2 inches from my face telling me to relax and breath.....its not that bad she did it 3 times with out drugs you just have to relax and breath......she was breathing on my face.....i told her "STOP BREATHING ON ME NOW!" soooooo she keeps on......sooo i finally get mad...."I don't wanna freakin relax! leave me alone".....all along justin is sitting quietly in the corner only talking to me or getting close to me if i asked him to. lol I think he was scared.

so the anestiologist finally shows up.....and I'm telling you I was SCARED TO DEATH of the epi....I mean a needle in the spine....sounds like no picnic....then they kicked my husband out and told me that no one could be in there while I got the epi. and again....I was hysterical. scared to death. but the nice nurse held my hands! and talked to me and got me calmed down enough to do it....and the epi guy just kept chit chatting I was like COME ON...lets get this show on the road.....and honest to goodness I never felt the epi needle.....but it was instant relief well worth the fear and stuff.

sooooo there comes more sleep..............and then the nurse came in to check me again telling me i was only an 8......I was like ok whatever....justin goes to the bathroom and while he was gone the nurse was still in the room filling out some paper work...I was like OMG I have to push.....she's like NOOO DON'T PUSH DON'T PUSH.....I have to check you....I'm like....I can't NOT push lady...I have no controll lol....soooo within a matter of maybe 5-10 mins I dialated to a 10 justin came back just as I was getting ready to push...(I don't remember him leaving......I was told this all after the fact) lol and I pushed for maybe 10 mins and here comes baby........lol I was a spaz I kept asking the dr everytime he picked something up...WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!? lol and he held up my beautiful cone headed baby girl.....she was perfect.....APGAR scores of 8 and 9 the nurses handed her to justin....and I guess he didn't think that I might want to hold her lol he was too overwhelmed i think....finally I asked *pouty lipped* "can i hold her?" him`~~> OH YEAH HERE! lol she was absolutly perfect....

GAWD I am sittin here crying typing all this....

I can't believe how much she has grown up...lol everyone came in to see her....and I fell asleep lol waking up about 2 or 3 hours later I think lol and we switched rooms....and justin conked out in the chair beside my bed.....and they brought me my angel....and I held her and just cried and cried and cried because life was wonderful.

It was absolutly the most amazing thing I have ever experienced in my life.

ok I'm going to go bawl now ...happy tears its ok
April 21st, 2007, 08:07 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 22nd, 2007, 10:40 PM
Veteran
Quote:
[/b]
I can't believe I bawled while typing that....I love my lil turkey.....I can't believe she is 6 months old
June 3rd, 2007, 08:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Starzy Send a message via MSN to Starzy
awe... taryn that was a great birth story! it is still emotional for me to think of Madelyn's birth too... its an amazing moment.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 6th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Veteran
Quote:
awe... taryn that was a great birth story! it is still emotional for me to think of Madelyn's birth too... its an amazing moment.[/b]
It really is amazing. I honestly don't think anyone could understand until they experience...I know i didn't. But it is LIFE CHANGING. I mean....don't get me wrong...I do love my husband....but I have NEVER loved someone like I love my little girl. she IS my life. and you really don't get the magnitude of it all until you actually go through the whole experience. I dunno if I will ever be able to think about baylees birth without getting teary eyed

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search