Olivia Sarah

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2007, 02:54 AM
amyla
my baby girl was born today. well, a YEAR AGO TODAY!!! sorry i was so late with the birth story.... i never posted one because, i was computerless and the first month was really tough. anywho...here goes...

had a great memorial day weekend...celebrated big daddy's bday on the 29th (his bday is may 30). soooo....the evening of the 29th we had a fabu cookout and opened presents and then he took his son back to his mommy's house and i was feeling a bit 'off'. i stayed home while he traveled and tried to go to bed...my back was uncomfortable...couldn't get comfy....james returned around 11:15. i went down three flights of stairs and said "i think it's time".

we jumped into the two seater (i said it had to be that car since i'd probably not be riding in it for a LONG time)...drove to the hospital...AGH...which is about 3 seconds from our home in PGH. as soon as I got out at the emergency room, the guy said, what's the probl...OH....saw the belly. they got me in ASAP....

saw the dr. that i had seen a few weeks back due to dehydration. i was 3cm dilated. i prayed to her 'do not send me home, lets get this show on the road and get this over with!!!!!' she yelled at me for being at the pool all day and being in the sun....well, old habits die hard.

they gave me a shot of demerol for back labor (keep in mind, i am not opposed to drugs of any kind to make me happy and comfy). jim and i slept, or as he says tried to sleep....around 10am i got an epi........life is great. i am feeling nothing but happiness.......

not progressing. but i am feeling so spunky and fab. my mom is there. jim is there. what else do i need?? on the phone with friends, feeling great...but... still not progressing. they are actually showing me on the printouts when i have contractions. -girls...this is the WAY to go-

then around 4pm on may 30th, the dr says, we need to take you in for a c-section since your water was broken so many hours ago.... at that point, no matter how fluffy i felt, i was ready to get this over with.....i was so so so hungry i was about to DIE. ice chips don't cut it. i wanted to EAT!!!!!

at 4:58pm, may 30, 2006 my sweet little babush was born. she wasn't doing anything at first and we were scared....she just squeeked. but then all was well. and i almost puked from all the drugs i guess...so that kept them from feeding me for even LONGER. anywho

but it was the most amazing thing. i didn't get to hold her till about 8pm that night.....jim left the surgery room and wasn't allowed to return....and when i was brought back to my room no one was there...no jim...no mom...i told the nurse, you BETTER tell them to get back here....i'm not chopped liver....not yet, right? but they were at the nursery glass slobbering over my little patoot. who couldn't??? checking her out left and right....but i was dying....this little person who I, yes ME carried, for over 9 months, i should be able to check her out first, right???

man, moms have it rough. no fair. yea, they had me looking at her face while i was about to chuck it, but that isn't checking her out. i was like 'yea, cute' i am going to puke...leave me alone....oh, and where's her eyebrows. that is the FIRST thing i said when i saw my daughter for the first time. where's her eyebrows? yikes.

i stayed in the hospital till saturday morning (june 3)...since i had a c-section. plus, i was in NO hurry...they fed me on demand....took care of the baby when i wanted them to...it was GREAT! i never would have left!!! it was truely the best experience....a great hospital. i'd still be there if they'd let me....

and then 1 1/2 days later emergency surgery for Olivia...in childrens hospital for almost 3 weeks....but that's a whole other post. it's almost surreal....and that hospital stay was NOT fun. not fun at all....

but she is PERFECT. no issues from surgery...a great, happy, healthy baby. i am so lucky. and i am so so so in love. and i'd reliive all of this in a heartbeat, even the tough time after she was born. i wish i would have memorized, cherished, SOMETHING those first few months.......it just went by too quick.
May 30th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Logan&Sierrasmama0609's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
"Wheres her eyebrows?" LOL you crack me up!! Can you believe its been a year already??????

~*I've earned $200 worth of Amazon.com gift cards just by searching the web!*~
Join me!

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jennifernpr

May 30th, 2007, 06:15 AM
mommytutu's Avatar mom to Emma & Jacqueline
Well, it's about time!!

I can't believe that you didn't get to see her for so long after she was born. That would have drove me insane! I wouldn't let the doctors or nurses take Emma out of the room without me next to her after she was born! Paranoid much?

We still say she was switched at birth - after all, she does have red hair and blue eyes while DF and I both have brown hair brown eyes.

I was all for the drugs too. I *LOVED* my epidural, but the refused to give it to me until two hours before I delievered Emma! I went through 28 hours of labor!!!! Eek!

I can't believe it's been a year...!

May 30th, 2007, 08:52 PM
niema's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to niema
Awww...cute story. I bet you can crack yourself up all day. I loved my hospital stay after every birth. Thats why I want another baby, so I can spend those two days being pampered I would still be there too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search