Aiden's Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pidge315 Send a message via MSN to pidge315
I had been having contractions for a couple of days, but they weren't steady or hurting just uncomfortable. I had a dr appointment on the 15th so me and my fiance (mike) went to the appt and they put a moniter on me for starters and let it go for 10 mins. When the nurse comes in she says well you are definatly having contractions. So dr comes in and he checks me and says im not dialated at all but he can feel his head...i was like weird!!! Then asked "would you like to have a baby today?" i said what...and i found out after the whole shebang that he was going on vacation so it was better this way cuz i would have freaked if it wasn't my dr. Anyway. Mike and I fgo and grab some subway so that im not hungry and grab my bag from the house. Then off we go to the hospital. I also had to deliver at a different hospital my dr already had three other girls at this one and he may or may not have been able to get to me in time if i wasnt there.
So we are at the hospital now its 4:15 or so adn they start the iv and start me on pitocin to "get me going" as they said. my nurse looked at me and said did you feel that and i said no and she told me that my contraction had gone off the paper...so this was when they didnt hurt yet!!! a couple hours later and they had to keep readjusting my pitocin becasue my contractions would get realy close adn they didnt want that and then they would get too far apart. So at around 9:50 they shut it off completly to give me a break. I have one a good three contractions of my own and at 10:05 my water broke....thats when all hell broke loose! i was in pain!!! it was all in my belly so no back pain but oh jeeze! i make it a little while but then i was only at 3 cm since 7 and its around 4am!! so im not relaxing...ummm DUH!!! oh well so they say the best thing would be an epidural..and i was in such pain at this point i said yes please!!! finally he gets here it was like 30 mins but felt like forever...and the nurse runs in and says do you mind waiting the girl in the next room has to have an emergancy c section! i said yes definatly she needs it more...and the nurse continues to tell me that she has never seen a baby go from okay to distress so fast! she says this while im in labor!!!!! not good...so now i get scared and im trying to pay attention to the fetal moniter and i keep forgetting during the contractions and keep asking mike if everything is okay and im strting to scare him at this point! then the anestisiologist comes in and tells me he was at home..so i said so was i about 13 hours ago! he laughs and does his work...i didnt feel the needle or anything!!!
mike siad i fell asleep for an hour or so. so now its about 5:30 am and i am alert...and im like whats happening?? the nurse was coming in to check me and she says 7 cm...jeeze oh pete!!! i can feel this spot on the top of my belly and i was like this hurts..is it supposed to hurt and she said that it was normal. Finally she comes back in at 645 checks me and says finally im 10 cm and we can start pushing. My dr walks in all groggy looking and i must have been feeling good since i said you look worse than i do...he laughed! i was the last baby of the night! well morning!
Four pushes later there was my beautiful baby boy!!! at 7:06am weighing 7lbs 9oz!!!
thats my story! hope you enjoy it!

Audrey(24) mom to Aiden almost (4yr) girlfriend to David (24) waiting on Makayla (Aug 30)!
June 13th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
That sounds like a great birth!! And it sounds like you were a great patient making everyone laugh lol! They prolly dont have many laboring woman crackin jokes lol

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker
June 14th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to pidge315 Send a message via MSN to pidge315
ha ha i thought about that after the fact...and one of my nurses said i must have been lucky (they pick out of a hat for which room they get) she told me that when she came to see the little guy the next day! i had to laugh

Audrey(24) mom to Aiden almost (4yr) girlfriend to David (24) waiting on Makayla (Aug 30)!
March 16th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Regular
Aw audrey that is such a easy going delivery...from the one pic u have on facebook u like it was REALLY ruff delivery but from ur story it was one two three.. he is such a ham, gosh i could just eat him up..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search