Dominic Ray

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 24th, 2007, 02:54 PM
kasie.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to kasie. Send a message via Yahoo to kasie.
I woke up at about 11am on Sunday Dec. 4th feeling contractions. I had to go to the hospital right away because I had previously went into labor at 29,35, and 36 weeks, was already 3 cm. dialated, and was on a terbutaline pump since 29 weeks to help slow down contractions. I got to the hospital at about 12 and they hooked me up to the monitors and saw I was having reg. contractions 5 min. apart and was already 5 cm. so they knew the couldn't try and stop my labor ( I was 37 weeks) So they admitted me then came in and told me some bad news. First off all the labor rooms where full so I had to deliver in the monitoring room I was in, and that I wouldn't be able to have an epidural because the room was to small and the anesthesiologist wouldn't be able to fit (WHAT!?!?) So they gave me a shot of stadol and started my IVs, and told me if anyone delivered soon they would clear out the room asap and try and get me in. At about 3 pm my doctor came in and checked me and I was 5 to 6 cm. so she broke my water. The contractions got sooo bad. The colts were playing so I tried to take my mind off it as much as possible and watch the game. At 6pm the nurses came in and said that a room was cleared and they made me walk ( ) to this room. As soon as I laid down they checked me and I was 7cm they gave me some pitocin (i have no idea why) and then the anesthesiologist came in and did my epidural, I was in so much pain I don't even remember it getting put in. I laid there for about 10 min. and I started to notice that It was only working on my left side, so he came back in and gave me more medicine. I slept for about 20 min. and my doctor came in and checked me and I was already 10 cm. so it was time to push. While I was pushing my doctor kept running in and out because there was another lady pushing right across the hall (we had our babies 13 min apart) I pushed for about 20 min, and they had to use the suction cup because his head was turned and was getting stuck (he came out with cone head) and they pulled him out. He movements and his breathing were a little slow because of the terbutaline and they kept him over-night in the nursery, but the next day he was a normal baby.

<div align="center">Dominic Ray Harrington
December 4th, 2005 at 8:33 p.m
6lbs 8oz , 20.5 in
</div>
September 24th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Linz's Avatar Slacker Extraordinaire
Thanks for sharing your story with us! He's a cutie!

**thanks to trish for C's birthday siggy**
September 24th, 2007, 06:29 PM
kasie.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to kasie. Send a message via Yahoo to kasie.
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your story with us! He's a cutie! [/b]
Your welcome, and thank you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search