Madelyn Rose

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2008, 08:48 PM
KaseyMI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Here is the story of Madelyn Rose's birth...

I was due October 7th. I woke up at 2:00am on Friday, October 6th. My husband was still up on the computer...he hadn't been to bed yet. I went to the bathroom and then told him I felt weird, but didn't think much of it. As soon as I laid down I felt a contraction...my first one ever. I laid there and timed for the second one - 6 minutesand then timed the next one, another 6 minutes. After that, though, they were fluctuating from 2.5-4 minutes apart. I took a shower and dried my hair and did my make-up through the contractions and I waited until 4 to call the doctor. She said that she doubted I was having contractions that close already being that it was my first pregnancy/labor and to take some tylenol and drink some water and if I thought it was real contractions after that to come in. She didn't want me to come in and have to be sent home. I did that but I started spotting quite a bit and they were getting a little harder. My husband had gone to bed around 4 and I wanted to give him a little more time to sleep, though (aren't I nice?), so he got up around 6 and showered and we headed over to the hospital.

We called our parents on the way. My mom said she would come right over and I told her to wait until I get there and officially get admitted and then I would call her. Good thing mom showwed up a little while later anyway because they never really admitted me. We got there around 6:30 and at 7:00 they checked me in triage and I was 4cm and 80% effaced and a bulging bag. I was contracting consistently and strongly. They said that the resident would be back in to check me and confirm my admission. I was never physically checked again. The hospital was so busy...there were like 3 sets of twins being born and everyone else, too, it seems. It was a full moon, I think! At around 9:00 they finally came to get me. They said a Labor and Delivery Room was available and asked if I wanted a wheel chair or to walk. I said a wheelchair, but as soon as I sat down I felt like SHE was RIGHT THERE and so I walked instead.

On the way to the L&D room, they said that someone had taken my room and so they took me to another one that wasn't quite prepped. I immediately went into the bathroom because I was bleeding so much and I wanted to clean up. DH was so good...he was in there with me...blood all over the toilet and floor, but he didn't care. I was contracting so hard at that point, I couldn't be alone. My mom came in the room as I was making my way back to the bed and I told her I didn't want her to see me in this much pain and asked her to leave. She understood.

The pain became quite bad at this point (around 9am) and my doctor came in to see me for the first time. It was kind of funny because I actually had a 9:00 office visit scheduled with her that day. She checked me and I said...is it too late to get pain medicine??? She didn't really answer but she called for the anisthesiologist, but he was doing another epidural. After she examined me, though, I felt like I peed and I said so. It, of course, was my water. I said then that I felt like there was something between my legs. The doctor checked me and said that I was having the baby now! Nothing was ready. The nurse was putting an IV in my arm (due to a heart condition I have) and they were breaking down the table, calling for nurses, throwing on gloves and gowns. It was quite intense! It was kind of funny hearing the panic in their voice as they called for all of the help. After about 3 pushes - no pain medicine - I had Madelyn at 9:19!
February 11th, 2008, 09:23 AM
dawnly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for sharing.....Amazing birth story!!!!!
February 11th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Berries's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! I guess Madelyn was done waiting and wanted to make a big entrance. Thanks for sharing your story.

February 11th, 2008, 02:13 PM
MrsCalhoun's Avatar Ryan Lover
anxious little lady isn't she!!! all happy to be out and about. Wonderful story

February 11th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to Starzy Send a message via MSN to Starzy
Loved your story Kasey! Wish you could have been around during our pregnancies!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
February 11th, 2008, 08:04 PM
KaseyMI's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Loved your story Kasey! Wish you could have been around during our pregnancies![/b]
Thank you! You have truly made me feel welcome. At the time I was posting on AmericanBaby, which is now gone. I see, though, that I did register on this site Feb 2006...not sure why I didn't stick around.

It would be great if we got pregnant at the same time again.

Thanks again!

February 13th, 2008, 03:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ALP Send a message via Yahoo to ALP
What a great birth story!

February 17th, 2008, 04:59 PM
acheely's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i feel like saying welcome madelyn, a year and half later =)
great story, you better just wait at the hospital around your due date with #2!

April 4th, 2008, 10:49 AM
mama2noah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow great story! no waiting around for your baby girl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search