Robert Samuel 5/2/07

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Mandi_Lin
I went in Wednesday May 2, 2007 at 5:15 AM to start my induction…I was 38.5 weeks pregnant, but I had high blood pressure so the doctor decided to induce early. Everything was going good…it was just David and I because Madison was staying with her grandma to sleep in awhile. They started Pitocin at 6:15AM and I was 1 CM and 20%. The contractions were not to bad kind of like period cramps, but the nurse told me they would get a lot worse when the doctor came in to break my water. The doctor was suppose to come in at 10:15 AM to break my water but he didn’t show up until 10:45 AM. When he checked me I was 3 CM and 50% the baby was still high -3...he had me sit on a metal bedpan while he stuck the amino stick up there to break my water…the pressure was really intense, but the fluid came out clear. The nurse was right my contractions got a lot worse quick. Madison finally got to come and see me right after my water was broke. I asked for my Epi at 11:30 AM due to having seizures with my last pregnancy. Well the guy came in to do the Epi at 12:00PM I was 5 CM and 80% and when the needle was in my back I had my first seizure which was just a small one. He had to redo the whole thing and it finally set in, but my body had already started having trouble My blood pressure was dropping and I was having seizures right and left I had 4 seizures in less then 30 min. The doctor requested Madison to be taken to another area and wait. I was placed on Oxygen and I don’t remember much after that so the rest is what has been told to me by my husband. With the Pitocin my body was going into overdrive with the Contractions and every time I had a contraction Robert’s heart rate would drop. At 1:30PM the doctor called to have me go in for a C-section because my body was starting to shut down. My husband got to be in the room with me, but I was out of it and don’t remember much…it felt like someone pushing on my tummy, but it was really numb. All of a sudden I heard the doctor say oh don’t fight me little one and then I heard the high pitched scream….Robert Samuel had entered the world at 2:22 PM. I went into recovery and had to wait 40 min before I got pain Medication because they had to find some I could take and not have a reaction to…well in that time I had 2 more seizures. I got back to my room at 5:00PM and was given a drug called Vicodin and I don’t remember anything until the next morning. I remember seeing my son and how much he looked like his sister. I finally got to go home May 4 on Madison’s birthday, but I don’t get to pick her up for 6 weeks…which is hard. He is a good baby and he loves to be cuddled so far he is a momma’s boy and only let’s me hold him without him fussing….so far we are working on Madison to like her brother she so far hasn’t taken to him at all!

Robert Samuel May 2, 2007 at 2:22PM he was 7 pounds 8.2 ounces 20 inches long. Head was 14 chest was 12 ˝. Agar was 8 and 9.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search