I Had My Baby and It's a Girl!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2006 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2005, 02:58 PM
Keok's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a shock it was to have the arrival of my little one on Sunday. I must tell you that I had no idea I would be having an early baby. My last pregnancy went until 38 weeks so this was the LAST thing I expected.

At around 6:00am on Sunday morning I woke up feeling soaking wet. I honestly thought I wet myself, but than I felt this gush of warm liquid. I got up and there was water running down my legs. It was a clear pink colour so although this was the first time it had happened it was obvious my water had broken. I promptly called the hospital and they told me to come in. I was pretty panicked at this point as I was TOTALLY UNPREPARED and had NOTHING ready. I did my best to pack a bag for the hospital and one for my little guy who would be spending time at his Grandpa's house once I knew what was happening. Naturally I was pretty panicked because of the fact that there was still a few weeks before my baby's actual due date. Upon arrival to the hospital they had me check myself with a Q-Tip to verify that it was amniotic fluid and it turned dark blue right away. I was admitted and than checked for dilation. By this point it was around 8:00am and I was dilated 3-4cm. The doctor told me that because my last delivery was so quick I would likely have the baby within the hour. I was told that If I wanted an epidural, now was the time to decide. I chose to go for the epidural which was certainly different from my son's delivery as there had been no time I had had no choice. It hurt real bad and I was all curled up but my son made me laugh when I heard him say Mommy looks like a turtle. After getting the epidural labour seemed to slow down quite a bit. My dad came and picked up my son and I was having pain free labour. The baby was tolerating the contractions well which was good and by 12:30pm there was still no baby. It surprised both me and the doctor as they expected things to go very quickly. The doctor came in and checked me only to say that my bladder was extremely full and it seemed to have pushed the baby's head up. I was given a catheter and had nearly a litre of liquid in me. By the time I was drained and the doctor checked me for dilation again It was about 1:20pm. I was 7 cm dilated. About 15 minutes after that I started feeling extreme pain from where the catheter was. I complained and practically begged them to take it out but they said "no, it will come out when you deliver". I was in tears and utter agony as though I had not had the epidural at all. Finally around 2:00pm the doctor came in and checked me again. After that the reason for the pain was obvious. I had been fully dilated and the baby's head had come right down. They got everything ready in a hurry and the nurses from the nursery came down and got ready to take the baby once he/she was born. I was told to push and the baby's head was out with the first one. I was than told to stop pushing and learned afterwards that the cord had been wrapped tightly around the baby's neck so they had to cut it from the neck as soon as the head came out. The baby cried once SHE (What a surprise, I was SURE it would be a boy) was out and she sounded really good. She was blue because of the cord and I barely got a glance before they rushed her away to the nursery. I did not tear which was great and aparantley the placenta looked very healthy. They do not know why I delivered early but I was told if I got pregnant again that I would need to start getting internal check ups earlier in the pregnancy. I heard from the pediatrician about 45 minutes later and learned that EMILY ANNE weighed 5 pounds 13 ounces and measured 19 inches long. I was told she was a big baby for her gestational age and that it was a very good thing. I learned that she was on Oxygen and that her breathing would need to be watched very closely. I was also warned about her face being bruised because she came down so fast. I was told it could take anywhere from a couple of days to a week for the bruising to fade away. When I asked how long she would be in the nursery I was told it would totally depened on her progress but that it would be at least until she reached 35 weeks gestation. I was a little sad knowing I would not get to be with my baby the way every mother wants to be with their baby after giving birth but I just remind myself that she is in the best and most capable hands around. About an hour after speaking to the pediatrician I got a surprise when the nurse brought in my little girl for a visit. They said that they were able to take her off the Oxygen and that she was doing very well. I got to hold her for approx an hour and it was WONDERFUL!!!! I was SO HAPPY!!!! She continued to breathe well so now it is all about the feeding. She would not take to the breast on Sunday which was no surprise. Supposedley they don't really develop their sucking reflex until they are a little older. On Monday evening she took to my breast and she did well today too so we are on our way and things are looking really good.

I was discharged from the hospital today so it was really hard leaving little Emily but it won't be too long before I get to bring her home. I will be going to the hospital for feedings as often as possible but it will be hard to do with my little 3 year old at home.

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know the news. I will continue to be a part of the board and I look forward to reading the birth stories belonging to all of you.

STATS
Name: Emily Anne
Weight: 5 pounds 13 ounces
Length: 19 inches
Hair Colour: Red (Can't really tell in the picture)
Birthdate: October 30/05
Due Date: December 11/05

Katie

November 9th, 2005, 10:29 AM
M!che!!e's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Location: NYC born and raised. Now stationed in Savannah, Ga HAAF!
Send a message via MSN to M!che!!e Send a message via Yahoo to M!che!!e
she's a cutey.

(a little bit late but...) HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE ONE!

November 12th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to pocket_princess
congratualtions! she's beautiful.

...expecting Trent on December 8, 2005...

November 16th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Proverbs31Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! That is a big baby for the gestational age!! Glad that you didnt tear and she is a great fighter! Congratulations!
Jordan - 3 yrs old
Children are an inheritance from the Lord. The fruit of the womb a reward.
November 16th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Natasha1983's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Natasha1983
She looks great! can't wait for more pictures!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left"></MARQUEE>
November 16th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Mjp121212's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally posted by Keok@Nov 2 2005, 06:58 PM
What a shock it was to have the arrival of my little one on Sunday. I must tell you that I had no idea I would be having an early baby. My last pregnancy went until 38 weeks so this was the LAST thing I expected.

At around 6:00am on Sunday morning I woke up feeling soaking wet. I honestly thought I wet myself, but than I felt this gush of warm liquid. I got up and there was water running down my legs. It was a clear pink colour so although this was the first time it had happened it was obvious my water had broken. I promptly called the hospital and they told me to come in. I was pretty panicked at this point as I was TOTALLY UNPREPARED and had NOTHING ready. I did my best to pack a bag for the hospital and one for my little guy who would be spending time at his Grandpa's house once I knew what was happening. Naturally I was pretty panicked because of the fact that there was still a few weeks before my baby's actual due date. Upon arrival to the hospital they had me check myself with a Q-Tip to verify that it was amniotic fluid and it turned dark blue right away. I was admitted and than checked for dilation. By this point it was around 8:00am and I was dilated 3-4cm. The doctor told me that because my last delivery was so quick I would likely have the baby within the hour. I was told that If I wanted an epidural, now was the time to decide. I chose to go for the epidural which was certainly different from my son's delivery as there had been no time I had had no choice. It hurt real bad and I was all curled up but my son made me laugh when I heard him say Mommy looks like a turtle. After getting the epidural labour seemed to slow down quite a bit. My dad came and picked up my son and I was having pain free labour. The baby was tolerating the contractions well which was good and by 12:30pm there was still no baby. It surprised both me and the doctor as they expected things to go very quickly. The doctor came in and checked me only to say that my bladder was extremely full and it seemed to have pushed the baby's head up. I was given a catheter and had nearly a litre of liquid in me. By the time I was drained and the doctor checked me for dilation again It was about 1:20pm. I was 7 cm dilated. About 15 minutes after that I started feeling extreme pain from where the catheter was. I complained and practically begged them to take it out but they said "no, it will come out when you deliver". I was in tears and utter agony as though I had not had the epidural at all. Finally around 2:00pm the doctor came in and checked me again. After that the reason for the pain was obvious. I had been fully dilated and the baby's head had come right down. They got everything ready in a hurry and the nurses from the nursery came down and got ready to take the baby once he/she was born. I was told to push and the baby's head was out with the first one. I was than told to stop pushing and learned afterwards that the cord had been wrapped tightly around the baby's neck so they had to cut it from the neck as soon as the head came out. The baby cried once SHE (What a surprise, I was SURE it would be a boy) was out and she sounded really good. She was blue because of the cord and I barely got a glance before they rushed her away to the nursery. I did not tear which was great and aparantley the placenta looked very healthy. They do not know why I delivered early but I was told if I got pregnant again that I would need to start getting internal check ups earlier in the pregnancy. I heard from the pediatrician about 45 minutes later and learned that EMILY ANNE weighed 5 pounds 13 ounces and measured 19 inches long. I was told she was a big baby for her gestational age and that it was a very good thing. I learned that she was on Oxygen and that her breathing would need to be watched very closely. I was also warned about her face being bruised because she came down so fast. I was told it could take anywhere from a couple of days to a week for the bruising to fade away. When I asked how long she would be in the nursery I was told it would totally depened on her progress but that it would be at least until she reached 35 weeks gestation. I was a little sad knowing I would not get to be with my baby the way every mother wants to be with their baby after giving birth but I just remind myself that she is in the best and most capable hands around. About an hour after speaking to the pediatrician I got a surprise when the nurse brought in my little girl for a visit. They said that they were able to take her off the Oxygen and that she was doing very well. I got to hold her for approx an hour and it was WONDERFUL!!!! I was SO HAPPY!!!! She continued to breathe well so now it is all about the feeding. She would not take to the breast on Sunday which was no surprise. Supposedley they don't really develop their sucking reflex until they are a little older. On Monday evening she took to my breast and she did well today too so we are on our way and things are looking really good.

I was discharged from the hospital today so it was really hard leaving little Emily but it won't be too long before I get to bring her home. I will be going to the hospital for feedings as often as possible but it will be hard to do with my little 3 year old at home.

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know the news. I will continue to be a part of the board and I look forward to reading the birth stories belonging to all of you.

STATS
Name: Emily Anne
Weight: 5 pounds 13 ounces
Length: 19 inches
Hair Colour: Red (Can't really tell in the picture)
Birthdate: October 30/05
Due Date: December 11/05

Katie

<div align="right"><{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

popping over from July. Our birth stories are very similar! I went early too and you are right about not having the sucking reflex til later. I had a VERY hardto bf'ing in the beginning GREAT JOB! and CONGRATS! She is gorgeous!

Thanks to Maitri for my wonderful siggy!
November 18th, 2005, 08:08 AM
momagain6's Avatar Veteran
She is so beautiful. And such a good size also. Keep us posted on her. Congratulations.
November 18th, 2005, 06:47 PM
KaylaMeow's Avatar Canned Spontaneity
Send a message via MSN to KaylaMeow Send a message via Yahoo to KaylaMeow
OMG! She's so cute! Look at those little cheeks! And the little nose! Oh Katie! Your daughter is absolutely precious!
November 27th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Crystal_n_Andrew's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Crystal_n_Andrew
popping in from Jan DDC she is a beauty and congrats...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search