TopCare pregnancy test

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2012, 06:48 AM
TTUmom's Avatar Soon to be mommy of TWO!
Okay, so I found out I was pregnant a week ago using a ClearBlue Digital...I took two and they were both positive. Since my Dr. appt isnt until Tuesday I thought I would go ahead and take a few more tests So...I went to our local grocery store and figured I would just buy a cheap brand since I already knew I was prego. The only "off" brand they had was TopCare...2 for $8.00!!! I was super excited to take it because I wanted to see how dark my line would be seeing that I should be 6 weeks along. Well...let me say it was such a disappointment!! I had a FAINT line!!! Soo I took another one this morning and still another faint line. I've googled this brand and saw that a few people called the company to find out how sensitive the test is and it was at 100!! Anyone else had a faint line recently or ever heard of this brand??
May 4th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had a similar experience with the cheap ($0.88), Walmart cassette tests (First Signal, I think...). It took FOREVER for that line to start to darken up. All my other tests were super dark, but the first signal was still lighter.

I wouldn't stress too much. If you're really worried, you can go pick up a more sensitive test (even the $ store brand are pretty good) or call your doc to have blood work done.

KUP on how you you're doing.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
May 4th, 2012, 07:29 AM
TTUmom's Avatar Soon to be mommy of TWO!
Thank you!! I think I'm going to go buy a Early Results First Response today and see if that makes a difference!
May 4th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
A sensitivity of 100 is not terribly sensitive -- the lower the number, the better. Mine (internet cheapies) are sensitive to 25 and I got a dark line at 14dpo.

May 4th, 2012, 08:12 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only buy $1 store tests....because with my 4 year old it gave me results 6 days before I was due (if you have a $1 tree around you that is where I go) Well I was at walmart and found tests for $.88, like someone mentioned) and I was excited to pee on it this morning because I figured it would be darker then last night because it sat in me all night...nope still light. I was disappointed, but you have to remember (i keep telling myself this too) ANY line is positive no matter how dark, we only have HCG in us when we are prego! I am sure it will darken up w/in the next few days!! If you see my photo I posted, that is how dark it was this morning and that one was taken last night.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 4th, 2012, 12:08 PM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Again, $ Tree tests showed nothing for me, while equate came up very dark immediately. Sometimes it's the sensitivity (and I've even read that the sensitivity advertised can be way off-some might read down into the teens, while others may read into the forties or more, even if it says 25), sometimes it's the batch of tests, sometimes it's the blue dye, etc. I took tests for a friend's website when I was 10 weeks pregnant with my first son. 2 of the tests didn't register at all (!), and First Response and some store brand came up VERY light. Obviously, the pregnancy was going as it should, but it still worried me a little! Ha!

A line is a line!

Oh, and I know Top Care brand. It's at KMart or Food World here. I can't remember.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search