How will you tell everyone?

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By *Bobbie*
  • 1 Post By iamkc

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2012, 09:34 AM
rageybug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need to do something somewhat creative to add to my blog for an announcement to my customers so this is what I did. I won't be announcing anything until after our first u/s on May 18th but thought I'd share.

I made one for my parents, DH's parents, my Grandparents and my brother/SIL...and of course one to use in a "photo shoot" for the blog.

May 6th, 2012, 09:41 AM
mojomama's Avatar Super Mommy
Very cute!
I made Big Sister shirts when I got pregnant with my third. the shirts were a hit...my pregnancy, not as much. For now, dh and I are just enjoying our delicious secret- the kids don't even know yet. We'll get around to telling eventually :-)
May 6th, 2012, 09:48 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
We've never done anything cute. We just call and tell. Actually, at 35, I'm still terrified of admitting to my dad that I had sex, so I make DH call and tell. HAHAHAHAHA If we get far enough with this one, maybe we'll do something different! For our second, we waited until 17 weeks. I started bleeding then, ended up in the hospital and saw that there might be problems. We were trying to move across the country, and the opportunity opened up the day I got out of the hospital. SO, DH called his parents and said, "Hey. I just wanted to let you know that Jessica just got out of the hospital (I hadn't wanted anyone to know; I was NOT up for visitors!) with kidney issues. They kept her because she's 17 weeks pregnant. We were going to wait longer to tell you, but we're moving across the country in 4 days and wanted you to know." They were not happy. I don't blame them, but sometimes, it's how things work out. They understood later. Still, I'd like to avoid that. I'd like some clear news this time around so maybe we can tell earlier and feel secure in it! (You know, before we move across the country again in July/August. Sheesh.)
May 6th, 2012, 10:05 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As crappy as it sounds, no one in my family will be excited so I am not sure when we will tell them. But it won't be anything cute. :/

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 6th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Bobbie, we might be in the same boat. People will eventually be excited, but we'll hear a lot of "bad timing", "Milo's problems", and other such things. My grandmother flat-out said, "Don't have more kids." I shouldn't say that NO ONE will be happy; my sister is beyond thrilled, and my cousin and a few others in my generation will be happy. I'm sorry.

*I* am happy for you!
May 6th, 2012, 10:42 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's why I love JM. Thank you We can be excited for each other
iamkc likes this.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 6th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Absolutely! I get attached quickly. I'm overwhelmingly excited about everyone's appointments and numbers and progress. I cry when someone has to leave. I like that there are other people to share the journey with, who will celebrate my baby even if others don't!
Summer Dawn likes this.
May 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM
mal91011's Avatar Mommy to Maxwell
We won't be tellling people till Father's Day weekend. I've already decided i'm getting my dad a Cubs shirt and then a second package with a Cubs onesie in it. I don't really care how we tell other people, just my parents!

May 6th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've told parents and siblings. Others will find out later on once we feel more secure about things. Not sure how we will announce, but most will find out on facebook as we have many family and friends that live in different states.

May 6th, 2012, 11:44 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
What an awesome idea. I have no clue how I will tell anyone. I do have a blog that i will announce it on, but no one from my family knows about it. I WILL keep it a secret (to facebook...I had to tell my mom today so she could help pray) until I hit the second trimester. If I can reach that milestone, then I will say something. Probably post a u/s or something.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
May 6th, 2012, 04:48 PM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
This would be my first pregnancy and my mom and dad's first grandchild so I want to do something super cute! I think for my immediate family I am going to make like a "You're invited" and it'll go something like this. What: The birth of our first baby When: Due Date Where: The hospital and then a pic of the u/s. We are waiting till at least 10 weeks to tell anyone because I've already had one miscarriage before. For the rest of the world, I know it's corny, but I want to buy a "Prego" pasta sauce and put a sticky note that says "We're" next to the Prego label and take a picture with my husband and I. Clearly I have thought wayyy to far into this, I haven't even had my apt yet but I have had very strong positive BFPs so prayers that this one works out!!!
May 6th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Proud mommy!
Close family already knows. I am not creative, so I will probably just post the first sono pic on Facebook.

May 6th, 2012, 08:19 PM
mommyfirst11's Avatar Veteran
We are also doing a big brother shirt.
May 6th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Lucky Mama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Rageybug! That is SOOOOOOO cute! You are so talented!

We are still planning on doing the Mad Gab thing on Mother's Day. We just can't wait to tell our folks. We won't be telling distant family and friends until after 12 weeks.

____ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
May 7th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Veteran
We haven't decided if we're going to do anything funny or cute to announce to the immediate family. But I have an idea for announcing on Facebook afterwards.

Day 1: "My Doctor said that I have only a 2-3% chance of getting pregnant. :-\ "

[Receive encouraging commentary from friends to not give up trying or that I'll have a wonderful life anyway...]

Day 2: "My Doctor said that I have only a 2-3% chance of getting pregnant. It would appear that my Doctor was wrong! We're pregnant!"
[Attach photo of my 3 month ultrasound.]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search