Doctors like to make us newly prego women crazy!

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By .Nikki.
  • 1 Post By iamkc
  • 1 Post By .Nikki.
  • 1 Post By *Bobbie*

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2012, 10:20 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You would think that when they send a prego women for their HCG levels they would put "rushes" on them just to ease our minds...but nooo....! I went early this morning for my second round, I even went to the hospital that is with my doctors office (right down the street) because usually they get results same day, but no...they told me it won't be at my doctors until tomorrow morning....!!! Seriously? I was there at 730ish this morning...it shouldn't take that long! AHHH!

I did call my doctors office though to see what my numbers were from Saturday in hopes that they will call back and my numbers from today would happen to be back early. They haven't called back yet, but I gave them my cell number to call me on just in case I was outside with Xavier.

WHY MUST THEY MAKE US STRESS.........
WENDYLL22 likes this.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 7th, 2012, 10:23 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
LOL! Sorry you have to wait hon. I got in my dr's office at 11am and they said they would have them today. That's so weird....especially if you got it drawn in a hospital. They have some good turn around times there, although in a hospital setting beta's aren't usually a rush order unless you are in the ER. I hope you get them today! Maybe they just said tomorrow as a precaution?

Always missing my 4 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12, 11/27/14
May 7th, 2012, 10:35 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I'm POSITIVE that making pregnant women crazy is part of the Hippocratic Oath! YOU CANNOT CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE! On top of not getting numbers back quickly enough, them saying, "Let's wait and see" a lot, making vague statements about every part of pregnancy, and making absolute statements that don't pertain to you are ALSO part of that part of the Oath.

I hope that you get your numbers back. I'd totally do the same thing, calling for "last week's" numbers in hopes of getting both sets!
sweet.hun likes this.
May 7th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hear ya, my drs office didn't even tell me when they would call me. My luck they will not call me until the 2nd drawn on Thursday. I might call tomorrow if I don't hear anythig. Hope you get a call back today yet!

May 7th, 2012, 11:07 AM
rageybug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been calling all morning for Friday's beta results and they still aren't in! AHHHH I know what you mean!
May 7th, 2012, 11:08 AM
i figured calling for Saturdays numbers and "checking" on todays would make me sound less nuts. lol. i think they will be back today, they would have to be...ugh.

i mean, making us crazy prego's wait on numbers is insane, then the nurse always says "dont think about it, you do not want to stress" Ummmmm EASIER SAID THEN DONE NURSEY! hahahahaha
sweet.hun likes this.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM
rageybug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been sitting here stressing ALL weekend! I better have some results in a few hours or.....or..... I've got nothing but I just hope they have a number for me.

My 13dpo beta was 62. I was stressed that it was too low but I've found so many websites that say it's just fine.
May 7th, 2012, 11:17 AM
*Bobbie*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With my old OB (the quack) during my last pregnancy I had them done on a Monday and didn't have them back until the following TUESDAY. 8 days! Yeah in that time I had an ultrasound and saw the heartbeat.
iamkc likes this.

On 1/31/12 at exactly 16 weeks pregnant Noah came too soon. He was our 7th loss
If you would like to see pictures of my sweet (but tiny) boy they can be viewed at www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahdarrohn they aren't the easiest pictures to look at but I am willing to share them with anyone who would like to see them <3
On August 2, 2012 we lost Sarah at 17 weeks. She was our 8th loss Her pictures can be viewed at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sarahdarrohn
There is no known explanation for my losses.

May 7th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Purple_cat's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hopefully they call you back today and give you both sets of numbers, that was very clever of you!
May 7th, 2012, 11:22 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Quote:
Originally Posted by rageybug View Post
I've been sitting here stressing ALL weekend! I better have some results in a few hours or.....or..... I've got nothing but I just hope they have a number for me.

My 13dpo beta was 62. I was stressed that it was too low but I've found so many websites that say it's just fine.
62 at 13 dpo sounds great!
May 7th, 2012, 12:09 PM
theagent49's Avatar Veteran
I had to go to the lab to get my blood/urine work and it will take 2-3 days so I did it on Friday and calling the doc on Tuesday to see if they have my results yet.

May 8th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Okay, I am really annoyed. I left a message this morning for the doctors to call me with my levels and nothing yet. i was feeling positive about things, but the more i wait the more my mind is "f'ing" with me. I need to clean and stuff but I just can't get into things until I know. It is coming up on lunch time so I hope they call me then. I know I might sound crazy, but seriously....I know the results are there...just call. They deal with this everyday, so they know how the patients just want to know.

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 8th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Babyschultz's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Nikki. View Post
Okay, I am really annoyed. I left a message this morning for the doctors to call me with my levels and nothing yet. i was feeling positive about things, but the more i wait the more my mind is "f'ing" with me. I need to clean and stuff but I just can't get into things until I know. It is coming up on lunch time so I hope they call me then. I know I might sound crazy, but seriously....I know the results are there...just call. They deal with this everyday, so they know how the patients just want to know.
That's terrible they haven't called you yet, didn't you leave a message yesterday?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search