Not feeling positive....

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 8th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
So I peed about 8:30... Went out and got back at about 10. I decided to take an answer test since my dollar tree test from 6 am was so faint.... Another faint line....thinking in gonba lose this one too... I'm mortified! I know I shouldn't have tested after peeing only an hour and a half before but I would think I shouldn't matter after two days

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
May 8th, 2012, 08:52 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
STOP TESTING! You are going to drive yourself insane. I know it's tempting, and I know having experienced an M/C in Jan that this pregnancy terrifies the crap out of you, but stressing yourself out and testing isn't going to help. If for some awful reason you are losing the pregnancy, no amount of testing is going to stop it. And on top of that, you don't know that you are losing the pregnancy! If you feel that nervous, maybe calling the Dr. to have some bloodwork done would put your mind a little more at ease?

As someone that easily gets worked up and stressed out I really feel for you and I pray that all is well. As long as you are not severely cramping or bleeding you are still pregnant! Don't stress yourself out!

I hope you feel better Now go do something to take your mind off POAS!

May 8th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I actually called my midwife yesterday and the midwife on call... Not my regular one... Told me that they don't do blood work anymore because new studies show that it does not prove anything unless you are bleeding then they will do blood work to show levels dropping. I find that utterly ridiculous! If I test tomorrow and my line is still faint but there I will call my regular midwife because she is there on Wednesday and asked for blood draw. I know no matter what if I'm going to lose it I'm going to lose it however the pOAS addict in me wanted to test because I've been excited being pregnant and was looking forward to darker lines and was not expecting to see what I saw this morning. So the next time I test to be tomorrow with FMu. I have been having some AF type cramping and I just throw my back out this morning but I'm not sure if that's related.

We will journey together
May 8th, 2012, 09:52 AM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i am looking and you are only 3 weeks and some days? you should be happy you are even getting a faint line....i was 4 week exactly last week and got a faint line....i would of never got one at 3 weeks!!! keep positive....that is awesome you are getting a line now!

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

May 8th, 2012, 09:59 AM
MammaWannaBe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

I agree with you Nikki. I actually tested negative until almost 4 weeks so those are some great lines! Try to stay positive and don't stress yourself out! You don't need a test to tell you you're pregnant right now, you know you are, but if it makes you feel better, call your midwife tomorrow and talk it out. I know that I am a nervous mess based on my last M/C, so I am going to my Dr. on Friday just to chat and quell some of my fears, which I am really looking forward to. Maybe a good chat with an expert will make you feel better.

May 8th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got a positive test at 9 days and kept testing every day. My line didn't darken up for 5 or 6 days. Now my test line is way darker than my control line.

It is still very early so try to relax.

May 8th, 2012, 10:36 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Oh, PLEASE try not to worry! It's not going to get darker within just a couple of hours. There's a reason HPTs need you to hold your urine to see a line AT ALL. If you really feel the need to keep POAS, wait a couple of days, at least. You'll probably see a slightly darker line. If not, that doesn't mean ANYTHING. A line is a line for now.

May 8th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkc View Post
Oh, PLEASE try not to worry! It's not going to get darker within just a couple of hours. There's a reason HPTs need you to hold your urine to see a line AT ALL. If you really feel the need to keep POAS, wait a couple of days, at least. You'll probably see a slightly darker line. If not, that doesn't mean ANYTHING. A line is a line for now.
Its been two days, not hours. I'm trying to stay positive but it's hard! Thanks for all the advice

Thanks everyone! I'm nervous as hell

We will journey together
May 8th, 2012, 11:56 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
Oh, I thought that you peed, then peed again a couple of hours later. Hahahahaha Sorry.

STILL, it might take a few days to start getting darker. Each test has a different amount of dye in it, so a day or two might not make much difference. The test is still positive, and that's a good sign. If you really just can't stand it, see if your midwife can suggest a lab or doctor to take betas for you. Hugs. Early pregnancy is mentally exhausting.

May 8th, 2012, 12:27 PM
.Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yea, it all depends on the test...some don't ever get dark....it just all depends. i know no matter what anyone says you are going to worry...but just deep breaths, one day at a time. as long as you are not bleeding....just stay positive! <3

Visit my blog!
NikkiCraddock.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search