Progesterone levels

Forum: January 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To January 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 08:07 AM
TTUmom's Avatar Soon to be mommy of TWO!
I had my frist doctors appointment yesterday!! I only got to see the nurse...she had me take a pregnancy test to confirm the pregnancy, she went over do's and dont's, we discussed my family medical history, set up our first ultrasound appointment for June 6th, and they took a TON of blood. I left feeling sort of uneasy about the appointment....I asked her if they were going to confirm the pregnancy with the blood work and she said no that they were just going to run tests on it such as HIV testing. She didn't go into detail about what else that would be tested. I really wanted to have my progesterone tested to be sure everything was looking okay. Does anyone know if that is a normal routine test? Maybe they were going to test my levels and just didn't tell me. My appt was yesterday at 10:00 and I haven't hear from them so hopefully that is a good sign. I'm 25 and this is my first so I'm not sure what the normal procedure is but I'm ready to know that everything is okay!
May 9th, 2012, 08:14 AM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
I'm not sure if it's a normal thing to do, especially if this is your first pregnancy. I've had a history of miscarriages, that's why my progesterone and beta levels are being watched closely. If it's something you are worried about, I would call the doctor's office and ask if it can be performed. It's a simple blood test.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
May 9th, 2012, 08:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
In my experience, betas and progesterone testing is not routine unless they have some reason to suspect there could be a problem. I also only had the standard tests - HIV because it's required by law, other stuff such as iron levels, etc.

May 9th, 2012, 08:21 AM
TTUmom's Avatar Soon to be mommy of TWO!
I was worried that might be the case....I guess I'll just wait until June for my ultrasound. Hopefully that will ease my mind!
May 9th, 2012, 09:42 AM
iamkc's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to iamkc
I'm glad that you've at least had your first appointment. Betas and progesterone are NOT routine tests for first-time pregnancies, OR for subsequent pregnancies following only healthy, normal pregnancies. If they suspect a problem or if you request it, they might test. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search